test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warp Cores

joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
I saw the general posting from the developers regarding the subject matter and was wondering if there was a database already started for tracking different types, etc. out there.

There probably isn't, but I figured it never hurts to ask.
Post edited by joker8me on

Comments

• milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if there is, I havent come across any in my searches. Ive been trying to see if there is one that will buff weapons power level. If so then I can easily drop my zero point console for that warp core and then install another tactical phaser relay for extra damage.

I am actually suprised that theres not many people going on about this its always about the romulan faction that is being released. I just hope that the warp cores do good instead of bad to my build.
  • kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a doff mission that allows you to craft them, like all other ship consoles
  • lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joker8me wrote: »
    I saw the general posting from the developers regarding the subject matter and was wondering if there was a database already started for tracking different types, etc. out there.

There probably isn't, but I figured it never hurts to ask.

Yes, I'm interested too!
    Unfortunately, I never managed to log in the game (looooong patch & loooooooooooooooger login queue) :(
    So at least some info on the subject, please!!! :confused:
  • maristonmariston Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a doff mission that allows you to craft them, like all other ship consoles

What is this mission? Is it sector specific?
  • nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Starting to think that Warp Cores are going to be akin to the old STF drops. Namely, you'll be VERY lucky if one does drop.

Have played a few STF's/Fleet missions since the expansion went live and haven't seen one drop yet.

They clearly DO drop occasionally, as there are some junk ones on the exhange, being sold for silly amounts of EC. There was a single MkXI [purple] one there too when I last checked, but that had an asking price of 75 million EC.

And the ones in the Dil store only come in the MkX [blue] variety.

Yesterday when the servers were first up and actually working for awhile, I went in to the Conduit STF and my first drop was a singulairty core, Uncommon.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeph i got one drop in today,,,,,,,,just lucky i guess,,,,
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or unlucky it was for a warbird,,,,,,,,,,,im KDF......sold quick in the exchange tho,,,
  • milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Havent got in today yet, just tried to and the star trek online game window goes to "not responding" Looks like it will be another day of not playing the game. Then they wonder why more dont put money into this game. If we could see a performance or reliability boost more would sink money into this.

Well I got in but now im waiting in a que # 1,347 of 1,348 so I am logging out I cant afford to sit here all day to play a game when I want to but these idiots cant upgrade or expand their server capacity.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joker8me wrote: »
    I saw the general posting from the developers regarding the subject matter and was wondering if there was a database already started for tracking different types, etc. out there...
    I'm unaware of any particular database, but I can tell you what I've found out while researching for my Power Calculator (see signature for link).

There are basic (common/white) Matter/Antimatter and Singularity WCs. Their only function, it appears, is to set your Sector Space speed based on the device's Mark Level. Everyone was given one of these as a "stock" item when LoR launched. There are some additional Mark levels of these commons available in ESD Space Dock, at the Energy Credit Vendor (likely at other space equipment EC vendors too, I just didn't check them all :P).

There are higher quality (Uncommon/Rare) WCs available in the Dilithium Store at various Marks. Highest in there are Rare (Blue) Mark X. Once you get above Common you get a "type" of WC, and there are three:

Field Stabilizing (buffs shield power)
    Hyper Injection (buffs engine power)
    Overcharged (buffs aux power)

These increase not only the amount of power (based on the setting, lower the setting, more the boost, so if you set that power to 100 you get no boost), but also the cap (meaning a Field Stabilizing WC allows you to have up to 130 Shield Power.

Uncommon (Green) WC also have a single skill tag. Kind of like how a Deflector might have [PrtG] to improve your Particle Generation skill, your WC can have a similar tag. As detailed in the Release Notes, Matter/Antimatter cores have one of six tags relating to Engineering Skills. Singularity cores have one of six tags relating to Science skills.

Rare (Blue) Matter/Antimatter WC have the above and a second "Synergy" tag that allows one power subsystem to buff another. For example [A->W] will likely be popular amongst Science fans as it grants +7.5% of your Auxiliary power to your Weapons (ie if you have 100 Aux you get +7.5 Weapon power). Every possible variation exists (12 total). Rare Singularity cores have a second tag that enhance a single Singularity power. Exact details can be found in the Release Notes.

Again, you can see/acquire a wide variety of the above in the Dil Store, and/or from drops (ie eventually they'll be all over the Exchange).

Very Rare (Purple) WC have the above and a third tag that provides a "Capacitor" (mini-battery) click-power. There are four possible, one for each subsystem.

Mk XI and XII Warp Cores of all qualities gain one additional travel-related enhancement that increases the usefulness of your Slipstream or Transwarp abilities.

Devs have said Fleet versions will be available "soon" (My guess is a month or three), and I expect Reputation versions some day too (no ETA). You can get a Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core from the new Tal Shiar Borg ships in the Lock Box/Lobi store (can only be used on those ships). I also expect more WC (either directly or via ship purchase) in the Lobi/C-Store in the future.

In summary, good luck winning the drop lottery. Otherwise, I recommend waiting until Exchange prices drop. Personally, I plan to stick with my free Mk X Common WC on most my characters (until they get a worthy drop/prices fall). I mean I haven't lost anything, and I didn't need a Warp Core buff before. For a couple of my favorite characters, I may cough up the ~30k Dil to get a Rare Mk X WC from the Dil Store. I haven't decided yet.

Anywho, hope that helps. :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume you can buy a decent purple warp core in your fleet starbase. Can anyone confirm this?
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    I assume you can buy a decent purple warp core in your fleet starbase. Can anyone confirm this?

You would be wrong currently. They have said they will be adding fleet warp cores at some point though.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would check if I could log on. Damn cue is a mile long!
    edited May 2013
    See my details in post 12 if you like.

But the TL;DR version is:

I will reconfirm with Sparhawk there are no Fleet Warp Cores at this time, but Devs say there will be.

The best quality Warp Cores you can outright buy at this time (not including the Exchange) are Blue Mark X versions from the Dilithium Store. There is a pretty good variety of cores at that level.

Everything else is Drop or Exchange.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See my details in post 12 if you like.

But the TL;DR version is:

I will reconfirm with Sparhawk there are no Fleet Warp Cores at this time, but Devs say there will be.

The best quality Warp Cores you can outright buy at this time (not including the Exchange) are Blue Mark X versions from the Dilithium Store. There is a pretty good variety of cores at that level.

Everything else is Drop or Exchange.

In the Federation Shipyards Forum the Sparhawk individual made mention of a DOFF assignment (in the DOFF Forums) where you can create a core(not a fleet core).....I have not seen the assignment myself yet......
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milner62 wrote: »
    Dont know if there is, I havent come across any in my searches. Ive been trying to see if there is one that will buff weapons power level. If so then I can easily drop my zero point console for that warp core and then install another tactical phaser relay for extra damage.

I am actually suprised that theres not many people going on about this its always about the romulan faction that is being released. I just hope that the warp cores do good instead of bad to my build.

At present, there does not seem to be any core that boosts Weapons Power.

I can kind of understand why they would leave that out, too. If there was a core that boosted Weapons Power, it would be the only core anybody would use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    In the Federation Shipyards Forum the Sparhawk individual made mention of a DOFF assignment (in the DOFF Forums) where you can create a core(not a fleet core).....I have not seen the assignment myself yet......

True enough. Someone else posted in the DOFF sub-forum that an experimental warp core assignment does exist. I never came back to this thread to update it.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    Bought a white hyper for 1 k more than what it was marked as worth something like 30k or so maybe 40 not sure. cheap compared to the next one in the list at 500k lol, blue or purple wasnt even listed yet. figured why not its cheap and somewhat better than the one I have. I wont spend 500k or 2 mil for a white lol.

I doubt they will be some uber rare drop. no more rare than impulse engines so still more likely to get a console or weapon drop or junk commodities/batteries.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
    edited May 2013
    thratch1 wrote: »
    At present, there does not seem to be any core that boosts Weapons Power...
    Not entirely true. There are Matter/Antimatter (MAM) cores that will.

Any Uncommon MAM core with an [Eff] tag will raise your Efficiency Skill, so if your Weapons Power is set below 75, you'll see more power. Very little, but some, and it depends on your power setting and the mark level of the core. Example, if you've got a Mk X core with the [Eff] tag, and your Weapons Power is set to 25, you'll get +1.41 Weapons Power.

Rare or better MAM cores with either [A->W], [S->W], [E->W] Synergy tags will buff your Weapons Power by a percentage (7.5%) of another Subsystem's Power. Example: If you have a [S->W] tag and 50 Shield Power, you'll get +3.75 Weapons Power. If you have [A->W], and 125 Auxiliary, you'll get +9 Weapons Power.

What is true, is there is no core that increases your Weapons Power Cap/Maximum.
    sparhawk wrote: »
    True enough. Someone else posted in the DOFF sub-forum that an experimental warp core assignment does exist...
    I had heard about this too, though haven't seen it yet. Good to know!

edited May 2013
    Not entirely true. There are Matter/Antimatter (MAM) cores that will.

Any Uncommon MAM core with an [Eff] tag will raise your Efficiency Skill, so if your Weapons Power is set below 75, you'll see more power (very little, but some, and it depends on your power setting and the mark level of the core).

Rare or better MAM cores with either [A->W], [S->W], [E->W] Synergy tags will buff your Weapons Power by a percentage (7.5%) of another Subsystem's Power. Example: If you have a [S->W] tag and 50 Shield Power, you'll get +3.75 Weapons Power. If you have [A->W], and 125 Auxiliary, you'll get +9 Weapons Power.

What is true, is there is no core that increases your Weapons Power Cap/Maximum.

I had heard about this too, though haven't seen it yet. Good to know!

They were talking about a Warp Core that boosts maximum weapons power to 130.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    They were talking about a Warp Core that boosts maximum weapons power to 130.
    Were they? Ah. I didn't see "cap" or "max" in any of the referenced posts. :P

Regardless, I did cover that point too, that a Weapons Power Cap-increasing core doesn't exist.

Devs had said they felt making such a core would automatically become the preferred and make all others obsolete.

:cool:

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Starting to think that Warp Cores are going to be akin to the old STF drops. Namely, you'll be VERY lucky if one does drop.

Have played a few STF's/Fleet missions since the expansion went live and haven't seen one drop yet.

They clearly DO drop occasionally, as there are some junk ones on the exhange, being sold for silly amounts of EC. There was a single MkXI [purple] one there too when I last checked, but that had an asking price of 75 million EC.

And the ones in the Dil store only come in the MkX [blue] variety.

Given that there were only three purple MKXI+ on the exchange when I was on a couple of hours ago and they were all in the 70 million range, yeah, pretty rare.
    edited May 2013
    I've personally confirmed the experimental warp core DOFF assignment does exist. It's a green quality mission that I found under my engineering department head while I was in Sirius sector space. Running now. :D
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At present, there does not seem to be any core that boosts Weapons Power.

I can kind of understand why they would leave that out, too. If there was a core that boosted Weapons Power, it would be the only core anybody would use.
    Which is why they have chosen not to make any, presumably ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    I've personally confirmed the experimental warp core DOFF assignment does exist. It's a green quality mission that I found under my engineering department head while I was in Sirius sector space. Running now. :D
    Good info, thanks!

• mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can these drop anywhere in game? And by that I mean rare/very rare MXI or MXII ??
    Or is it just fleet actions or STF's? Anyone know for sure?
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nothing from the Fleet Stores yet. Mk XI and XII core are only from drops for the time being.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a n00b question.
    Say, if you have a core with [A -> W] and 125 Auxiliary, you'll get +x Weapons Power. Would that reduce -x Auxiliary power?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    a n00b question.
    Say, if you have a core with [A -> W] and 125 Auxiliary, you'll get +x Weapons Power. Would that reduce -x Auxiliary power?

It does not. It's 7.5% bonus power based on another system's power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Nothing from the Fleet Stores yet. Mk XI and XII core are only from drops for the time being.

You can get Warp Cores from DOFF Missions.

Got a nice MKXI from one of these missions.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not seen this doff mission at all for my fed toons , infact the doff missions do not change at all even when the sector update happens (bug ? ) . I have seen it listed in my main kdf toon but it seems that I do not have the correct doffs according the mission ( I do though) , is it another bugged mission ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING