test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reman is still Locked

mingtran2mingtran2 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
k, my Fed toon got t5 on Romulan Rep, but Playable Remans are still locked for me, what is going on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed this as well, and it seems related to the issue with getting the dilith rewards when you first rank up anything to Tier 5. Solutions that worked for that were to try to change instances, log out and back in, and there were a couple of other things to try. Sometimes just waiting helps. The Rep system seems to only recognize this stuff on a schedule that isn't totally reliable.

One way I found to cure it immediately was to run a project that exchanged marks for dilith. That cured it right away, and I was able to unlock a Reman after that.
  • Options
    foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, will try the marks cash in work a round later.
  • Options
    teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still cant login to my main character :(:(:(:(
  • Options
    codexenacodexena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to create a Romulan then claim the bundle that you procured. Then the Reman is unlocked. I know it is a bit backward, but that is what the link states above to do. However, they did not say you needed to be a Romulan first to claim the bundle. Trying this on my Klingon that did not work, so created a Romulan and claimed it then I was able to create my Reman.
  • Options
    dieutoutpuissantdieutoutpuissant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LTS and gold members don't get the free reman race when they hit T5 on their romulan rep, even after logging in on a character owning the T5.
  • Options
    foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have tier 5 Romulan reputation, cash in Dilithium with 50 Romulan marks through the activation of the project under the New Romulus reputation system and the Reman toon will unlock for you.
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LTS and gold members don't get the free reman race when they hit T5 on their romulan rep, even after logging in on a character owning the T5.

I'm sure it is an utter coincidence that it hits the same people that didn't get a char slot yesterday. Absolutely not related for sure.
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tip guys, I just did the "Ongoing diplomatic effort" project, and got a pop-up
    saying the Reman species was unlocked :)

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    I'm sure it is an utter coincidence that it hits the same people that didn't get a char slot yesterday. Absolutely not related for sure.

Not true. I'm a silver player and never have subscribed to the game and I have 2 characters with both tier 5 Romulan AND Omega and still don't have the Reman species unlocked. It seems to be happening to all, or most, players regardless of account status.

I don't have the time at the moment to test it, but from what others are saying, all that is needed is to complete a Romulan rep project and it will unlock. The easiest and quickest (only 15 seconds for the project to complete once filled) is to turn in 50 Romulan marks for 500 Dilithium (bottom project slot).