test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix your broken ..... same issues

saufangsaufang Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Keep getting in queue only to reach front and get login error message AGAIN...UNKNOWN REASON...I can tell you the reason.

This is past the point of bad this is just incompetence...
Post edited by saufang on

Comments

• gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got logged in...after 3 attempts...but now, I get a "Login Queue" message, saying that the game servers are full and I'm # 301 out of 2500 or so.

Is STO running on one server now or something?

:eek:

Edit - After finally getting to my turn in the Login Queue, I got the ever popular "Server Not Responding" message and it timed me out, returning me to the Login screen, which once again failed to connect the first couple of times. Now, I'm in the Queue with a position of 500 something out of 5000 or so.

You know, all these new bells and whistles are pretty but they're useless if we can't ring the bells and whistle the whistles. If you're going to use in-game settings/content to drive your new pretty character login screen, you're going to have to severely update your bandwidth capabilities for it to even begin to work.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chill out, its not incompetence nor running on one server. The game received a massive update and literally everyone wants to check it out. The hype will wear off in 12-24 hours and you will be perfectly able to login on demand.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the slow logging screen and the queues, I get "Server Not Responding" for many seconds and even minutes. One character finally got into the game, but then got disconnected after a few seconds.

:mad:

This is a disaster, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Chill out, its not incompetence nor running on one server. The game received a massive update and literally everyone wants to check it out. The hype will wear off in 12-24 hours and you will be perfectly able to login on demand.

I'm not big on "chilling out" when I'm paying for a service.

If I was a Play for Free player, then I wouldn't have any reason to be in a non-chilled mode but since I do pay cash for this, I have every right to be in my current non-chilled out state.

:D
  • technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, I think you can be pretty chill about it. I can't get past the retrieving character list without getting a "Player Booting Failed" error. I'm not too worried, these things work themselves out.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • axecutioner0187axecutioner0187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »

Actually you're right...it's not incompetence...it's poor planning and execution.

I have an idea. Lets create a massive game update, hype the TRIBBLE out of it and then on release day we'll NOT make sure that we can handle the traffic and TRIBBLE off all of the people who have paid for the game.

Come on now...it's business 101. Make sure that you can deliver on your product or risk damaging the relationship with your clients.
  • zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still cant connect. sit in queue for 25 minutes and then when transferring to map the server connection times out.

other thing I've noticed is that my character is wearing an older costume, not the one I've recently been using and the incorrect ship shows up above their head.
  • ballderballder Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic seem to think that we have paid for Legacy so we can stand in line. I start very careful to consider requesting a refund because they can not deliver
  • akaar2akaar2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least you are getting to the Queue I still can't get passed the 'Cryptic' screen with out fatal error crash
  • ajudgementajudgement Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20 THOUSAND dam que and my position has not budged from 6200 when it was only 7000 que!!
    Get more flipin servers!!
    Get profesional.
    Quit running all the PWE games out of a single server.