test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Purchasers Of The Legacy Pack

thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
I think all the people who paid for the legacy pack should be given 149 dollars worth of zen. This is absolutely ridiculous. From being in game and crashing every 5 seconds to not even being able to log in to people not getting their free slot to create a romulan. Not much could have gone worse on this PWE\Cryptic really dropped the ball on this one. Thats just my opinion your thoughts... ??? lol
I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
I'm in a really bad mood.
Post edited by thoksta on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize this was to be expected correct? Nobody seems to have patience. It will be fixed.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go back and read any thread from the last 2 weeks. Everyone knew the game would crash multiple times before it would be stabilized. Anyone who's ever played an MMO knows that new Expansions never go well on the first day. There are plenty of other days ahead of you.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know why Neverwinter got a supposed $700.00 dollar value for their Hero of the North pak, but our LoR pak only has a value of $220.00 or so. Do they value NWTR players more than the loyal and long time supportive STO player?

Just a thought
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You do realize this was to be expected correct? Nobody seems to have patience. It will be fixed.

This is such a nonsensical statement that gets repeated ad nauseam, regardless, and I really can't understand why.

What is that even supposed to mean, "this was to be expected"? What, exactly, was to be expected?

Bugs? Server issues? Lag? Login issues?

If that is all to be expected, then it necessarily follows that it was all prepared for, or at least should have been. If this was all expected, then launch could/should have been postponed another day, or another week, to make sure these issues were taken care of beforehand.

High player load was the only thing that should have been expected for this launch. Cryptic/PWE should have anticipated that and many of the other issues taking place, so in either case, the fault remains at their feet.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    yes we knew it would crash nobody expected it to be like this.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, ANOTHER entitled person who feels they should be given something for free because they're being inconvenienced. Only this one is expecting an absurd amount of 'free' stuff. ^_^

Seriously, go read a book, go out into the natural light outside. The game will be more functional tomorrow. Or even better yet, wait until the weekend. You'll see a much more stable game.

For the record, anyone who has played since the beginning fully expected the launch to actually be like this. Because that's how the season launches are. Seriously.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    trenttyler wrote: »
    I want to know why Neverwinter got a supposed $700.00 dollar value for their Hero of the North pak, but our LoR pak only has a value of $220.00 or so. Do they value NWTR players more than the loyal and long time supportive STO player?

Just a thought
    2 different games with 2 different agendas. You can't really put on value on NWN's stuff as it's a new game and there's no way of knowing how well any of it will sell - so they guess at what they think it's worth. 6 months from now that $700.00 might be selling for $50 in their store. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    This is such a nonsensical statement that gets repeated ad nauseam, regardless, and I really can't understand why.

What is that even supposed to mean, "this was to be expected"? What, exactly, was to be expected?

If that is all to be expected, then it necessarily follows that it was all prepared for, or at least should have been. If this was all expected, then launch could/should have been postponed another day, or another week, to make sure these issues were taken care of beforehand.

High player load was the only thing that should have been expected for this launch. Cryptic/PWE should have anticipated that and many of the other issues taking place, so in either case, the fault remains at their feet.

Most us said we expected it because we hoped to be proved wrong. I guess we set ourselves up for disappointment.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thank you a reasonable person, some of us pay good money for packs zen shop and lifetime.. Far be it from us for pwe\cryptic to handle and plan a little better then they have shown.
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trenttyler wrote: »

Just a thought

I bought the HotN pack...it's not worth even close to $700.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    All packs are the same its just an illusion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And yet all the forum posters telling you they expected this proves that you are wrong.

So you expected a free slot for your romulan not to work ? You expected them to not even upgrade the servers a little after we saw how well they handled neverwinter ??
  • Options
    trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I need to copy this and keep it for future response on these forums. Short, well stated, and to the point. I can't understand how people think it is "Fine or Exceptable" for this to happen.

At least some people dont except PPP(TRIBBLE poor Planning) as "Standard" practice. My small business would not exist if i failed to deliver and told a customer, "well its to be expected"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe some of you naysayers on this thread would care a bit more if you spent your own money on this game and not your parents, and had a life with kids and work and set amount of time to relax and play the game you love and have spent good hard earned money on..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Yes i have been playing since the first beta over 3 years ago, so you would think by now they would be better prepared for launches.. They never are, i feel im entitled to freebies because i spent money on something that was hyped for over 2 months, they knew to expect higher server load and sat on there hands and crossed their fingers hoping for the best. You would think after 8 releases of season packs \ expansions they would have gotten it together prepared and boosted their server capability a little bit. Does it apear they have done any of this to you ???

Yes, but I (and many others) know better than to expect Cryptic to get better with launches. Hell, I expect them to get worse, usually.

Seriously, you're not really entitled to anything. You'll get to play the game, with all of your goodies, once the server has stabilized. The worst thing you've lost is a little bit of time when the server is unstable. The game will go on for a long, long time, so in the long run, you're not losing much.

*Sigh* I just hate people feeling entitled to vast amounts of free stuff because they're not getting their instant gratification.
    Maybe some of you naysayers on this thread would care a bit more if you spent your own money on this game and not your parents, and had a life with kids and work and set amount of time to relax and play the game you love and have spent good hard earned money on..

Also, ouch. I did spend my own money on this, thank you very much. Lifetime Membership, Starter Pack, and countless money on Zen. And I still don't feel entitled to ****.

Now admittedly, I haven't buckled myself down with a family and kids, so I have a bit more free time than you, but you'll still have free time next week you can spend on it (Or next month, depending on your actual available time). Cryptic isn't going to give you $150 worth of product (or Zen), and you should know that.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your Legacy pack will still be there tomorrow. So quit whining.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Yes, but I (and many others) know better than to expect Cryptic to get better with launches. Hell, I expect them to get worse, usually.

Seriously, you're not really entitled to anything. You'll get to play the game, with all of your goodies, once the server has stabilized. The worst thing you've lost is a little bit of time when the server is unstable. The game will go on for a long, long time, so in the long run, you're not losing much.

*Sigh* I just hate people feeling entitled to vast amounts of free stuff because they're not getting their instant gratification.

Also, ouch. I did spend my own money on this, thank you very much. Lifetime Membership, Starter Pack, and countless money on Zen. And I still don't feel entitled to ****.

Now admittedly, I haven't buckled myself down with a family and kids, so I have a bit more free time than you, but you'll still have free time next week you can spend on it (Or next month, depending on your actual available time). Cryptic isn't going to give you $150 worth of product (or Zen), and you should know that.

Well sorry i have a life and limited time to play maybe youd feel the same way if you had one...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a wife, 2 kids, 4 computers that we all play STO on, I've purchased several Starter Packs and probably have several thousand dollars tied up in the game over the last 3 years.

I understand your nerd rage, but you being unable to play 1 day equates to about 10 cents of loss. You have 364 other days you can play this year - and all the years after that. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well sorry i have a life and limited time to play maybe youd feel the same way if you had one...

Ouch. Sorry, I do have a life, but thanks for insulting me. You're far too kind.

Seriously, stop complaining on the forums and go do something else for fun. The servers aren't going to come up because you're whining constantly (contrary to popular belief, and my hopes).

And if you are seriously that pissed off about their launch failure, then leave and don't come back. Because they aren't going to reimburse you for your purchases. It's a delay... the game will come back.

For the love of God.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As said before the TRIBBLE Poor Planing gets a little old, and most business's would not make it running things the way they do. Mistakes are ok but the same ones over and over especially the same one they had when neverwinter came out. I expect more from the money i spend on a game and they aren't providing it, which is why i wont spend money on sto anymore before the trolls dig into that point... It's one thing to have different problems arise with different updates, It's an entirely different thing to know whats coming at you and not be prepared for it at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ouch. Sorry, I do have a life, but thanks for insulting me. You're far too kind.

Seriously, stop complaining on the forums and go do something else for fun. The servers aren't going to come up because you're whining constantly (contrary to popular belief, and my hopes).

And if you are seriously that pissed off about their launch failure, then leave and don't come back. Because they aren't going to reimburse you for your purchases. It's a delay... the game will come back.

For the love of God.

Yes this must be me whining instead of stating my opinion, we are aloud to have those right ? You wana poke at me im gonna poke right back sorry you cant handle it and actually take offense.. Does you internet ???
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013

All these bugs and errors were to be expected. As well as the rage. Look at the scenario. The biggest patch this game has ever seen. Being interacted with by possibly the largest number of people ever logging in at once. You have no idea how that code will react when it touches something like the live server. It's a lot different than being on the test.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes this must be me whining instead of stating my opinion, we are aloud to have those right ? You wana poke at me im gonna poke right back sorry you cant handle it and actually take offense.. Does you internet ???

Ah, my apologies. I did not understand that the constant rephrasing of your displeasure in a demeaning manner, in regards to this game was not "whining," but simply "stating your opinion." I will make note of it for future reference.

Nonetheless, I believe I will be off to play Fallout: TTW. It will provide slightly more entertainment than the nerd rage that is currently ongoing on the forums.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, LTS and Legacy owner. I've been with STO since before launch and this is nothing new. To be expected at any major launch. Only thing I want some kind of comp for is the Rep stuff I'm going to be missing out on today for not being able to get in and do my daily. I wasn't expecting a action pack LoR night, more than likely that would wait until the weekend, but I was hoping to at least log in and start rep projects.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi, LTS and Legacy owner. I've been with STO since before launch and this is nothing new. To be expected at any major launch. Only thing I want some kind of comp for is the Rep stuff I'm going to be missing out on today for not being able to get in and do my daily. I wasn't expecting a action pack LoR night, more than likely that would wait until the weekend, but I was hoping to at least log in and start rep projects.

LoL closed beta 1 for me over 3 years ago i know how these go just seems they should be better by this by now, I just wanted my time to login and do traits and check out all the new stuff but oh well that time for me has passed. Have fun everyone. Enjoy Latency Of Release!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I think these two videos applies to the current situation lol.

First World problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2WzQzxuoA

The amazing Louis CK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk

and lol love the louis ck standup hes one of my favorites
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

I predicted this I did expet this to happen I am used to it
    I got starter pack but was unable to claim it or open a lock box on romulan
  • Options
    vrazulevrazule Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, my apologies. I did not understand that the constant rephrasing of your displeasure in a demeaning manner, in regards to this game was not "whining," but simply "stating your opinion." I will make note of it for future reference.

Nonetheless, I believe I will be off to play Fallout: TTW. It will provide slightly more entertainment than the nerd rage that is currently ongoing on the forums.

These are professionals who are not new to the business. They know and knew what to expect and should have planned accordingly or waited longer and tested more. I really and truly do not understand this prevailing attitude from some to apologize for shabby workmanship from a company that has been through the same problems multiple times. Cryptic needs to learn their lessons and get their act together, this is not only embarrassing, it's also bad business.
  • Options
    marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As said before the TRIBBLE Poor Planing gets a little old, and most business's would not make it running things the way they do. Mistakes are ok but the same ones over and over especially the same one they had when neverwinter came out. I expect more from the money i spend on a game and they aren't providing it, which is why i wont spend money on sto anymore before the trolls dig into that point... It's one thing to have different problems arise with different updates, It's an entirely different thing to know whats coming at you and not be prepared for it at all.

Yeah! I mean, it's not like other MMOs have launch problems with the launch of the game and it's expansions, and certainly solve this problem by throwing money at it! Oh, wait...

Seriously, people, just because things are *expected* doesn't mean that they can do much about them, especially when so much of it is from traffic that only occurs around releases like this. Ever played WoW the first few days after an expansion hits? It's bloody MURDER compared to this, and Blizzard *has* the money to throw it at every problem, and even then, only the most dire things will get patched in a timeframe shorter than a month.

Edit: And even they aren't about to spend money on servers that will just sit around collecting dust until the next big patch or expansion.