test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poor customer service/broken game

carmen1983090887carmen1983090887 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Really Took 6 trys to log in, then Server not responding between maps and to top off I was DC'ed more then once. Please for future reference make sure your update actually work before sending them live. goodbye I'm off to play a MMO that actually works
Post edited by carmen1983090887 on

Comments

• Options
    glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't matter what MMO it is, for some reason there is always unforseen issues. But IMO companies need to shut the server or servers down and try and fix the problem.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really Took 6 trys to log in, then Server not responding between maps and to top off I was DC'ed more then once. Please for future reference make sure your update actually work before sending them live. goodbye I'm off to play a MMO that actually works

If you find one that can launch an expansion without any issues, let me know.
  • Options
    lisslelissle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

All I hear is someone crying a river, why not build a bridge and get over it.... Many MMOs have issues during launches etc, lets see how about all the issues with that large game"WoW" how many times a new expansion launched or major patch and the game was down for 2-3 days for 12+ hours ore more....hmmmm hmmm

Or the new sim city, and few others.....

just quit with your temper tantrum.....
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in my business customers pay and we deliver. they are not interested in our problems.

some accept poor customer service unfortunately.

PWE will never see this but this will be my last post forever on this forum and no more money spent on STO.

a company goes out of business by losing one customer at a time.

i told Lowe's this last year and afterwards over 500 locations were closed. proved my point.

good bye.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rdm1958 wrote: »
    in my business customers pay and we deliver. they are not interested in our problems.

PWE will never see this but this will be my last post forever on this forum and no more money spent on STO.

i told Lowe's this last year and afterwards over 500 locations were closed. proved my point.

good bye.
    If you find a game that deliver an expansion without lag/bug the hours following the release, plz let me know. I'll start believing in miracle afterward.
    I don't know what is your business, but sometimes customers don't know what they are asking. And by sometimes, I mean, most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you find one that can launch an expansion without any issues, let me know.

To my memory, Blizzard seems to do a decent job on expansion launches. Or at the very least, their win/loss ratio is a hell of a lot better than Cryptic's
  • Options
    shocknuttzshocknuttz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

good bye.

god you sound like a baby whos favorite toy just ran out of batteries. im glad your gone. buh bye
  • Options
    steveofborgsteveofborg Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What an epic fail few weeks for Cryptic. Neverwinter major exploit one and two, total meltdown of all cryptic games, and now a totally botched update with STO. If it were just one incident I too would chalk this up to standard MMO problems, this however is a large number of incidents in a very short time. :eek:

I think as a player and an investor in this companies games I need to know what steps are being taken to correct what is clearly a major QA problem within your organization prior to investing any more of my money on your products.
  • Options
    zilla75zilla75 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 steve of borg.....dont know who or why people are trying to defend this joke of a company. I will need an explination of further steps to ensure the stability of the game before spending any more money, THEY CANT EVEN GET IT TO WORK ! but there are still ads for expansion packs everywhere and a "nifty" animation at the top of this page??? money grab....last chance craptic.
  • Options
    randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What its launch day, give the devs. a chance for pete's sake! If you find an MMO that works or expansion then let me know so I can sell you a bridge with ocean front property in Arizona! :rolleyes:

Remember the old saying, Its one thing to let people wounder if you are a fool, but you don't need to open your mouth and prove it.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • Options
    saborethsaboreth Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, please. This is pretty ambitious and they've never done anything of this scale before. If you didn't see problems coming on patch day, maybe you haven't played enough MMOs. They've still got cred with me and I'll be giving them some time to fix this up. I'm sure they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off over there, not having tea and laughing. They're not an evil empire. We'll see where things stand in, say, a week. If you don't want to wait a week, eh. There are other things to do than drench the forums and a few more gallons of cliche bitterness.
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really people a new deal and i cant freaking get in !!!

FOR GODS SAKES THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!!!1
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Promises promises. If you really want to know what poor customer service is try getting something fixed in SWTOR.
    They'll get it fixed ! For 25$ (only) on the cash shop !
    Just look at the Xmas event, the ships mods, or the long requested jedi/sith armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    saboreth wrote: »
    Oh, please. This is pretty ambitious and they've never done anything of this scale before. If you didn't see problems coming on patch day, maybe you haven't played enough MMOs. They've still got cred with me and I'll be giving them some time to fix this up. I'm sure they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off over there, not having tea and laughing. They're not an evil empire. We'll see where things stand in, say, a week. If you don't want to wait a week, eh. There are other things to do than drench the forums and a few more gallons of cliche bitterness.

I would be happy to see things that way, had it not been such a large number of face-palming TRIBBLE ups in all Cryptic games over the last three to four weeks. It isn't just the normal expansion bugs, it is a systematic failure of QA that is why I at least am mad.

TRIBBLE ups are normal, marathon TRIBBLE ups are a failure of management and of quality assurance.
  • Options
    thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be happy to see things that way, had it not been such a large number of face-palming TRIBBLE ups in all Cryptic games over the last three to four weeks. It isn't just the normal expansion bugs, it is a systematic failure of QA that is why I at least am mad.

TRIBBLE ups are normal, marathon TRIBBLE ups are a failure of management and of quality assurance.

you want them to work on the probelms, or hold your hand telling you they are going to work on as soon as the calm you down
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you want them to work on the probelms, or hold your hand telling you they are going to work on as soon as the calm you down

I want them to find the systemic failure (not just the software bugs causing these problems) and fix it, then share with us the customer how they are going to change their software development cycle to prevent such a company wide failure in the future.

This is not just a Star Trek Online bug, this is something sick inside the way that Cryptic produces computer code and then ensures that the code they have written is a quality product.

If this was just the normal launch pains then no big deal, but in light of the large number of issues crossing all Cryptic products for weeks there is a real problem within Cryptic that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is damn pathetic i wanted to play but this is really ticking me off
  • Options
    zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Be glad you got in on try 6, I am at 18 or so, and no dice. But if you can program and manage a MMO server database during an 8 gig upgrade please feel free to create a game and share a link to us. This is standard issue drama with any MMO in the history of MMOs on major patch/expansion day. Its why I normally avoid patch days when I get to pick my days off as gaming days. Patch day is a great chore day though if you can't avoid getting it off, but don't make any serious plans to play till that evening, and even then expect delays till at least the next day after you get off work, or home from school.

Personally I miss the servers being down for things like this, with a horrible generic time frame, and constant updates telling us one more hour, over and over suppose to letting me eat dirt in the dark, with the only thing I can do is type my password again for the 100th time. Good day to be checking key loggers for hackers...
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, They were rushed into getting STO in the first place, and only at that time they could not make a brand new engine that it deserved.

they had to adapt the CO engine, had they not done that then chances of a Star Trek MMO would have dropped about 79%, meaning they gave us something that has been pulling a slow scotty.

then they finaly expanded their team, made this expansion and still they do damn good work.

I'm seeing a lot of clone accounts or just simply people who are brand spanking new to the forums and therefor do not know much about how STO came to be.

They have been struggling and chugging along in a beat up old junker just to get here.

People claim WoW has it down and they should be an example (wow is nothing more than a huge collection of servers world wide which *had* ample sums of money to make sure a launch went somewhat smooth, even though they had FAR more problems than Cryptic ever had, they have had so may crashes, discons, viruses, hell at one point they even had a malfunctioning script in their subscription programing and several people's cards were maxed out, WoW is nothing to compare to, they are just more widespread and have more servers)

so to those who are disapointed in the launch I have this to say SUCK IT UP AND GO WATCH STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! it's what I did seeing as how I knew this was going to happen.
  • Options
    zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want them to find the systemic failure (not just the software bugs causing these problems) and fix it, then share with us the customer how they are going to change their software development cycle to prevent such a company wide failure in the future.

This is not just a Star Trek Online bug, this is something sick inside the way that Cryptic produces computer code and then ensures that the code they have written is a quality product.

If this was just the normal launch pains then no big deal, but in light of the large number of issues crossing all Cryptic products for weeks there is a real problem within Cryptic that needs to be addressed.

No company public admits faults with specifics unless court ordered, and them going into detail about what went wrong with the code simply compromises security. All they can do is say there is a problem if were lucky a known or unkown maybe included in that, and say they are fixing it.

Since it is an issue you seem to think is related to others, that is even more reason to keep a lid on it, a flaw that massive is just asking for there next detailed apology message to let us know to change are passwords. Talking about it to us isn't gonna speed a freaking thing, it will just slow it down as they do a fix it blog with twitter style updates to keep people who have to know constantly updated.

Meanwhile a blank statement means they can get back to work and deal with the guys running in circles going the sky is falling in their office, you know the people who can actually do something other then read these forums. All I want is it to say server down, check again for an update in x amount of hours even if it says come back in another hour 3 times in a row.

EDIT: I was a WoW customer for years, I can't count how many times a patch, a patch not an expansion killed the game for up to two days, making it unplayable or unstable. So yeah Blizzards team isn't the all star elite some people think lol. They messed up so bad they had to remove brand new features more then once for long stents hoping people just forgot, like fishing tournaments after the last expansion, they busted them bad, but just tore them out of the game kicked it to the curb, and pretended that it wasn't there to begin with.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awww mann. SWTOR has NO customer service. Their ppl kould give two flying fooks about its gamers. I feel that STO tries WAAYY more to konnect with its users. And I don't kno, for some reason, STO seems to be way more advance then any other MMO I've played sides NeoCron which was Epic. Other then that, I'm not shocked some issues arosed.

Also; anyone try SWTOR? You have to pay to get normal features u get in STO, like simply changing ur outfit kolor or having bank storage period. Even certain missions you kan't do less you pay in a Free2Play game. Their system is pretty sad. Other then that STO login issue might be so many ppl trying to log in/play at once
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zalzany wrote: »
    No company public admits faults with specifics unless court ordered, and them going into detail about what went wrong with the code simply compromises security. All they can do is say there is a problem if were lucky a known or unkown maybe included in that, and say they are fixing it.

Since it is an issue you seem to think is related to others, that is even more reason to keep a lid on it, a flaw that massive is just asking for there next detailed apology message to let us know to change are passwords. Talking about it to us isn't gonna speed a freaking thing, it will just slow it down as they do a fix it blog with twitter style updates to keep people who have to know constantly updated.

Meanwhile a blank statement means they can get back to work and deal with the guys running in circles going the sky is falling in their office, you know the people who can actually do something other then read these forums. All I want is it to say server down, check again for an update in x amount of hours even if it says come back in another hour 3 times in a row.

As a long time computer engineer working in the computer industry, when a company fails to deliver consistently it is important to acknowledge management oversight failure, or those failures will become the death of the company. Companies regularly apologize when they fail to meet their customers expectations, and regularly explain how they will improve their processes to better deliver on those expectations. See Microsoft in 2006, see Apple in 2000, there are many more examples but to say it takes a court to make a company apologize and take corrective action is simple untrue the best companies do that.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013

good bye.

Well good bye then, we will not miss you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vnexus wrote: »
    Awww mann. SWTOR has NO customer service. Their ppl kould give two flying fooks about its gamers. I feel that STO tries WAAYY more to konnect with its users. And I don't kno, for some reason, STO seems to be way more advance then any other MMO I've played sides NeoCron which was Epic. Other then that, I'm not shocked some issues arosed.

Also; anyone try SWTOR? You have to pay to get normal features u get in STO, like simply changing ur outfit kolor or having bank storage period. Even certain
    Issions you many do less you pay in a Free2Play game. Their system is pretty sad. Other then that STO login issue might be so many ppl trying to log in/play at once

Bioware has failed on all those fronts, that is why their game is collapsing, I would hate to see anything like that happen to Cryptic. I know they are capable of better, but something has gone wrong with QA.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Their game is not collapsing, even on a bad day, SWTOR has more players than STO. On SWTOR's Rise of the Hutt Cartel launch day, that went very smoothly and I was able to log on with no issues.
  • Options
    flatfoots78flatfoots78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if any of you thought that cryptic wouldn't TRIBBLE this up, (like everything else they have in the past 3.5 years). You are lying to yourself. My disappointment with them just keeps growing.
  • Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited May 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Their game is not collapsing, even on a bad day, SWTOR has more players than STO. On SWTOR's Rise of the Hutt Cartel launch day, that went very smoothly and I was able to log on with no issues.

Quiet, you! We dont have time for facts, common sense and anti-fanboisms on this page! You are either with Cryptic and bending over with a smile on your face or you are AGAINST them!!! The....Choice...Is....Yours......>.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has had problems with two of its games this week apparently. Neverwinter was taken down for most of Sunday due to a major exploit that got out of control and they had to rollback the server 7 hours. Wonder if something major will happen or has happened to Champions Online and make it a trifecta.

Most MMOs have a problem with major launches and this is probably the most people STO has seen at the same time in years. If people didn't encounter problems, then LoR wasn't done right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »

Yes and what was the budget for swtor vs sto? What % of their customers (myself included) got pissed off with their horrid game management after 1.2? How much have they dropped server capacity in response to cratering subscribers? What do you call millions of copies sold but less than 20% 1yr retention of subscribers? If you have only one in five people say you are doing it right, that's not a collapsing game in what universe? SWTOR has a small fraction of their launch population, STO has a game population greater than at launch, who is doing the right thing?

Bioware stopped getting money from me and most of the rest of their players about one year ago and could not replace us and maintain population. In the real world that is a failure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Cryptic has had problems with two of its games this week apparently. Neverwinter was taken down for most of Sunday due to a major exploit that got out of control and they had to rollback the server 7 hours. Wonder if something major will happen or has happened to Champions Online and make it a trifecta.

Most MMOs have a problem with major launches and this is probably the most people STO has seen at the same time in years. If people didn't encounter problems, then LoR wasn't done right.

They had all three games down less than two weeks ago from a log in server problem. So no CO has not been immune to the problems in Cryptic.