test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reman unlock broken

wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have read that people with subs and people that have unlocked Tier 5 Romulan Rep get the Reman species unlocked yet when I go to the character creation, it is forcing me to pay to unlock the species.
Post edited by wolfgar2 on

Comments

• sanctusmortisanctusmorti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you run the t5 project from romulan rep to unlock it on another character?

If its like all other t5 rewards, you can get it at t5 but you need to do an action to claim it.
  • wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no projects to unlock them.
  • aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see any such project...
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No action required. I just logged onto my Fed-primary with T5 New Romulus and got a pop-up saying 'Congradulations on completing the New Romulus Rep' and that I unlocked the Remans.

They work, though I had to log on to that character twice.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool, that got it to work, thnxs
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    If you have earned the Reman species via the New Romulus Reputation system, please log into one of you Federation or Klingon characters that has unlocked Tier 5 first -- this will then unlock the Reman species in the Romulan Republic character creator.

Also, if you don't see the unlock upon login/logout, try starting a reputation project on your T5 character and then canceling it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • stevegallstevegall Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah i just turned in 50 rom marks for dil and it popped up at the side that it unlocked
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    stevegall wrote: »
    yeah i just turned in 50 rom marks for dil and it popped up at the side that it unlocked

that did it for me as well, however we shouldn't have to do this.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got reman unlocked, but cant create one because there is no open slot. Is there something that I need to do to get the extra character slot?
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont have all day to wait on this. SO i am leveling a level 9 toon to 11 so i can take all the doffs I put on him a long time ago so I can delete him. Seems so weird to level a toon to strip him down before I kill him off
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • stevegallstevegall Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    that did it for me as well, however we shouldn't have to do this.

well you have to "register" it within the system(new system that doesnt know if your t5 btw) that you are infact t5 rom

think of it like this, you join a match for an stf and you odnt know someone is covering the right gate in khitomer unless someone tells you that they are covering it
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this tier 5 access give the Reman ship materials too? It does.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • maspien83maspien83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the legacy package and can't make one. Any ideas?
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Does this tier 5 access give the Reman ship materials too? It does.
    I'm pretty sure getting Reman gets the material, however you get them.
  • maspien83maspien83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any one know why the legacy packs can not make remains?
    edited May 2013
    I think you have to claim a pack in the C-Store to get Legacy Pack stuff.

Legacy Pack Instructions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676571
  • robos8robos8 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, if you unlock the reman pg, it also unlock 2 reman type visual for your ship :)
  • fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got reman unlocked, but cant create one because there is no open slot. Is there something that I need to do to get the extra character slot?

Sit and wait. If you're Gold, then the extra character slot is broken and you'll need to sit tight for them to release a patch.
  • gremlingremlin Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    If you have earned the Reman species via the New Romulus Reputation system, please log into one of you Federation or Klingon characters that has unlocked Tier 5 first -- this will then unlock the Reman species in the Romulan Republic character creator.

Also, if you don't see the unlock upon login/logout, try starting a reputation project on your T5 character and then canceling it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just tried, starting and canceling a project... that did not work. Now to brave the ques again and see if completing a project for dill works....
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How to cancel a project? Or do you mean just select it without actually starting it and then cancelling the popup? Unless I am missing something you can't cancel projects after starting them. T5 rom rep on 3 characters and Remans don't unlock...
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    How to cancel a project? Or do you mean just select it without actually starting it and then cancelling the popup? Unless I am missing something you can't cancel projects after starting them. T5 rom rep on 3 characters and Remans don't unlock...

It is possible to start a project in first or second project slot and cancel it afterwards; this refreshes information on your current reputation tier and unlocks the Reman species. It worked for me. However, do not start a project in third slot (the one with tier upgrades and marks->dil conversion), because those are uncancellable.

Also, you may be able to star "register cryo-compressed launcher" (or any project for Nukara ground set) despite not having said part, thus locking your upgrade slot and preventing you from claiming even tier 1.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"