test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher shuts down randomly

beyondzerogbeyondzerog Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ive been having issues the last 4 days with trying to patch up to LoR. I do everything normal, let it pull up and leave it sitting to download (mind you my net is kind of slow). Either 2 things will happen, I will get a bug telling me something happened and it can debug or shut down, debug does nothing but make it un-responsive and it shuts down.

Normally I wouldn't care, however it doesn't start back over. I had a rep tell me it would verify what I've already down loaded, but it doesn't. I know how the verify looks, works and acts and it isn't verifying anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by beyondzerog on

Comments

• bjornlockebjornlocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've also been experiencing this! I am assuming that I'll have to patch yet again (and hopefully it will complete the patch this time) when I load the launcher to get into LoR.

I have a decent connection and the patchng has still been amazingly slow when I would check the progress.
  • smokercraft1smokercraft1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have been having some issues like this, where its trying to patch from a file that is too large in the first place. i think alot of time the server is just down but usually i just close it and then try again later.. it usually trys to do a patch but on a way smaller scale then it loads up half way thru and all is good..
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, there is a bigger thread about the launcher crashing randomly. There are a lot of players having this problem, yet the launcher hasn't received an update for almost five days. Since then, the problem exists.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • irgiirgi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I have had the extremely slow download speed also I have not experienced any crashes however it was fast until the last 200 mbs to complete now its basically almost a stand still.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least recently (last few hours) the launcher didn't crash, it's just patching slowly, butt that's okay. I hope I can leave it running over night and tomorrmeow until in the evening after work and then maybe it might actually have patched to 100% ... nobuddy meows.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is also patching dreadfully slow for me right now. They should rename 'patching' to 'snailpatching' in the launcher.

If you release something as big as LoR you guys should just know that you need extra bandwith in the first few days. C'mon Cryptic wake up!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching restarting all over by itself :) lol
  • sharpeyhihsharpeyhih Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel like I'm back on 28.8k...