test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into Darkness Easter Eggs (Spoilers, obviously)

2»

Comments

• Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost as if JJ asked 'hey what are some classic moments in trek lets put them in here' and did a bullet point list and checked stuff off....

I was watching an interview that J.J. had with Jon Stewart. He says he pulled the Star Trek marathon (watching every single episode). I see no reason why he would lie about that. Au contraire, J.J. is not as clueless as your average Joe.

Also, I heard the "Arena" melody in the soundtrack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, before I posted this, I did a search for "Into Darkness Easter Eggs", "New Movie Easter Eggs", and "Easter Eggs."

None of them brought up a thread devoted to listing them. So I did actually use the search feature.

Secondly, so far literally every poster who has replied respected the request wonderfully.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here. Just trying to have a fun discussion and I even searched for a duplicate thread before I posted this.

I know how you feel but it's a free forum so even though we might want to keep a positive thread there will always be someone who wants to vent. Best to ignore the ejected plasma and keep your posts positive.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2013
    Shouldn't Daystrom himself still be alive at this point in time?

Yes, he should, and the Institute would have been built in his name due to his early career success with the duotronic technology. Multi-tronic technology and M5 come during the 5-year voyage.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, that is true, but Daystrom did invent the computer technology that ran the Enterprise and her sister ships.