test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you have any favourite Doffs?

domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I love the Doff system and have only begun to scratch it's surface but I already have several Doffs who have become my "goto" choices for certain missions. Such as Hannalore my Technician or Winnie my Research Lab Assistant who I always pick for missions I really want to succeed. Or Buro and Nezgra, a pair of Botanists, who always seem to get the job done.

Any favourites from your roster?
Post edited by domvina on

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try not to get attached since you never know when you might lose a Doff, though I try to avoid sending unique doffs on missions where that might happen.

Favorites, eh... Well, I'm giving a bit of focus to a KDF toon at the moment, so...

Dothan, the purple Vorta Biochemist from the Dominion Cadre is always welcome on any of my crews - great for 'Assemble Hypos' and 'Assemble Regens'.

There's a blue Gorn weapons officer named Hit, I like to joke about 'try to live up to your name' when I send him on "Disable Freighter" missions.

Chouzyo, the green Rigilian Tractor Beam Officer you get from Marauding commendation is great to pair with Hit, since he comes with Unscrupulous.

To be honest, I don't really know most of my DOffs by name...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dathan is also great for filing commendation reports in your SB.

The absolute BESt doffs for Filing Commendation reports are randomly acquired Bajorans. My absolute best is a Trader named Sodu Okygen. She's a purple with a QUADRUPLE crit on filing reports.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm... I dont have those yet... I should get them!
  • Options
    exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try not to get attached since you never know when you might lose a Doff, though I try to avoid sending unique doffs on missions where that might happen.

I thought you were unable to lose any green or higher officers on accident? Coulda sworn I read that on the wiki somewhere. (Apparently you used to be able to get any doffs killed, but they changed that a while ago; now they just go to sick bay for longer periods of time)

(Note that this doesn't count for cultural exchange assignments there it tells you that you WILL lose the officer)
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rather like Elizabeth Mohr (from Project Crysalis) and Law (Nimbus reward on Tribble). There's only a very few doffs they gave any kind of story to, and I've always particularly liked those ones, even though they're not especially useful.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    exsteele wrote: »
    I thought you were unable to lose any green or higher officers on accident? Coulda sworn I read that on the wiki somewhere. (Apparently you used to be able to get any doffs killed, but they changed that a while ago; now they just go to sick bay for longer periods of time)

(Note that this doesn't count for cultural exchange assignments there it tells you that you WILL lose the officer)

You might not be able to, I don't know. Doesn't mean I want to risk it if I can avoid it. It might make me a borderline role-player in a way, but as Captain of the ship, I'm supposed to be trying to keep my crew alive, right?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    necrolutschernecrolutscher Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *Thoughtfully*

How recent is that image? Because if that price is a relatively current one, I might actually consider letting my ship's F'uuuuuu go on the Exchange...
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Andorian Shroz TRIBBLE became legendary among my fleet. So much so that after I donated him to a fleet project I tried to rehire him as a BOff. Sadly I had to settle for his cousin Shraz Parn.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Marion Francis Dulmar is my best friend. He should be yours too. :cool:

Besides him, I have a few DOffs that I like so much I've actually developed backstories for some of them and work them into my fanfics.

My favorite is a Fed Gorn conn officer named Stikvaa, who I picked up after critting an "Instigate Defection" mission.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No favorite DOffs TRIBBLE, but I do have a pair with names that make me smirk everytime: TRIBBLE and Tat.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Favourites? hmm well the quotes that some say are good for a small laugh "Im a entertainer if you want THAT kind of entertainment find it yourself!" or "Im not here to listion to your complaints go whine to someone else":D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the Technician Ten of Ten cause of her wonderful quote here:

"My time in the Collective honed me. I am more focused on... hey, that light is blinking!"
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a doff who's last name is Bogan, quite unfortunate to be on a ship with an Australian captain :D
    http://i.imgur.com/LlWQp98.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    judah0523judah0523 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have gotten a crit on the delta volanis support assignment several times so i have multiples of the purple dr doff Maella. I have like the best med staff in the fleet and i can't really explain why but i find it amusing when doing a med assignment that requires a dr to assign like 3 Dr. Maellas to the same assignment i honestly think shes my favorite simply because i have so many of them :P it seems like she does like 10 assignments a day for me lol.