My account has been TRIBBLE!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,994 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just changed my password, not risking an attack
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      cheeseofborgcheeseofborg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Cryptic support is great on this! They fixed my account last week!
    • Options
      quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Too bad a phone call isn't required to change account info from a home phone. That would certainly put a dent in tuis nonsense.
    • Options
      mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      The same is happening on the Neverwinter forums, a lot of accounts are getting TRIBBLE. I'm still wondering if there is a vulnerability in the system (backdoor) or if it's the clients fault (phishing for example). I use Lastpass, so I doubt I'm vulnerable to a phishing scam (If it refuses to autofill, I know it's not the right website).
    • Options
      illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
      edited May 2013
      nothing is safe from tampering, it happens even to the most secure websites, dont kid yourself thinking your secure because your not and neither am i or anyone else.

ever heard of cross-site scripting. so yes i know what im going on about and that resource is a security risk. the only way information says safe is in my head.

If you're logged in, you're using a cookie, however temporarily.
    • Options
      hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      mn03 wrote: »
      The same is happening on the Neverwinter forums, a lot of accounts are getting TRIBBLE. I'm still wondering if there is a vulnerability in the system (backdoor) or if it's the clients fault (phishing for example). I use Lastpass, so I doubt I'm vulnerable to a phishing scam (If it refuses to autofill, I know it's not the right website).

Well it was already said that it shows your information in Plain Text from your GET... That is an obvious problem.
    • Options
      agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Use account guard in your account settings it uses codes to your registered email to record which computers and browsers access your account.

I have been using it since my account got TRIBBLE in the big raid last year, haven't had a problem since.

-
    • Options
      p41nm4k3rp41nm4k3r Member Posts: 3
      edited May 2013
      Use account guard in your account settings it uses codes to your registered email to record which computers and browsers access your account.

I have been using it since my account got TRIBBLE in the big raid last year, haven't had a problem since.

-

Mine was on and it still happened, they changed my account's email address without access to mine.

I'm starting to think it might be on PW's end.
    • Options
      nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Finally got my account back and all my stuff. however the stuff the guy sold on the exchange somehow that money is lsot to me, due to the revert back. At least I got 99% of my stuff back.
    • Options
      scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Glad to hear you got your account back. 90% is indeed better than 0%.