Install Arc
Options

It's time you fixed Fleet Starbase DOFFs

2»

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

Would that address this concern in an equitable manner?

Yep, that would do it.

Same deal for Security Officers? My casual experience is that when opening the fleet military duty officer it drops one security officer for somewhere around every 6-10 tactical officers.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    originpi wrote: »
    People in small fleets shouldn't have ever expected to keep up with large fleets, welcome to reality.

Many of us, probably most of us, never asked to 'keep up'.

What some people fail to realize is that fleet progression can literally stall out and there's not a whole lot you can do about it when it happens. You just hope that you get what you need for those stuck projects eventually.

Better that than to sell out, though.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

I support making that change.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

YES!!!!

would help so much :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Many of us, probably most of us, never asked to 'keep up'.

What some people fail to realize is that fleet progression can literally stall out and there's not a whole lot you can do about it when it happens. You just hope that you get what you need for those stuck projects eventually.

Better that than to sell out, though.

yes...like those damnable 200k dilth projects -_- thank god for my array of alts that have enough dilth to get a 200k dilth project done over a week...i swear the fleet im in had that staffing project from (2 months?) ago STILL not done and taking up that valuable fleet credit section... not to mention how bad the low level planning was....i would expect 200k dilth for something like 40 personnel provisions....at TIER 4-5...but NOT TIER 1-3....its pathetic really, and with no way to stop a project once its started (at least not in the near future, unless the devs are generous enough to add it in with LoR) it sucks.

P.S. sorry for double post. (it rarely, if ever happens)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013

This would be best, then. What do you mean by "certain Projects", though?
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bort Great Suggestion and it will come as a great compromise to those of us who spend countless FC on doffs.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, the starbase project doff requirements should match the drop ratio for fleet duty officers. That goes for all divisions & departments. Ops/Eng, Sec/Tac, Med/Sci.
  • Options
    redlead3rredlead3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would make my life much easier.

Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A like the projects that accept from both/all departments from their respective class types.
    Allows me to offload doffs that I want from any/all categories without worrying about the imbalance of one discipline to another.

Can this also be applied to tac and engy class project types too? (ie do for all projects). Too often I have to buy more than necessary to get security doffs or operations doffs to fill projects. Medical is the worst offender but these ones also suffer imbalances too when buying 100's at a time tac and engy class types are a little imbalanced too.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That would be awesome!
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A sounding premise...engage it.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm not gonna pretend I know how the drop tables work, but... Would it be possible to make the drops use a branching logic?

For a science branch example, you might be able to have it do a roll for medical/science, then choose a doff from in there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I love this idea. It would be a tremendous help and allow for some progress in our fleet projects. :D

I'd also like to suggest that this be expanded beyond "Science and Medical" and to alter the Engineering Doff requirements to accept "Engineering and Operations" Doffs, and Security Doff requirements to accept "Security and Tactical" Doffs. This would be huge in eliminating wasted doffs.

Thank you Borticus for your consideration.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Would love to see this, kind of how it works on the embassy side of things already isn't it? Anyway, I would like to see all DOFF project inputs be a combined one; tac or sec, eng or ops, sci or med. And I would also like to see the ones that don't belong at all removed, like operations doffs from the tactical project to add provisions. I think this is the only project that has that screwed up requirement.
  • Options
    tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please fix, much needed change
  • Options
    epsiloniaepsilonia Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013

My belated response, but this would be great.
    Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
    Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
    It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
  • Options
    interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont like the idea of making it just science or medical. I think the Starbases projects are already a bit bland. It is annoying at times to have to track down certain things, but that is part of the game. For the bartender mission of old, our fleet had discussions about how to get Romulan ale and dosi rotgut etc. I think the amount required for that mission was a bit too high, but it was also fun to actually have to get something specific for the mission. You had to explore a bit to find the best ways to get it.

I think a better way to fix this issue is to reduce the doff grinder dilithium costs. It used to be 10 dilithium for common doff upgrinding, now it is 50. Why not move it to 25 or 20? The excess of any type of doffs will fix itself then.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes that would solve the issue. Please do it. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Borticus, any update on whether this is going to happen?
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    Borticus, any update on whether this is going to happen?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9976501&postcount=6

late June is the earliest to expect anything to happen at all. Join our outrage on that thread about why its taking so long for a simple fix (one they have already dont before ie chef and bartender)
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)