test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi story clarification- "Schisms"

azurerail1azurerail1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Hi,

I have progressed all of the way to Vengeance and these Elachi aliens seem to reference a star trek TNG episode called "Schisms", correct me if im wrong, But there are things missing about these beings and i feel that it conflicts with another TNG episode "Allegiance" where aliens replace captain picard on the enterprise as an Experiment with a nausican,Bolian Ect?, but i hope you know which Ep's im talking about here?

In "Schisms", the aliens Abduct Crew members and take them to their natural universe in subspace, because they cant exist in ours and live. In that episode the Aliens remove arms and leg's, Turn blood into a liquid polymer Ect and to do this they must create a pocket of our universe in theirs so they can experiment as vice versa would kill them.

In Allegiance, picard is kidnaped by a race that thinks its superior and play's all kinds of experiments. In the end, Picard traps these aliens to give them a taste of captivity.

The Elachi hint at both Episodes from the TNG and i think if these Elachi are one of these Aliens it would be better to clarify the Story so we dont have the error made in "Undine Advance" Where the Geckli is referred in STO as Tinman and Galaxy's Child?

Also if the Elachi are the Beings from "Schisms" please make them make Clicking sounds?:cool: Also the Ambient light in Elachi missions is too Bright and they dont have hoods over their heads?

Anyway, Thought id help by bring this up for consideration and comment
Azurerail1
Post edited by azurerail1 on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are some parallels with Schisms. Allegiance doesn't fit much, or at all really, almost certainly separate aliens.

The definite reference is the Enterprise episode Silent Enemy, however. Similar ship design, obviously the same aliens with similar technology and dress, same method of communication (playing your hail back to you with the words reordered), etc. Any inconsistencies with other aliens are easy enough to pass off, because the Elachi are definitely the Silent Enemy aliens, parallels to other aliens may be coincidental.
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep definitely ENT Silent Enemy
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next Time on STAR TREK The Next Generation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BDCI872QI
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep. its silent enemy. and i like that nod towards ENTs better episodes, cause i think it had some great storylines here and here.
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true, true it's a shame they did waste series with all this xindi nonsense
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're both Silent enemy and Schisms Aliens rolled up into one.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true, true it's a shame they did waste series with all this xindi nonsense

the xindi plot was okay, overall, i think - just the whole timetravel thing was waaaaaaay too long and waaaay too much.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Yea... Xindi arc was meh. I was looking forward to the Earth-Romulan War, but show was canceled. :(

Really enjoyed seeing how the tech we all know and love was developed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derbock203 wrote: »
    yep. its silent enemy. and i like that nod towards ENTs better episodes, cause i think it had some great storylines here and here.
    Check out the Accolade titles that you get for shooting them repeatedly. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    There are some parallels with Schisms. Allegiance doesn't fit much, or at all really, almost certainly separate aliens.

The definite reference is the Enterprise episode Silent Enemy, however. Similar ship design, obviously the same aliens with similar technology and dress, same method of communication (playing your hail back to you with the words reordered), etc. Any inconsistencies with other aliens are easy enough to pass off, because the Elachi are definitely the Silent Enemy aliens, parallels to other aliens may be coincidental.

Yes, the two were seperate aliens. But in STO the team definitely linked the two.

In the Installation mission, they definitely make the connection when the prisoners were mentioning the same things that happened in Schisms, like one had an exact experience as Riker in having his arm removed and reattached.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know, the ones in Allegiance are the ones I'm saying are almost certainly separate. The OP linked them into the Elachi as well, but almost nothing of their actions beyond abduction (which they share with a few other factions as well) fits.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also the portal graphic used in the cutscene in the Cardassian ship was very similar. :DSchisms

But the Elachi don't look much like the Solanagen lifeforms.

Some of the Elachi, especially the Beta Elachi, bear a close resemblance to the aliens that attacked Archer. So do their ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Crazy, i watched the "silent enemy" ep and i understand the link with the Elachi there too, just as you guys suggest. Perhaps Cryptic are building the Elachi story from several different aliens, because really it points to several trek Episodes discussed here.

Enterprise had so much more story left and when rick berman stopped writing was a truly sad day for us Trekkies. Star trek lives on here and if Cryptic are looking into Episode arks, they could continue these storylines in Star trek online and let us play the story's out, It feels like Cryptic are giving this a go and im all for it.

Theres one thing i find funny about elachi Missions?...... Finding a banana split dropped from an Elachi:P . I think Cryptic need to give unique drops in different universes as finding things like Prune juce is quite Earthly LOL
  • Options
    jolaujolau Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the portal graphic used in the cutscene in the Cardassian ship was very similar. :DSchisms

But the Elachi don't look much like the Solanagen lifeforms.

Some of the Elachi, especially the Beta Elachi, bear a close resemblance to the aliens that attacked Archer. So do their ships.

My guess the Elachi will be explained as either some sort of grouping of multiple species, or they have some sort of caste system where the aliens from "Schisms" are the "worker" caste and the "Silent Enemy" ones were the "warriors".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jolau2 wrote: »
    My guess the Elachi will be explained as either some sort of grouping of multiple species, or they have some sort of caste system where the aliens from "Schisms" are the "worker" caste and the "Silent Enemy" ones were the "warriors".

I hope this is true:D. There's definatly some mystery's in the Vacuum (Air) to be anticipated. Perhaps this subspace realm is where all of these aliens come from, including iconians?. The Elachi are sending messages to someone about the Cloning of romulans that seem to be ordering the Elachi to do this work.

It is quite possible that "Elachi" are a group of alien beings like the "Xindi" and Iconians are their Supirors. As said in this, were all agreeing that Elachi may very well be a group force and if so, STO goes past transwarp to blow our minds to M33:eek:
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the two were seperate aliens. But in STO the team definitely linked the two.

In the Installation mission, they definitely make the connection when the prisoners were mentioning the same things that happened in Schisms, like one had an exact experience as Riker in having his arm removed and reattached.

when i saw that specific part i suspected a connection but i dont share the idea, mostly because these ENT aliens can live in our dimension for a prolonged amount of time, these other aliens from TNG can not and appear as just energy. these elachi may hide their base in subspace, probably not to get noticed in the prime universe as to what they are doing, it doesnt mean however that they are subspace beings in any form, and as for the arm cutting, they appear to have no qualms about using aliens for their own purpose, so what better way to learn about this then to cut an arm off.

but then im forgetting the earlier mission on a damaged keldon class ship owned by the true way, that showed a recording of one of these cardassians being taken to these TNG aliens, however again there is no direct connection, it could entirely be coincidental. who is the say that these cardassians were not running tests deep into the subspace bands and wanted to repeat the TNG experiment with the Laforge array, meanwhile the cardassian ship was knocked out by these ENT aliens and wanted some of them to experiment on of their own like they did with orions, gorn, romulans, remans and perhaps humans as well. in that chaos these subspace aliens could of used that to get their own subjects.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So they live in subspace?

Hmm... Omega thingy destroys subspace right? I call on opening a rift then firing some omega molucues through it.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hehe.... the Captain level Elachi have a skill that creates portals similar to the one Riker got pulled through. What does the skill do? anyone standing too close gets a jam sensors like effect...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its important to point out in Schisms that Laforge, when trying to track the area of subspace the aliens came from, mentions that it could be one of thousands of layers.

The Elachi backstory, while inspired by Schisms, are clearly not the same aliens at all. The Elachi are in normal space 200 years before Schisms, in which those aliens are unable to enter normal space at all.
  • Options
    tedustedus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's pretty clear that the Elachi are the aliens from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Silent Enemy"

For one they look identical, secondly their ships are identical. Thirdly and most importantly on the Legacy of Romulus website, on the second page of the "New Features" tab, Perfect World themselves refer to them as "The Silent Enemy.

Pretty dam conclusive evidence.

Whether their story team pulled ideas from other episodes and combined them with the "Silent Enemy", which we know almost nothing about from canon episodes, or created their intensions from scratch is something only they can tell us.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    their intentions are from scratch from the looks of it, STO was built on a novel they made and on the destruction of romulus during the hobus incident, where as abramscrapverse went into the past on an alternative reality, life goes on in the prime universe. in the end it is all non canon this entire game and as such the intentions of these elachi as cryptic call them.

because the elachi had no real motivations during the few seconds they were observed on the ENT by archer, it would be easy to design and build an intention on these aliens. i mean they may have simply been curious about the ENT and its crew rather then outright hostile contact and not all motivations can be understood by a human.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious? A race of aliens known to kidnap entire ships and turn them into FARMS for nourishment attacking your vessel and boarding it is more than enough justification to shoot back.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tedus2 wrote: »
    I think it's pretty clear that the Elachi are the aliens from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Silent Enemy"

For one they look identical, secondly their ships are identical. Thirdly and most importantly on the Legacy of Romulus website, on the second page of the "New Features" tab, Perfect World themselves refer to them as "The Silent Enemy.

Pretty dam conclusive evidence.

Whether their story team pulled ideas from other episodes and combined them with the "Silent Enemy", which we know almost nothing about from canon episodes, or created their intensions from scratch is something only they can tell us.

Yeah. The Elachi are the silent enemy. It is listed on the "shroomie" aliens page that their non canon name is elachi.

By the way, the Elachi are a really evil, ugly, scary and intimdating villains. I laughed at the borg when I first saw them on tv, they were like the Terminator and Darth Vader's lame cousin.

But the elachi? They are properly wierd, freaky evil aliens. They are the menace the borg can never be, no matter how powerful you make them.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    One thing to remember about Schisms is that the Solanagen aliens would physically disintegrate in normal space. So yeah, they can't be the same race. maybe an ally though...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg yea i just rewatched Silent Enemy and yes, they are the Elachi. kind gald now cuase i was kinda upset how STO just pulled them out of nowhere or maybe subspace, but now that I see they were canon Im good.

Side note this is also the first time we see how Beam Overload come about
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want a real shocker? Check out this page on TV Tropes, under "Other Characters":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/StarTrekOnline

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER!!!
  • Options
    trebnitramtrebnitram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thorodal wrote: »
    You want a real shocker? Check out this page on TV Tropes, under "Other Characters":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/StarTrekOnline

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER!!!

Being as TvTropes is like wikipedia but not as strictly monitored I have an issue with that entry. I am going to take it with a HUGE grain of salt.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So ... if the Elachi are intended to be the same aliens from "Schisms", why do they look nothing like them? Is one a subspecies of the other? Why is there no explanation?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone