test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banned from joining or starting queues since when?????

2»

Comments

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For my own part, I've always felt that STF leavers and AFKers (3+ minutes) should be force-dumped, alone, into a hostile PvP queue for an hour.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leaving is sometimes justified. Imagine a situation where you get 2 useless guys (afkers, injury stackers with negative dps, low tier heroes, deaf clueless newbs, whatever) - and one of decent players leaves/ragequits as a result, so you are stuck with 1 decent player and 2 deadweights. Since Infected and Khit (after getting to Donatra) don't have failure conditions, you are facing either a leaver penalty or a delightful night spent with Borg.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Leaving is sometimes justified. Imagine a situation where you get 2 useless guys (afkers, injury stackers with negative dps, low tier heroes, deaf clueless newbs, whatever) - and one of decent players leaves/ragequits as a result, so you are stuck with 1 decent player and 2 deadweights. Since Infected and Khit (after getting to Donatra) don't have failure conditions, you are facing either a leaver penalty or a delightful night spent with Borg.

Try spending 45 mins working on the first Unimatrix in hive only do have the deadweight be so deadweight the shields were still at 100%. Even I ragequit at that point...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leaving is sometimes justified, true. And in my experience, the game will not give you penalty if you've given it a good try. Certainly I've been many a ground STF pug that just couldn't manage the boss battle. Never once got a penalty when everyone eventually gives up.

There's a difference between admitting defeat when you've been trying for half an hour and the team just can't do it, and blowing a hissy fit over 15 omega marks 2 minutes into the mission.
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only time i ever bail out if they start going after two nodes and keep doing the same thing the more you tell the how todo it. The leaver penalty should be for afkers and so for th not because they troll you to death then finish it after you leave.
  • necrolancerxznecrolancerxz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had to leave due to people quitting, such as in Hive onslaught, and it told me I'd be banned for an hour from doing it again if I left. It must be broken, because I could immediately queue for another and join another. Or I just get lucky. Not the first time it promised a 1-hour ban from a fleet action and didn't pull through on it.
  • pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A possible solution to AFKer in PVE and PVP is a minimum activity threshold, like do so much damage or team healing or something and you get loot, don't meet the threshold no loot. This could also stop those who troll by using melee weapons only during STFs. This should be easy to since damage and healing are tracked in PVP.
    Also a possible solution to the troll leavers could be leaving say two STFs in 30 minutes is a 5 hour account penalty, cause it really hard to justify leaving two STFs in such a short period of time. I would make it apply only to if you hit the quit button not get disconnected, this could be done by detecting the next screen your game sees if you hit the quit button you go back into the game this gets a penalty but if you're disconnected you get a re-log-in screen no penalty, plus if you log back in don't you go back into the STF? At least that's the way I remember.
    But I'm pretty sure if a troll really wanted to they would find a way around both of these too.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Lol that backfired on the OP didn't it...

yeah it did horribly
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ricosakara wrote: »
    Well, what if you get temporarily banned by mistake?
    In other words, what if you joined the wrong queue and had to leave it right away, and you get 1 hour banned for it?

Doesn't that sound unfair, since you didn't mean to join that one queue, but was actually going for the queue above or below it and you accidently press that other queue by mistake?

Well, it just happened to me: I was aiming for the Crystalline Entity event, and pressed Hive Onslaught by mistake, so I log out of it once it was done loading, and now I got banned from queues for an hour. It was all a mistake on my part. I was going down the queue list too fast.

I'm an idiot who finds himself in the wrong STF every once-in-a-while. It is stupidity on my part - I'm given two chances to get it right after all - so I take my lumps. Generally I tell my teammates I'm there by mistake, and to give me a moment to gear up. Or I'll say "sorry, I didn't mean to be here," and leave. Either way, I'm willing to pay for my stupidity. Shouldn't you be also?
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I ever find myself in an stf I wasn't ready for, I simply get my bearings and soldier on. I never drop from a match unless my internet dies. I think dropping out of a match for any reason gimps the rest of the players and leaving just because it was the wrong one is a bad reason. Just give it your best and when it's over, whether fail or success, you don't have to worry about the leaver penalty!
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering