What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Klingon Progression Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During "The Hunt is on" my character was referred to as "Joined Trill" by the Federation Spymaster. He couldn't really know that I was joined (okay joined ones are the only ones in the KDF but you know what I mean), I guess he would refer to "Liberated Borg" as such too. I think it would be better if they were called Trill and Klingon in dialogue (unless it gets too complicated with the liberated Borg of two factions in shared missions).
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played up through the attack on utopia Planetia. Good pacing and progression so far. I like the changes to "bringing down the house" definately flows better with the new story. One thing, I'd like to see K'matar be a BO. He is heavily featured throughout the story arc, I feel he needs to be apart of the crew.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During "Bringing down the House" you encounter "Rival House Ensigns" on Forcas (Heir we go again), that should be Rival House Warriors. Klingons don't have ensigns.

Edit: I just finished "Bringing down the House" is the Bat'leth tournament gone with all its trophies? (nevermind, I just finished the storyline and it turns up as an optional. Still, quote shocking to veterans. :D)

Edit II: I now have 4 BOs but can still only take 3 with me on the away team for Last Call (nevermind, I guess that's because K'mtar beams down with you).
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'House on fire' being played at level 50 has enemies that dont scale up. they were 41 levels below me.
    edit - only seems to effect the space map.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    House Pursued: Enjoyed it greatly though it can be a little hard to spot those itty bitty drones. Do not change it though I did enjoy the surprise factor of it.

So House of Torg remnants are working with Orion rebels to steal Borg tech and sell to a mysterious buyer named Hassan. (Does he chop?)
    Simple but effective and as I said before I enjoyed it greatly. Though A little more foreshadowing may help the player not feel as if the player is trying to be surprised at the end by the revelation of what the House of Torg is attempting to do.

House of Fire: Very Good mission, Good dialogue and it (imo) even hinted to a possible Orion rebellion substory for the future of the KDF. It does need the occasional revenge minded warrior of the House Torg attacking the PC in addition to the Orion pirates (imo).
    I enjoyed the Tal shiar/Romulan tie in as it points to the Tal shiars experiments with Borg technology later in the story line of STO.

Over all I enjoyed them both and found the mission both simple and intricate enough to entertain. A few little tweaks though could give it more life as a piece of the story.

Now I strap on my dancing shoes and go to Nimbus. I suspect that the Nimbus mission has been written in the same half-sense of satire as the movie it is linked too.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    House Pursued: Enjoyed it greatly though it can be a little hard to spot those itty bitty drones. Do not change it though I did enjoy the surprise factor of it.

So House of Torg remnants are working with Orion rebels to steal Borg tech and sell to a mysterious buyer named Hassan. (Does he chop?)
    Simple but effective and as I said before I enjoyed it greatly. Though A little more foreshadowing may help the player not feel as if the player is trying to be surprised at the end by the revelation of what the House of Torg is attempting to do.

House of Fire: Very Good mission, Good dialogue and it (imo) even hinted to a possible Orion rebellion substory for the future of the KDF. It does need the occasional revenge minded warrior of the House Torg attacking the PC in addition to the Orion pirates (imo).
    I enjoyed the Tal shiar/Romulan tie in as it points to the Tal shiars experiments with Borg technology later in the story line of STO.

Over all I enjoyed them both and found the mission both simple and intricate enough to entertain. A few little tweaks though could give it more life as a piece of the story.

Now I strap on my dancing shoes and go to Nimbus. I suspect that the Nimbus mission has been written in the same half-sense of satire as the movie it is linked too.

These were merely tweaked and adjusted Fed Patrol missions Roach.

Nimbus however is insanely good but needs a lot more polish especially in regards to environment placement.

Am quite curious if they've managed to fix parts of the decloaking bug? I've been managing to scan objects while cloaked and not be decloaked in pop ups.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far so good just tried it an liked it thanks:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What the replayability of all the KDF missions? Will my existing LG be able to get his own kackal pet?
    And why does that pet not level with us?

Otherwise Im really happy with what Im seeing.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    These were merely tweaked and adjusted Fed Patrol missions Roach.

Nimbus however is insanely good but needs a lot more polish especially in regards to environment placement.

Am quite curious if they've managed to fix parts of the decloaking bug? I've been managing to scan objects while cloaked and not be decloaked in pop ups.

Im aware it was a revamped fed mission. Im merely pleased they went to the trouble of not feeding us a simple non-KDFesqued rewritten fed copypaste.
    I have not experienced the decloak bug in a few missions so far. I figured these rewrites would be easy to fix decloak in since they are specific maps being worked on.

A bit more polish would be nice though as they do seem a bit quick, really just little bits of flair nothing too seriuos.

Playing Nimbus soon. Gots to dust off and polish my dance shoes and disco suit.

R.I.P
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having been invited to the closed beta test of LoR I have just completed playing the required length of time to qualify for the reward.

Firstly one negative comment and one only. Having patched Tribble I was really annoyed to see that my FED character had been deleted. No worries though I can have it put back on as and when I have the need to. I can understand why it has been removed. Some players had discussed just going on Tribble and playing as their FED or KDF character just to qualify for the reward. This does defeat the objective of being a test weekend to test new content.

But anyway that aside. As I said before. I was invited to test LoR on the closed beta. I was completely blown away by LoR even though the voice files had not been added to it at that time. During the closed test not having those files included did somewhat spoil the experience, but i fully understand why they had not been included. When I submitted my feedback afte, I included a couple of personal changes that I would think would work to the new UI regarding the color schemes. I don't know if Cryptic had already had in mind the same changes that I had suggested in my feedback, but I was overjoyed to actually see what I had suggested be implemented. This proves that the feedback we give is valued.

Anyway back to this weekend. During closed beta the new content (even without full audio) was absolutely amazing AWESOME even, but playing it now with full audio WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The graphics, the voice acting work just blew me away. Although I don't really like the idea of going back to level one with a character being that I have devoted so much time to my existing holodeck character. I will certainly however be splitting my time spent playing between my existing FED character and playing from level one with a Romulan.

As for any glitches etc with LoR. I have found none what so ever. It ran and played as smooth as can be.

Any complaints. Again just like glitches none what so ever.

WELL DONE EVERYONE INVOLVED.
  • Options
    thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played a Klingon character through the first half a dozen missions and I must say that it is refreshing to see some new KDF content.

The tutorial is good. I haven't seen any defects. Some might say that the dialogs are a little bland but it's still OK.

Graphics and textures are great.

Frankly, I will have to play it a bit longer to see if anything is wrong further down the storyline.

I like the idea of the Warp Core Equipment.

The character creation is fluid and the new traits and abilities are more involving than in previous versions of the game.

My apreciation is 8 / 10. The points lost are mainly for the relative weakness in the flavour texts, but this can easily be corrected with patches. The core of the game looks great and is very promising.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the improvements to those martok missions are great. the addition of k'mtar and the character driven story is excellent. this storyline more or less mirrors what what would have led up to the events of the episode first born, but thanks to the slightly altered timeline, the impression k'mtar made on Alexander, things played out the way they do in game. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/K%27mtar

its a nice touch, the k'mtar in game not even knowing that he is the kmtar that he met long ago. but at this point, it doesn't look like he will need to go back in the past at all. oh well, thats just one of the instances were the prime universe forked, so him not going back because no one killed worf wont make a difference on this universe's Alexander.

im also reminded of the voyager finally, were the klingons happened to have some time travel tech. that admiral voyager part of the finally took place around this time in game too. that kdf temporal shuttle in the lobi store is likely intended to be what alaxander/k'mtar would have used to go back to 2370.

just real happy with the way this all played out and fit together so well, any hard core treky who's paying attention will love all this

oh, and i tried to adjust my bop costume, but it wouldnt not let me unless i bought the tier 2 cruiser refit, the fed cruiser refit. thats an odd connection.

there are some problems though. first, lady sirella is way to young, M'ven, her grandson looked older. crank up the aged look on her. and crank down m'ven's age, hes got grey hair. he shouldn't be that old, if he's the son of drex. strange you never see drex anywhere here btw. the worst offender for age though is worf. he looks 150, and far older then he was in AGT. make his hair black, and only give him the aged 1 look. look at kog, kang, and korgoth that were in those DS9 episodes. they were worfs tng age back in TOS! thats what very old klingons look like. worf looks twice as old.

after i found the romulan weapon in the house of tong's room, the mission completed and i was only given the option to beam back to my ship. worf never even asked me to fight in the tournament in m'vens place, what happened to that? also, when i was back in orbit, i could see the boff dialog from the start of that mission, about tracking the romulan. i noticed there was the optin to do the tournament in the quest log a bit later.

when i got back to the markok farm, and talked to lady sirella, the beam in and fight seemed way to abrupt. thats a place were there should be a small cut scene, with words exchanged first.

soon after, when i went to destroy the 3rd com satellite, no martok bops decloaked to draw fire. had like 7 of them attacking me, i actually died!

then on the ground, i missed scanning the romulan crate before chancing off tong, and then after i went back and scanned the crate, could not continue. had to beam out and to that ground part all over.

after i got through it correctly, that space battle afterward seemed new, didn't remember it. worf had a fleet vorcha! by then i leveled, but found that i only had 1 eng boff, and 3 tac boffs. so, my k'tonco was unable to be crewed properly. boffs cost dill, and no level 10 klingon would have any. or ec on the exchange, and you have next to none by then too. 1 of those 3 tac boffs you get on the way to level 10 should be an eng instead. you could only really use 2 at that point anyway.

i also noticed an issue when the t'konco fires aft turrets. for the lower fore fireing, it fires turret shots from 1 of the 2 wing cannon. it looks really strange. its missing a turret hardpoint on its chin. so... if theres ever a chance for the ship guys to maybe do something about that, and some of the other kdf ship issues, would really appreciate that. i hope sometime soon there will be a fleet k'tonco, and that strange turret fire would just really be a constant eye sore.
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

I played new KDF content through 1-10 level, I must say I'm impressed with visual changes and general gameplay alterations - great job on that.

new tutorial - good, but something is missing out there, it's typical klingon and other species feel out of place, I played Lethean and stuff was weird in some moments - general conclusion - fast pace - not so good, I was hoping to see some prequel like Academy admission and so on plus some species diversity - klingons are klingons - brash and rowdy, with their quite unique perspective, but others... not so much and there is nothing about it

following missions played out quite fine, I like what you did with levels/maps (big plus on reworking them), but everything is too straightforward in general perspective I really'd like to be able to make some decision once in a while, decision that matters, no just another click to jump in combat - like this discussion with FED captain, when you follow prisoner - there were klingon option - die fed! - but there were another dialogue I was happy to see, unfortunately it didn't matter, in the end it was - die fed! again, regardless - to put it simple - this sucks a lot

ok, now something about new 'mechanics' - first of all - trait system: excellent idea, but I feel it's not finished yet, some traits received update, others just new icons and are still useless, same traits show differed descriptions depending on where you click one them it's a mess

I'm particularly disappointed with lethean rapture - it was always useless ability and after update it still is, it's too week to use on regular lvl 3 mobs and 2m cooldown makes it a joke, after level 5 using it is just a waste of effort, you achieve better result by riflebutting your enemy... so much for a deadly psychic attack rapture supposed to be

there are some inaccuracies with physical strength/melee damage traits apart from different descriptions something is not right out there and don't you dare make gorn not the strongest melee species

there is no option to customize traits during char creation, hope it's just temporary
    list of available traits is very limited - same conclusion as above
    BOFF's still have oldschool traits, hope they'll receive "lifting' as well

so please, please take time and do them right, cause this new system is a damm good thing

the warp core equipment is a bullseye - this stuff was simply missing and it is now - very good job on that, unfortunately during my gameplay had not much experience with different types and such, but i have hi hopes for it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »

Playing Nimbus soon. Gots to dust off and polish my dance shoes and disco suit.

Do it Klingon Style!

Funny enough I drank enough dutch courage to give it a go and embarrass myself a little, Fan Dance emote didn't unlock! :eek: Although that probably is for the best....
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHEEE!!! Combat Jackal Mastiff pet!!!

ETA: As far the starter BOFFs, I think it should start with emergency power to shields and hazard emitters, and the two klingon males should look different.
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    The music in the tutor is too loud. I can barely understand the VO's

Go to Options/Audio and you can adjust the volumes of the music, effects and voices seperately.

However during the Tutorial (and I don't know if this has been covered in this section yet or not) the Tutorial voice directions sometimes happen at the sametime as the voices of an NPC be it one of your crew or an NPC you are getting information from.

Otherwise I like the story progression so far but I have only reached level 15 so far.

And are we going to start seeing new C-store Ships for the Klingons at lower levels like they have for the Federation and maybe possibly (more like HOPEFULLY) small craft. Orion Slavers and raiders? Perhaps Gorn Fighters? What about a Naussican Fighter of some sort?
  • Options
    tovalbainntovalbainn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. I really like the new tailor with the preview pains and the overall and easy to find what you are looking for with the way you have grouped it together and brought things forward more instead of all the drop down menus we have now

2. you should give you a choice to kill the captain or side with him that would put a fork in the road where more content could be added changing the story line just slightly Like still wind up on chronos but Jem pok learned of the Treachery and puts your captain to death and and does not fully trust the player and Jem pok keeps a eye on them maybe have them run one or two side missions to earn his trust before he turns the ship over to the player and even then jem pok still question there Honor while they progress thru the game and they earn jem poks trust on the klingons side

3. There is grammar mistakes in B'Eloja in the first screen second paragraph
    the way that it is currently written is:

I hear tell that you were listed as the second officer of the Hurm, not the First
    Challenge right are only extended to the officer immediately below you otherwise everyone would be
    gunning for the captain (remove the word tell)

4. had Lag in the great hall with first report to Jem pok

5.Can we Please add a check box on the help pop up to kill the auto help menu or at least stop it from talking it interrupts game play for one and annoying for veterans

6.In the hunt is on when in the hall way in front of the prison just in Before the Colum in front of the stair the auto help comes on and tells you to step on to the transporter pad when you are not even in the transporter room need to shrink down the trigger point

7. I also had a issue with the ship customizer wanting to charge 750 zen to change the paint on my ship i back out several times and went back in and it still wanted to charge 750 zen I played around with changing the hull and stuff the first time and then canceled the modifications and exited the customizer and went back in and it still would not clear the Zen Log out and back in and still wanted 750 zen just to add paint so customizer seems to be broken on this end in less you plan to charge zen to customize Ships

8.I did not get my Veteran Bonus and all my perks till level Lt 5 not sure if that is a bug or
    meant to be that way I think you should get it as soon as you create your toon

9. I am Disappointed that we cannot Still see the Visuals for kit and uniforms on Klingon

Just so there is no questions on the specs of the test box i used
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
    AMD quad Core 9650 Clocked at 2.3 GHz
    8 Gb of Ram
    ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6750
    on a VDSL connection of 25 Mb connection down and 3 Mb down
    location Nevada USA
    5-11-2013 2:47 am

over all not to bad but still needs work I do like the new interfaces over all and the new look it is what sto was missing since launch but I still find Klingon side weak
  • Options
    stan2750stan2750 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new Klingon starting point... feels like your in an episode of STAR TREK KLINGONS... which would be a great show... heh heh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Interesting start to the mission though the fighting in orbit needs to be more expansive and have a true clash of titans feel to it.

Dialouge doesn't seem to mention the Undine very much in the beginning, giving a sense that its been left out of the dialogue.

Ground portion was fun with fight the Borg mainly with only a few Undine. It needs more ground Borg and Undine clashing it large groups to give that sens of "Two giants fighting over an anthill" feeling. Smoke, fire, the random running civilian that gets shot down in the crossfire.

On that note, the Borg and Undine both seem unfocused in ground combat. they stutter in action as if not able to decide what ability or attack to use.

Then the mission stopped cold for me. After rescuing 4 of the 5 civilians left alive I discovered the last civilian (denoted by a exclamation point) was behind the green force field that I could not cross or find opening through. No ingame prompt for resolve was given. No glowy areas where spotted.

Possibly a very good mission but needs some polishing to be a great mission.

Now, I'm off to Paradise.....Lost.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WHEEE!!! Combat Jackal Mastiff pet!!!

ETA: As far the starter BOFFs, I think it should start with emergency power to shields and hazard emitters, and the two klingon males should look different.

That Mastiff needs to level with us in my opinion.

R.I.P
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dialog options in "Space Chase" made me laugh. Other than that, there wasn't much else remarkable about this mission, but since it was short and contained only space combat, it gets a thumbs up from me.

"Manhunt" is EPIC. I loved it. The dialog is fantastic, the environment is good, the ending cinematic is awesome. Fabulous mission.

"Friend or Foe" is great. The dialog is marvelous, the intrigue with the Romulans invokes the Klingon civil war in TNG. However, I am unable to resolve the mission. After speaking with Worf, I get "Report to K'mtar" as my mission objective, but I'm not able to contact him.
  • Options
    korbinarmandkorbinarmand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having now played on KDF on Tribble I will be forced to delete my lvl50 KDF player so that I can reroll and see the entire storyline. Well done and looking forward to playing this on live.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The shield cap for Numiri Regen Ship Shield is only 900; it may be a regenerative shield, but 900 seems too low for a useful l mkIV ship shield.
  • Options
    clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job on the tutorial - it really sets the tone for a Klingon player.
  • Options
    moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (My comments are taken from the perspective of someone who has never played, since new players can now start as level 1.)

The federation boarding parties in the brig are invulnerable.

K'Gan is not slotted by default. I had to slot him manually.

The Caitan sounded way way too normal human. Jazz it up with some meowing (If he is speaking normally) or some computerization (if he's using a translator).

K'Gan said it would take some time for the cloak to get back online, but it is working immediately. No explanation of cloaking mechanics until much later.

Captain Kagdar has no voice over the first time he contacts you.

"Rescue" the Seg'Pa sounds weak. They're Klingons, they don't rescue **** (to coin a phrase). It should be "Join the Seg'Pa in glorious combat!"

The Federation are cowards, instead of fighting to the death the Musashi should run like dogs! Or be disabled and surrender.

After Bat'leth training, there should be an option to continue fighting.

When entering the warehouse, K'Gan fell down for no reason.

The Ferengi running in circles needs to have his pathing fixed so he doesn't try to run over the grav sled - it is immersion breaking to have him stuck trying to climb the tall boxes.

The Naussican pirate says "losses" but the captioning says "loses".

At the safehouse "That room looks promising" doesn't create a destination marker.

Recommend adding some class-specific objectives at the transporter pad
    Tac - Interrogate prisoner to get destination information out of him.
    Eng - Repair pad to download pad targeting information
    Sci - Scan transporter pad to determine direction quantum particles went.

Space Chase
    Alot of time spent in Sector Space with dead time. Recommend filling it with a quick tutorial over energy levels. Weapons/shields/engine.
    Give an explanation or a warning about the planets you are passing - tell players not to go there yet.
    It was way too easy to beat the Typhoon battleship. This fight should be a little harder.
    Defeated all the ships but could not capture the prisoner - the shuttle was just hovering at the planet. Drake should send a taunt and warp out before they are defeated.

On the sector map, the "Go to Rura Penthe" icon blocks the autonav option to Rura Penthe.
  • Options
    miri2miri2 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta' say, I am overall very happy with what I've seen so far of the new KDF intro content.
    I love the fact that the first arc revolves around
    , the manner of command acquisition, and, as has been stated by previous posters, the nods towards disunity within the Empire.
    And hanging a lampshade on the fact that there will be Romulans milling around first city was probably a prudent idea. :)

That said, I only got as far as (what I think is) near the end of The Hunt is On, since I can't get the "Used Ship Salesman" to give me any mission-advancing dialogue options.
    I also agree that the comment of "that door over there looks promising" could really stand to have an associated waypoint, since the BOff isn't exactly capable of pointing at it for you. :P
    Finally, I also really don't like the use of the term "Feds" by the Klingons. I know players call them that (and the Iotians from "A Piece of the Action," I guess...), but the Klingons have never struck me as the type to use that kind of short-hand, nor can I ever recal them doing so. (Just look at their name for Species 8427-- it's nearly as unwieldy as their serial number! :P) It is, to me at least, a little distracting.

Oh, and, maybe this is just me, but having the (very well-done, for the record) Federation computer voice guiding the player through the turorial and acting as narrator is a little jarring, especially since the KDF has their own computer voice-overs.

Still, an overall positive impression, I don't want that to get lost in my criticisms! I'm looking forward to that "Used Ship Salesman" bug getting fixed so I can see the rest of it!

EDIT: Derpy me. There is a "talk to used ship salesman" interaction over the Nausicaan mercenary Gramash at the shipyard, which just links you to an empty dialogue box, then his normal shpeel. He's not actually the Used Ship Salesman that the mission wanted me to talk to. If only I looked at the waypoints. :P
    ... no idea why that interaction exists, though...
    “True success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
    -- Winston Churchill
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Vault is quite hilarious with KDF Shuttles since they added cloaks to them. Quite curious though that there is a mission where you've to report to omega force it says that "Starfleet needs to stop the borg before they reach the core worlds and need their best officers on the frontline"

Assume by that statement that means Starfleet doesn't have any good officers and thus need KDF to do all the heavy lifting as usual? :rolleyes:

Just had a thoughts about Nimbus and the Elachi facility. Needs a Fleet Action with enraged KDF using Bat'leths versus Elachi, possibly a ground version of Rhi Atmosphere Event. Still think there isn't enough headbutting either.
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Klingon Tutorial on Tribble when playing a Female Orion (Science)

Agreed with previous comments that the default audio volume for music is dialed up too high relative to the volume level for voice overs, such that voice overs require "work" to understand audibly.

Checked the Traits window and found the Lucky Trait has conflicting information in the UI. The short text for the Lucky Trait says +Critical Hit chance and +Expose chance. The longer description of the Trait is worded poorly so as to be ambiguous, and even worse the bullet point description at the end is +3% Critical Hit chance and +10% chance to EXPLOIT (not Expose!). To make things even MORE confusing, going to the Status Window and looking at the Passives for your Captain, the values shown in the UI are "Superior" (at Level 1 during the Tutorial?) and display on mouseover values of +4.5% Critical Hit chance and +15% chance to EXPLOIT (again, NOT Expose!). Suspect there are some poorly handled pointers with regards to the Lucky Trait causing these UI issues.

During the Boarding Party phase of the Klingon Tutorial, in the Brig area there are Boarding Party hostiles who are IMMUNE TO DAMAGE ... which is ... really weird. I'd shoot them with my Disruptor Rifle, hits (and criticals and flanking!) would display, and even the Knockback would push them around (when it would proc) ... but NO DAMAGE. I'm not talking like number zero would rise up in the display. I mean NO DAMAGE as in NULL. They were simply IMMUNE to damage, without displaying anything like Immune. It was as if the damage simply didn't even register. What made this even *more odd* is that this was not a universal trait to all of the Boarding Party inside the Brig Area. Some of them would "ignore" damage this way, while others COULD be damaged by my actions ... but ONLY by my actions! The NPC crew shooting at ANY of these Boarding Party "hostiles" was totally ineffective! This meant that while trying to listen to the voice over dialogue between my PC and the Prisoner in the Brig, there was constant gunfire going on all around us, while no one was doing any damage to each other!

Once I defeated Captain Jurlek and gained my new First Officer, during the First Officer's announcement cutscene, there was a passage in the middle of it where the subtitles of what he was saying appeared on the screen ... but there was no voice over being played for the duration of that one portion of the cutscene. It would appear that the audio is either missing a segment or there is a miscue in the chain, causing this small portion to fail to play its audio.

Another thing which I found somewhat ... jarring ... is the sheer number of crew members aboard the B'rel ship. B'rels are supposed to have a crew of only 30 aboard ... and minus your PC that would mean there should only be 29 NPCs aboard the ship. Subtract the bridge crew and (original) First Officer and you're down to about 25 NPCs *TOTAL* who should be in other sections/decks of the ship. The crew quarters alone had 10 NPCs in there (just standing around), and during the Brig Fight section there are some 10 or so NPCs fighting just on the Brig Deck. Then you get to the First Officer cutscene announcing the change in command and you see a fairly large number of crew doing their routine tasks of damage control during the announcement ... and I'm pretty sure that over the duration you're seeing more than 10 crew AGAIN. My point is that from a continuity standpoint over the whole Tutorial, it *FEELS LIKE* this B'rel has WAY MORE CREW than it should (30) simply because you SEE a lot of them! It feels more like this B'rel has a crew of 60-100 instead of (merely) 30, just because of how the crew are presented through the various shipboard scenes. I mean, the ONLY way this can work is if the Starfleet Boarding Parties INFLICTED NO LOSSES on the B'rel Crew (everyone survived unscathed, after all that?), which is more than a little ... unbelievable.

*IT'S BAAAAAAACK!*
    You know the "LOUD Boff Breaks Cloak" *BUG* caused by interactions while in Space, that every Klingon (and soon, Romulan) hates with a passion? Well, once I defeated Captain Jurlek and took control of my ship and reached the Space Map, I engaged Cloak on my ship. Talking to the First Officer ... amazingly ... did not break Cloak! BUT... clicking on the Movement Help button in the Low Priority Interactions area, to get a Tutorial on Movement *DID* break Cloak IMMEDIATELY ... which it very much SHOULD NOT DO because this is Brand New Content and Cryptic's design and environment teams have no excuse for this ... FAULT ... persisting in brand new content! I say this specifically because Cryptic KNOWS HOW TO *NOT* MAKE THIS HAPPEN, AND YET IT STILL IS. Sloppy Bad Form(tm) Cryptic ... you should be better than this. Rectify.

Impressively enough ... the same problem of "unwanted and unwarranted Decloaking" did NOT occur (/em thumbs up!) when Scanning the Asteroid dead ahead during the Tutorial while Cloaked ... again demonstrating that the Movement Help = Automatic Decloak behavior is UNWARRANTED and UNNECESSARY. Furthermore, again, when conducting the second Iridium Scan in the asteroid field, scanning DID NOT DECLOAK the ship (again, /em thumbs up!).

BUT ... Firing Help from the Low Priority Menu ALSO Decloaks the ship automagically ... as does Targeting Help. Looks like whoever was responsible for implementing the Interactions through the Low Priority Menu FAILED to include the proper coding for "selecting these options does NOT uncloak your ship" as PLAYERS would have expected.

After targeting and destroying the asteroids (and collecting the Irridium Loot), it is possible to Cloak, talk to the First Officer and NOT DECLOAK (/em thumbs up!).

When vectoring in to destroy the Disabled Centaur Class Frigate, the Mission Objective Circle placed around it on the Map and Minimap has a radius of closer to 5 km, instead of the 10 km (of Weapons Range) that I had been expecting. Would it be possible to change this UI element to be a 10 km circle around the Frigate on the map?

After destroying the Disabled Centaur Class Frigate (if done from long range), it is possible to reverse thrust and engage Cloak. But then, once again, a Low Priority Menu item pops up ... Setting Autofire for Weapons ... and sure enough, this option Decloaks your ship! Once again, the Decloak For NO GOOD REASON *BUG* rears its ugly head because of Sloppy Coding.

Fortunately, talking to the First Officer after destroying the Repair Crew Ships doesn't decloak your ship (/em thumbs up!).

After destroying the Frigates responsible for the Jamming, it is possible to recloak your ship before scanning for the Seg'pa ... but *this time* scanning causes your ship to decloak? Why? When scanning previously while cloaked, your cloak didn't drop. Who is responsible for making this behavior consistent during the Tutorial? Remember, this is going to be the FIRST EXPERIENCE with Cloaking for new players, and if its behavior is this inconsistent now ... what are they going to think about the "Polish" done in the rest of the game?

The final Contact Captain Kadgar, surprisingly, does NOT cause Cloak to break ... despite being accessed from the Low Priority Menu (again demonstrating how sloppy the coding control has been up until this point with regards to this issue).

When listening to the voice over for Captain Kadgar, what he audibly SAYS does not match the words written on the screen:
    • Audio: "We're going to stay here WHILE repairs are underway,"
    • Written: "We're going to stay here UNTIL repairs are underway,"
    I'm thinking what is written on the screen *ought to* match what is being said in the audio here (ie. the audio should be the standard, since re-recording that is way more annoying than fixing text in the UI).

After arriving at Qo'nos, it is possible to Cloak again, before Hailing the Prison ... which once again Decloaks the ship. Cryptic, this is really getting pretty darn awful as far as Quality Control goes on making this signature feature behave CONSISTENTLY. I know that at this point, it actually makes no difference in the outcome of the tutorial (since you're hardly going to be attacked by enemies, let alone needing to hide from them, while in orbit around Qo'nos) ... but still, it's the principle of the thing. You have a way to make this NOT HAPPEN and you're FAILING TO IMPLEMENT IT CONSISTENTLY. Bad form (/em thumbs down!).

Nice touch of putting a member of Section 31 into Prison Cell 31 ... something that only those of us who have already played a substantial portion of the Federation content already will be able to thoroughly appreciate the irony of. Makes you wonder if the Warden isn't a double agent though ...

On the way to the Bat'leth Arena, there's a Gorn Guard, Thraak, who has a Talk to Thraak option. Clicking this does ... nothing? No dialogue, no NPC chat, no ... nothing? Hmm. Sounds like a programming cue got missed here.

It appears that the distance between your PC and any of the "signs" (Forge, Exchange, etc.) in First City do their switch over from Klingon to <insert Language Localization for Player> happens around 50 meters. I agree with others that this is "too far away" since it means that most signage will spend its time NOT displaying in Klingon! Recommend reducing the radius at which Localization for language occurs to either be at 20 meters or 25 meters, so that as a player you need to get *closer* to signs in order to read them in the Player's localization language (and can thus "appreciate" the written Klingon better).

Entering the Apartment in pursuit of the escaped prisoner ... there is no option to Choose Your Away Team granted ... but a (female) voice over informs me of my choice to ... choose my away team? Looks like another missed programming cue.

In the safehouse, just in the first room, there are 20 Starfleet hostiles. How did SO MANY Starfleet get smuggled into First City in Qo'nos? No idea. Guess we just need a lot of Redshirts(tm) so as to make the chase for the prisoner "not so easy" ...?

The Spymaster that you defeat (and who tells you nothing when you "interrogate" him) ... you're not given any option to "secure" him in any way, or even leave a "guard" on him of one of your Boffs. You just stroll on into the next room and deal with the transporter. Then once you find that your quarry is in orbit, you're given the option to Return to First City. But what about the Spymaster you took down (and who is writhing in the hallway, so he isn't "dead")? Why aren't you doing anything to CAPTURE and SECURE him for questioning? You've got 2 Boffs with you ... why aren't you assigning one of them to take the Spymaster to the Prison? There's no indications that ANYONE is coming to back you up, so if you just ... Return to First City ... there's no implication of any kind that you're going to be taking the Spymaster with you (let alone "disposing" of him in a prison cell somewhere). It's as if the Writer for this segment completely forgot about continuity (and logistics) with regards to securing this NPC. Very disappointing, and ... quite frankly ... somewhat Deus ex Machina bizarre.

Upon reaching Sector Space, I found that with Driver Coil 3 I was flying at Warp 5.61 through Sector Space. I know that the Warp Scale numbers were modified (as per Geko's reveal in podcast), even though the actual SPEED of travel (distance per time) was not adjusted. However, Warp 5 at Level 5 still seems ... kinda high ... since I was only expecting like Warp 2 at starter levels, so that you'd have from 2-10 to look forward to as you level up. Maybe adjust the Warp Scale again so as to not start out *quite* so high on the UI numbers, while not adjusting the amount of distance traveled per unit of time?

In the Boreth System, it is possible to Cloak and stay cloaked while interacting with the Navigation Beacons (/em thumbs up!). However, Hailing the Federation Prisoner ... Decloaks your ship?!? Come on guys, at least PRETEND to be consistent about this issue ... (/em thumbs down!). Even worse(!) ... if you try to Cloak while communicating with the escaped prisoner, the communications channel is closed (say what?) and the sequence aborted. This means you can only communicate with your quarry (and thus progress the plot) while remaining uncloaked ... even as your opponent TELLS YOU that he's got reinforcements coming in to distract you into staying off his tail! Choo-choo train, I CHOOSE YOU! <throws Pok?mon ball into orbit>

Flew right up to the Escaped Federation Prisoner shuttle (0.01 km distance), after scanning the 2 anomalies in the system and ... I'm not given the option to just Tractor Beam this guy? Why am I not allowed to just simply disable this shuttlecraft, bring it aboard, and have this guy "escorted" to MY BRIG? I have to TALK to him, let him spring his "oh so clever trap" on me, so as to LET HIM ESCAPE? Why is it that all the railroad tracks around here are narrow gauge? Oh and incidentally ... why is his shuttlecraft "parked" in space, but slowly spinning counter-clockwise (as if on auxiliary thrusters with no impulse power) the entire time?

So I *chat* with the incoming Feds ... they realize they've been duped ... but my mission objectives are to ... still destroy them? WHY? And I've still got the Escaped Federation Prisoner in his shuttle, DEAD TO RIGHTS UNDER MY CANNONS at less than 1.5 km ... and the shuttle reads as ... friendly? I'm not allowed to target the shuttle? I can't just tractor the shuttle aboard my B'rel, and have my crew "escort" this guy back to MY BRIG? *WHY*??? Why is the only track to be found around here a monorail? Was the writer just "phoning this one in" or something? This makes no sense!! Even worse, the Federation ships I'm supposed to ... Defeat ... read as Allies at this distance ... but as I fly towards them (not on Full Impulse) while Cloaked (oh good, that's working again, because no one's talking to me), the Federation ships flip over to being enemies. Wonderful. They've been duped ... they now KNOW they've been duped ... they've APLOGIZED for being duped ... and I'm supposed to DESTROY THEM ANYWAY just because that's what the mission objective demands in order to advance the plot? Who wrote this? This is incredibly stupid for anyone who is paying even the slightest bit of attention to details here. The MISSION was to CAPTURE THE PRISONER ... not go Blues Brothers In The Mall on any ships that happened to show up along the way.

So first I destroy TWO FEDERATION FRIGATES for no better reason than "trespassing" because they're being USED by this prisoner who escaped and I'm supposed to be capturing (but doing everything I can *NOT* to capture him when I can!) ... and another Starfleet ship shows up, and I'm supposed to destroy them too. Of course ... I had nothing better to do today ... than pile the corpses high. What's the body count from this little bit of stupidity (enforced upon me) going to be? A couple hundred Starfleet officers, killed in a pointless battle, that could have been EASILY AVOIDED by use of a Tractor Beam on a shuttle and a few Duty Officers "escorting" an Escaped Prisoner to MY BRIG!?

THERE IS *NO HONOR* IN FIGHTING AN ENEMY WHO HAS BEEN DECEIVED INTO OPPOSING YOU ... especially AFTER they admit they have been deceived and they make overtures of trying to rectify their error.

But no, I need to fight a Typhoon class Battleship (guess Starfleet has too many of these just "lying around" in the Klingon sectors) because ... well ... honestly ... for NO GOOD REASON. I'm cloaked, they don't know where I am (and aren't likely to find me unless I attack them). The shuttle with the PRISONER that I was supposed to capture is like 30 km behind me now, instead of being IN MY SHUTTLEBAY with the Prisoner IN MY BRIG where he belongs, because I *had to* go blow up some Starfleet ships, rather than deal with the Prisoner who was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and taunting me over a communications channel, TELLING ME FLAT OUT that he was going to use these Federation ships, their captains and their crews as PATSIES so that he could escape! AND I'M PLAYING ALONG because ... well ... because that's how the mission is SO BADLY WRITTEN.

Okay, fine ... I'll play along. Oh look, the Typhoon class Battleship has a ... TRACTOR BEAM! You know, the sort of thing I should have used to CAPTURE THE ESCAPED PRISONER so as to have him "escorted" to MY BRIG, where he belongs?

So I blow the Battleship (eh ... easy come, easy blow ... Starfleet is like Kleenex that way) ... and yet MORE ships appear, that I'm supposed to destroy (say what?).

Okay, whatever ... I've completely lost respect for whoever at Cryptic was responsible for writing this ... TRAVESTY ... of a mission. So I *obediently* blow up the remaining 3 Frigates that spawned in for me to POINTLESSLY destroy for no good reason (yay! body count!) and ... as soon as that's done, my First Officer pops up IMMEDIATELY (so my ship "parks" in space, ensuring that if I was too close to the last Frigate I popped, its warp core breach stands an excellent chance of blasting my wimpy little B'rel out of the sky FOR NO GOOD REASON) and ... asks if I want to leave the system now. Wait ... what? What about the PRISONER? You know ... THE PRISONER that we came out here to CAPTURE? You know ... the one who ESCAPED!? The one who is STILL HERE IN HIS STOLEN SHUTTLE!?! I can even drive over to where he is, park 0.00 km away from him in his stolen shuttle and ... DO NOTHING ABOUT HIM.

No Tractor Beams.
    No Transporter Beams.
    No Cannons.
    No Torpedoes.
    NOTHING.
    NADA.
    ZILCH.
    P'TUI.

The Escaped Prisoner ... in his STOLEN shuttle ... reads as ... friendly.

RIIIIIGHT. What's an ark?

Are we not going to, you know ... CAPTURE ... this jerk? Are we just going to forget him and leave (like we forgot about and left behind the Spymaster in the safehouse on Qo'nos)? Somebody get me a 5 year old child because this seems to be a very BAD PLAN.

Leave System.
    You have completed all of the objectives in this area.

Yeah ... EXCEPT FOR THE ONE I CAME HERE FOR!!!

So I get to Sector Space, call in the mission and get told ... "It is unfortunate that the prisoner has eluded your search."

NO HE DIDN'T ... THE STUPID *NARRATIVE* PROTECTED HIM!
    And oh look, in just the few seconds I've been talking to you, Mr. Prison Warden, my quarry has managed to fly halfway across the sector block (in a stolen shuttlecraft) and invade a Penal Colony.

Yeah ... no. I'm done Testing (this) on Tribble. This is so bad that my Suspension Bridge of Disbelief has been quite thoroughly dynamited at this point by whoever was responsible for writing this. This is beyond terrible, as far as PLOT and motivations go. This is "turn off the TV and go read a book" bad. And what makes this especially egregious is ... this is literally the FIRST mission chain a NEW Klingon Player is going to get. Join the KDF, be a stooge and murder Starfleet officers for being duped and betrayed by a Section 31 agent because he's got Script Immunity and can pull your puppet strings because he's a Mary Sue ... and he'll TELL YOU he's doing this BEFORE you play along, dancing to his tune like the useful idiot you are.

PetaQ.

I've read FAN FICTION that's written better than this ... from the internet. :mad:
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still working on the Tutorial (just got to the escaped prisoner), but I have to say I am enjoying the new story, there are a few small glitches here and there that I have seen (they have also been well documented already), but overall I am enjoying having a story finally.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    deltas6deltas6 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new Klingon easier way to start than before. The beginning or tutorial in the holodeck i noticed cliping of the weapon the whole front half the the disruptor disappears.