test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

picard patrick stewert in sto

2»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am confused, and maybe a tad offended, by the references to "mercenary actor", as if expecting to be paid for your work is a sin. If you take your car in for repairs, and the mechanic presents you with the bill, do you refer to him scornfully as a "mercenary"? Are you willing to go put in a full day's work at whatever job you might hold in exchange for a pat on the back and a hearty "thank you," or would you expect a paycheck?

Why should Patrick Stewart or Wil Wheaton be expected to work for free? They've got bills too, you know.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2013
    Just for the record, "official" STO canon from the tie-in novel is that Picard became ambassador to Vulcan, eventually married Beverly Crusher, retired, and had a son. That son later built a new Picard vineyard on Mars (which is where all the hundreds of bottles of Chateau Picard come from, most likely) and married Riker and Troi's daughter.

Just yesterday, I saw the YouTube vid of Frakes and Sirtis at a convention, discovering in front of the whole audience that "they" had a daughter. The jaw-dropping astonishment was hilarious! :D
  • karitas01karitas01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realise Patrick Stewart DID voice a game already?

He was the King in the opening of The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karitas01 wrote: »
    You realise Patrick Stewart DID voice a game already?

He was the King in the opening of The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion.
    And he was probably paid for it. Bethesda did have the money for it.

What we say is, well known actor as Stewart are not free. And STO don't have the money for that, and even if they do, that would probably mean a lot less content for few minutes of VO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    I am confused, and maybe a tad offended, by the references to "mercenary actor", as if expecting to be paid for your work is a sin. If you take your car in for repairs, and the mechanic presents you with the bill, do you refer to him scornfully as a "mercenary"? Are you willing to go put in a full day's work at whatever job you might hold in exchange for a pat on the back and a hearty "thank you," or would you expect a paycheck?

Why should Patrick Stewart or Wil Wheaton be expected to work for free? They've got bills too, you know.

My thoughts exactly, its not like we're in the star trek verse where we have a job for the heck of it.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, how much are you going to pay for that? :D Patrick Stewart wouldn't do it for free, he's no Trekkie, he only took the role because everybody told him that TNG would be done after the first season.

I'm just going to say that there might be an option with the right plotline.

vhyle wrote: »
    I take back my insinuation, and apologize for what I posted. I had no idea that was his work ethic. He comes off as a rather good guy to me then.

From everything I've seen Will is a very cool guy. One of my friends works at Wizards of the Coast and met Will at a Penny Arcade event and had nothing but good things to say about him.
    jonsills wrote: »

YES. Very solid point. It is one thing that STO might not be able to afford him, but there's no reason he shouldn't ask to get paid for his work.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picard is alive in STO, retired and living on Earth with his wife Beverly and their child. Perhaps you guys should take a look at the Trivia & Tips that show up on the loading screens in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picard is alive in STO, retired and living on Earth with his wife Beverly and their child. Perhaps you guys should take a look at the Trivia & Tips that show up on the loading screens in game.

And likely suffering the effects of Irrumodic Syndrome by now. Last thing we need in STO is an encounter with a geriatric old Captain who is so far gone that he still believes it's 2375.

;)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    he's no Trekkie, he only took the role because everybody told him that TNG would be done after the first season.

From the interviews I have seen with him I do not think that is true. He said he is incredibly proud of his work and that it was often harder than performing shakespear (due to the convoluted language)

He also stated he felt he was part of a huge family and loved hearing from and meeting star trek fans.

Not sure where you go the idea that he 'isnt a trekkie'.