test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Legacy of Romulus Klingon Progression Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
This thread will cover the arcs "Empire" through "Vigilance". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall Edit Note: I am sorry I am so critical but we came too far to be given "Third Class Content"

Well... the FEDERATION ship was visible while the two Klingon ships were prisoner exchanging.... and I know that's not suppose to happen by the dialogue. Also... the other ship phased and that lookd weird as well. PLease check this out.

EDIT

There are also some dialoges missing as well from First Officer after you take control of ship. (EDIT: Battle Stations Text)

---- EDIT 2
    Same with when you find the Sepla instead it is with the Spela Captain

EDIT 3
    Lag or No Federayion Vessle To Kill for Saving the Sepla.

EDIT 4

The fact that the Klingons call the Federation "Feds" really disappoints me to think of what will happen later in the 1-20 and beyond... rather it be "cut-short" dialogue like saying 5 words and BAM! Mission Over.... No VO or Missing VO... very disappointing cause I already see people talking about it.. and the Federation (Notice how I am using Federation, NOT FEDS :D) has a lot of VO, and good quality too... et cetera with story line.

Also invcluding, I would like to say thank you for doing this, but I really hoped that you would have put more time into it... for if I had 3 Edits just for the Tutorial... I am afraid this post will take up a lot of space.... :(

EDIT 5----

Prisoner Break.... 1: WAY TOO CHESSY AND WEAK 2: Again no VO before and after at the Exchange Room AND At Prison and possibly more after so by how I see things.... I feel like I'm playing Foundry Missions.... please guys try to ummph up the content... its way to weak for my perspective compared to what you did in the tutorial... "Doran is dead.... I understand.... (Yah...Good Going...) And you get the deal... Compared to "THAT PETA'Q.... YOU *Klingon language" etc. PLEASE put more interesting content. (EDIT OF EDIT:) Yah I saw him... Now Go.... (I'm telling yah I feel like its Amateurs dialogue...)

EDIT 6--- (Getting the Picture?)

Hunt is On: First.... how did they know it was federation base... Two, No VO, Three.... as said before... weak talking and content. Four: No Picture for the Pop-Up Chat...

Five: Explaining the Weak Content... How did they know about the Bombs? Again... how did they plan to do something IF they did not know what lay ahead?.... YOUR TOO LATE (shall I do the evil cocking now and say YOU CANT DEFEAT ME?) *sigh* "That Door Looks Promising... (WHAT DOOR?) *sigh*
    Also VERY LIGHT Interrogation on the Spy... I know kittens that are more scary than what I had to say!
    A Transporter Pad! (SO WHAT?!?!.... You just randomly assume you have to do Reroutes? YOU DID NOT EVEN TEST THE PAD OR TRY TO HACK IT!) And again... weak dialogue... Klingons are strong.. they just don't say HES GETTING AWAY.. GET HIM attitude... They talk about honor etc... (P.S. IM a Gorn as You may See....)
    Ending on this mission... Weak Ending... Go Get Him.. You have Warp Trail, Id Recommend you Follow That... (LIKE REALLY? Can't WAIT To See How Edit 7 Will Be!

EDIT 7---

Space Chase: Weak: If they are here, they will hear it.... not to mention it just goes straight into the other "search the system objective" right after.
    Also, DONT GIVE THE OPTION OF PEACE IF THERE IS NONE! I don't want to go though text just to have to fight anyways!
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The music in the tutor is too loud. I can barely understand the VO's
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan LOR - The guy saying Congratulations Citizen sound like a game show host.

I'm not playing the Price is Right!! I'm Playing Star Trek
  • eppeeeppee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I was able to get up to was very nicely done, very good klingon feel. I reported the bug that stopped me from progressing in the bug reports.

The method of progressing ranks is awesome, and something I had been begging for since launch :D.

I do feel if I am to use a Klingon dagger in a cut scene that I should have one on my toon, jus' sayin' :D lol.

I do feel there should be accolades based on if you go the talk first or shoot first approach.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, I get a really good feel of where you're going with this, but right now...it's a big steaming pile of "ugh" :D

1) Fed ship is visible during the cut-scene, which really kills the suspense. No worries, I know that's something that you'll fix.

2) Transitions between the gameplay and the cut scenes are extremely rough at the moment. For example, When I was in my bunk, I was able to very briefly see the downed crew members before the cut scene happened.

3) The rifle given to the player initially seems incredibly underpowered (or the NPC enemies are overpowered) compared to the Fed and Rom starting weapons, which seem to be more "one hit wonders". This slows down the combat of the entry level exchange, and thus makes the action come to a crawl.

4) Likewise, the dialogue overall seems to stop everything in it's tracks. I admire the voice over work, and the "Klingon-ness" of the whole thing, but it really doesn't flow very well. Klingon's are about actions, not words. I realize that there are certain things that need explaining, but this really grinds things to a halt.

Maybe all of my comments on the dialogue are colored by my understanding of the game since I've been playing since the beginning, but I think there's a lot of unnecessary "color" dialogue in there that would make even Worf roll his eyes.

I'm not saying it's all horrible, nor am I saying it should be as terse as "Good tea. Nice house." But I think if I was a Captain on a Klingon ship and my new first officer took so long to get the point I would very quickly be looking for a new first officer. :D

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to taking part in the entire progression though the Klingon ranks. Long overdue!
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Klingon Tutorial
    First City > Exiting the Prison: You can ?talk? to Thraak, but he has no dialogue?

Friend or Foe > Report to K?mtar: Reported to K?mtar, he said he?d speak to Sirella and that?s it, stuck at that point?

D'k tahg: Saw one used a few times in the tutorial, any chance we?ll get it as a melee weapon?
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get myself stuck in the Tutorial somehow.

[Tutorial]: Your New Command
    * Rescue the Seg'pa

does not progress. I do not know what I did to fail it in the first place but after logging out and coming back after the usual time for a proper map reset the Seg'pa now is gone missing. :D
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something that the Romulan tutorial does well is with regard to NPC dialogue. With brief pauses for our Captain to reply. Even with single sentence comments or a question to perpetuate the conversation. Which keeps the NPC dialogue from running on. But the KDF tutorial doesn't do this. They just keep talking and explaining to the point of almost running out of breath. The text does indicate a pause between sets of lines. Which should be better taken advantage of.

For example, when the ship is attacked, we get this long-winded communication from the First Officer. Lots of rattling bulkheads and distant weapon impacts all the while. This happens again following our sharing of the decoded message we loot off the Starfleet boarding party. We're being talked at. Not talked to.

Of course,
    this is a shared tutorial experience and player's will have to get past any my KDF Captain wouldn't talk like that sentiment. I realize that a KDF Captain can be any of the allied species within the Empire. Not just a Klingon. So the tone of our interjecting an observation or a question needs to be quick and without specific cultural language. Beyond some common Klingon commands or exclamation which would be shared between the allied Ferasan, Orion, Klingon, etc.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • noven2000noven2000 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread will cover the arcs "Empire" through "Vigilance". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.

The content is nice I have one question why aren't the KDF Faction Giving the opportunity to pick there boff specialty. And secondly will KDF lvl 50 players get the opportunity to get that bridge officer if they have reached lvl 50?
  • judus101judus101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dukedom01 wrote: »

* Rescue the Seg'pa

does not progress. I do not know what I did to fail it in the first place but after logging out and coming back after the usual time for a proper map reset the Seg'pa now is gone missing. :D

Same thing with me I am stuck and cannot progress. Rescue the Seg'pa.
  • elandur#0845 elandur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also stuck in the Tutorial but so far i like it. :)

The Disruptor Compression Pistol is still a buggy thing instead a real Klingon Disruptor how in the Icon. :(
    http://abload.de/img/kdf_disruptor_pistolekkb4.jpg
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noven2000 wrote: »
    The content is nice I have one question why aren't the KDF Faction Giving the opportunity to pick there boff specialty. And secondly will KDF lvl 50 players get the opportunity to get that bridge officer if they have reached lvl 50?

He is basically the Klingon version of Tovan Khev the Romulans get, but also leaves the Federation players behind who are still getting only basic white quality officers.

Edit: I also liked the tutorial, at least until the part were the Galaxy should appear but does not spawn. A nice touch are the knives in the back of the first officer, as it explains how the captain managed to win the "duel"
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not played too much of it yet, i stopped just before warping back to Qo'nos...

I have a great impression of the whole thing so far, it feels very klingon like with the dialogs, the action and so on.

A few things at random:

- transition between gameplay and cut scenes (and back) are very rough. At times, you can see the play scene before the cut scene loads up and play, someone noted the notorious transition to when you are on your rack, sleeping.

- Some of the VO or dialogs are missing or off sinc, especially a few related to that new 1st officer BO.

- Some incoherence on how things are staged. Say, I come to the brig and I have a room full of Klingon becks and starfleet assault team 'drinking tea', waiting for me to fire the first shot for them to duke it out.

- Please, let me sink that d'k tag myself in that petaQ of a captain myself :D I want to click the button, not seeing it in a cutscene. I know it can be done, you do that with that SB commander on the romulan side.

And to finish: THANK YOU CRYPTIC!
    This was such a joy to open the game with ZERO character on and start STO with a Klingon, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dukedom01 wrote: »

* Rescue the Seg'pa

Same here, stuck and cannot progress.

Also, the FED ship was visible during the prisoner exchange cutscene.

As for other things: I'd prefer the duel for command to be fought with melee weapons...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also cannot progress past "rescue the Seg'pa"...

After I went back to the Character Select screen and reloaded my Klingon, the Seg'pa wasn't there any more...

It's a shame that there is this bug, up to this I was really enjoying the new tutorial...
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems the Klingon mission Friend or Foe is bugged and can't be completed.

I have finished all the objectives and nothing. Can't turn in the mission and no direction on what to do next.
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, I'd like to congratulate Cryptic on finally providing the KDF with 1 through 20 content worthy of the Klingons. It's been 3 years in the making, and so far, it is living up to expectations.

I, too, suffered the bug in the "Rescue the Seg'pa" mission where the Galaxy Class ship, the Musashi, fails to spawn. One suggested fix is to ignore the hail and fly in, full impulse, either cloaked or de-cloaked.

A couple of other things I noticed during what part of the KDF tutorial I could do:

1)Klingon Ship debris looks like rocks in the crew quarters - It looked so out of place, it wasn't even funny. Where I expected to see parts of a ship, I literally saw molten rocks.

2)During the cutscene, after going to bed, I noticed my Klingon character floating above the bed while he slept. And then stood up through the top bunk before the cutscene switched to the gameplay screen. I sincerely hope this gets fixed.

3) The UI color scheme was set to Romulan, which is what I use on my Romulan character. While I love the UI LCARS scheme, with optional color schemes, I do not think that, what I use for one character, should be universally applied to all. It break the immersion. I want my Federation characters to use whatever Federation UI color scheme I choose, my Romulan/Reman characters to use their respective color schemes, and the Klingons should use the Kling/Orion/Gorn schemes, if so chosen. Please, make this possible. And fix the Ship/shield icon. It looks like it was drawn in MSPaint.net.

Otherwise, the Klingon Tutorials are on par with the Romulan ones. Great story, great dialogue. I now expect the Federation tutorial missions to get a massive overhaul to bring them on par with the KDF and RR.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once you get the KDF rescue mission's bug fixed. I'll be able to continue with the new KDF tutorial and let you know what my over all though are.

So far it remines me of Klingon Academy and that is a very good thing. If you can keep this type of feel through out the KDF.

Like you did with the Romulian tutorial. You'll be making alot of KDF players happy.

Now all you have to do is take a poll and see if the FED's Tutorial needs a bit of twiking.
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tutorial, 1st mission:

• The intruduction text after logging in a KDF char for the first time ("You are the second officer of the IKS...") should definitely NOT be spoken by the "computer voice" lady! It is a story text, not a tooltip, and sould be read by a Klingon voice.
    • The model of the pre-equipped hand gun is not that of a Klingon disruptor.
    • The prisoner-exchange cinematic is bugged. The Galaxy class vessel is visible all the time and doesn't move.
    • The duel with the captain HAS to be with BAT'LETHS only! This is integral. Any fresh KDF char alread seems to have a bat'leth in their inventory. Make it a melee-only trigger like in the arena on Nopada.
    • The death animation of the captain definitely needs sound effects.
    • K'Gan is not automatically slotted as BOff when first taking command of the Bird-of-Prey.

Tutorial, in the First City:

• First City needs an area map revamp like New Romulus or Virinat.
    • K'Gan (1st BOff received) looks EXACTLY (i.e., clone) like Ch'Gren (2nd BOff received)!!!
    • Although the Romulan tutorial does a very good job at making new Bridge Officers a more personal experience as part of rewards to missions that included them as NPCs, the KDF tutorial still needs some improvement here. The addition of the Gorn prison guard seems totally out of the blue and very artificial. Also, all the BOffs are still labeled as generic officer candidates and have to be clearly associated with NPCs encountered in the missions of which they are a reward.
    • The "Prison" map in the First City is completely redundant. It is tiny, boring and just an extra room requiring an extra loading screen with one single NPC contact in to exchange an extremely short dialogue with (This is also a typical error done by some Foundry authors ;)). Either make the Gorn Warden a remote contact OR expand on the prison map OR move the Gorn NPC someplace else in the First City. To me this part of the plot very much seems like it was intended to be much more (perhaps including an epic Klingon court scene :) ) but was cut short due to resources being allocated for the Romulan content instead.
    • Best things at last: I LOVE the Rura Penthe map and the away team costumes here (which I wanna see as mission reward as well as the Jackal Mastiff!) and I LOVE incorporating Frankling Drake into the KDF storyline :) However, I strongly suggest to have the mining laser, which is already available in-game (as seen in the asteroid mining dilithium grind), being used by at least some prisoners on Rura Penthe.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    I always felt something was missing now i know what it was :D too bad I'm stuck in tutorial well time for delete and recreate see if that will fix it,

just grab the disruptor pulsewave outta the locker or your Bat'leth from your inventory , hacking feds to peices since F2P :D

errors so far:

stuck in tutorial segh'pa disappeared
    fed ship was visible in intro cutscence
    shouldn't it be "assist the segh'pa" in destroying the petaQ federation galaxy class cruiser :P
    I don't have a mek'leth or dagger in my inventory (drats) :P
    1st officer duron referred to federation as feds, lol, don't know if I'd call it an error but thought it was hilarious

Good Hunting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the tutorial. It has a few bugs, like the Musashi being visible from the beginning of the first cutscene, but everyone else has covered all the bugs I encountered. I really enjoy the Federation prisoner, who I won't name for spoiler purposes, and the plot surrounding him is interesting. All the allusions to wanting to kill him are very amusing. I loved the voice acting for the prison warden in the tutorial. I was really disappointed when I encountered him again in a later mission and he didn't have a VO. I'm looking forward to concluding this arc. Overall this was really well done and felt very Klingon, the tutorial especially.

I didn't find anything wrong with the balance of these missions. They're all quite easy, as low level MMO content generally is. Everything died in 1 or 2 shots. The pacing of combat was quite swift.
  • crazypachydermcrazypachyderm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right at the beginning of the tutorial: the Engineer-specific objective in the crew quarters to seal the micro-breaches might be frustrating to a new player. The micro-breaches are invisible and there are no waypoints on the minimap, so you either need to wander around hoping to stumble into them or scan with the tricorder -- an action which hasn't been mentioned in the tutorial yet.
    Edit: Umm, unless it's mentioned in the help tooltips that I forgot that I turned off, in which case, never mind!
    edited May 2013
    Certain buildings in the First City are flickering in and out of existence.

http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/1/1f/Screenshot_STO_firstcity_bug.jpg

Furthermore: The signs in the First City swich from Klingonese to English way to soon, at a distance where they are not readable yet.

Both is already an issue on Holodeck.
  • judus101judus101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blagorm wrote: »
    Well... the FEDERATION ship was visible while the two Klingon ships were prisoner exchanging.... and I know that's not suppose to happen by the dialogue. Also... the other ship phased and that lookd weird as well. PLease check this out.

EDIT

There are also some dialoges missing as well from First Officer after you take control of ship.

---- EDIT 2
    Same with when you find the Sepla instead it is with the Spela Captian

EDIT 3

I created a second character to see if I could get past it and it happen again.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only error I hit was the Fed Galaxy being visible during the initial prisoner exchange. Everything else seemed smooth.

Great tutorial - very Klingon-y!
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Certain buildings in the First City are flickering in and out of existence.

http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/1/1f/Screenshot_STO_firstcity_bug.jpg[/url

This SHOULD be fixed already. Can you confirm it's actually still happening since the last build?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tutorial mission itself is very good, great story. Aside from some the problems mentioned (the Fed ship being visible before it should be, the Sep'ta not being at the location shown on the map, etc) the VO is so low I can't hear it over the music and sound effects. Adjusting the slider in the options panel didn't affect at all, and even with the sound off on the FX and music, it was far too low. Other than that, the Klingon side is very good.
  • hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blagorm wrote: »

EDIT

There are also some dialoges missing as well from First Officer after you take control of ship.

---- EDIT 2
    Same with when you find the Sepla instead it is with the Spela Captian

EDIT 3

I had similar issues; no distortion on the fed cruiser, but it was there. No lack of fed vessels to kill to save the Sepla.

I did get a brief klaxon and signs of fire right after selecting "go to sleep" before the fire and klaxons actually started.

Overall, nice cutscenes.

I was somewhat amused that my first task as a might WARRIOR of the Klingon Empire was...to sign off on some paperwork. Yeah.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tutorial: Tooltips interupt the dialogue with the voice acting in many places.

Ship somewhat feels more like a B'Rel interior, but I don't agree with the Crew Quarters, there is no way Klingons would sleep like that.

The space cutscene shows a Galaxy-class parked next to us during the prisoner scene, then we get attacked after we "wake up". Does not make sense.

Don't like using the term "Feds", in Star Trek they always said "The Federation".

Arrival at Qo'nos:

Nice new look, but Qo'nos itself is reflecting the Red from the Nebula.

Gorn Commander - nice VO and liked the lesson from the DS9 FE with gorniness. But the VO doesn't sound the same after you beam down. :confused:

Drake generiously walked into the cell, would've been better if they knocked him into it or said something to the effect "get in the cell, federation dog"

AWESOME Showing the Melee Chart. Now if you could make it readily available so we could bring it up months later after we forget. :D

Suspicious Activity: Haha punch the Ferengi clerk.

Ch'Gren - should have Emergency Shield 1 than Engineering Team 1.

Optional - not sure how you investigate when there are no options to complete it. Only thing else there was to do in the Exchange was plant the device and clock the Ferengi. This needs looked into.

The Hunt is On: There is missing storyline connecting the attack on the Prison and the attack on the Exchange.

Talking to the Tailor - I looked at the mannequins, the TOS one has the wrong Baldric / sash. The TOS Sash is the same exact one Worf wore in the first season, except it it was over the left shoulder (which the mannequin got right).

Shipyard Orion - check dialogue he says "looks at you up and down", instead of indication it's a text emote.

Space Chase- Getting Spammed by both Mr. Nimoy's Omega Leonis Dialogue and the Tutorial Voice Over.

Boreth Orbit - not sure what that blue trail is that's been added, but it clips into the top and bottom of the zone walls.

Drake's Dialogue - if the KDF are at war, how can Starfleet get this deep into Klingon Territory? Especially a fleet being undetected?

Manhunt: Would've been nice if there was a kind of intro/scene with you're arrival. Because you just are there at the prison.

And the warden's office is next to a force field? Seems like a problem if the power went out. Usually prison offices are in layers of security.

Also, you should have doors on the railing for the guards so they don't have to climb down into the population. That's just asking for trouble.

I don't recall Drake ever introducing himself in the dialogue. Did I miss something? Or did someone not add it to the story?

Nice touch with the explosion with Drake, but it doesn't feel like Rura Penthe from Star Trek 6, its like someone threw together a couple of halls and a hole in the wall. Foundry authors made Rura Penthe more realistic than this (no offense).

Though K'mtar (aka Future Alexander) is a nice touch and obviously going to go through the plot that ends up killing (or seemingly killing) Worf in the Firstborn and All Good Things storylines. Betting Drake is the one who provided the means to send Alexander back in time.

And loved the Ending with a touch of Star Trek 5 and Star Trek 6. Though you guys didn't have to copy the Warden's dialogue that closely, seems like plagarism. Nontheless, loved blowing them up.

Though one bit of suggestion, since we are put into temporary costumes, why not give us something more "warm" if you get my drift.

Friend or Foe: Yridian and Worf's dialogues seems real good and authentic.

Bringing down the House: Always wished you put Sirella in her Klingon Dress than a Warrior's attire.

The Parked BoP is not to scale. It needs to be 3x as large. Unless this is a shuttle BoP.

Heir we go again (Forcas): Worf just mysteriously appears, bad story telling having a character appear out of the blue.

After finding the Gun, you have "Talk to Worf" - as per the old version.

Then there was some massive confusion where you beam up and warp back to Qo'nos. IMHO, you should be able to continue the next mission right there instead of running back to Qo'nos, then running back to Forcas again.
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This SHOULD be fixed already. Can you confirm it's actually still happening since the last build?

Background buildings in the First City flickering in and out of existence
    does NOT happen anymore when looking up from the Challenge Floor (where it used to be the most annoying). But it STILL happens when you are in the R&D area of the First City.

The Klingon-English switch of the signs still happens so early, that no one will ever notice this effect in the first place (until a year ago or so, it did not switch that quickly. Back then they also slowly transitioned from Klingon into English upon approach, now it's just a hard switch).