Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• alexmavrosalexmavros Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the server will be online again?
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are giving us the players something else. Another Rep system to grind grind grind when LOR launches. :)
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, NWO uses gerbils but that's because they have the upgraded servers. We use tribbles here at STO.

Sure they are borgified and all so they are super strong and all that. But, like all tribbles they have no legs.

Makes spinning the hamster wheel to generate power a little tricky. They try rolling, but it just doesn't work so well.

Maybe we should get a kickstarter going to upgrade to assimilated gerbils.

hahaha Exactly what i was thinking XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a be patient and stop complaining post, I do another shot ! ;)

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattyou4 wrote: »
    we demand compensation !!!!!!!!!! for taking the p...s

Agreed, im a developer for an Emulatored version of Earth and Beyond, if you remember the game from 2002, westwood studios. Our EMULATOR never goes down this often.

Its fricken ridiculous.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone care to take bets on how long it will take for them to fix it this time? I'm betting around 18 hours.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Cmon you cant be serious...
    john98837 wrote: »
    Hardware issues can be caused by overtaxing servers by adding another game on already over taxed servers. Could be unrelated I suppose, but i doubt it. Launch NW beta and we start getting lag issues that same day, 2 days later the servers fail, then another failure the next day, you can take your own guess as to the cause.

My guess, not enough packet transport capacity in the core router, or the load balancer.
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    looks like all servers are down but one http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

i didnt even have any doff missions running on my main kdf i just loged on n collected them

Same one last night so probably 5+ hours of downtime again. YAY!
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alonys wrote: »
    I played Sim City for 24 years and didn't buy the new one because of the server nonsense, this is one of the few MMO's I still play because it was one of the few stable ones, I'm starting to see that online gaming is just too complex for corporate America to handle.

I tend to agree.

I regretted buying Civilization 5 once I found out that you can't play without an active Internet connection (which I didn't have when I was unemployed) and for that reason I didn't buy Sim City's reboot game.

Online gaming is a customer driven business, the same as any other utility if you will. Phone, Electric, Water, Sewer, etc. Cryptic as the company providing the service, needs to be able to reliably offer that service, otherwise they won't stay in business.

If Beta Testing on another game is causing this, then Cryptic needs to be thinking about seperating their servers. Causing outages in their profit making games, for a game that isn't making profit (yet) is just bad business.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that was funny:P
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was playing for about 40 mins then then it went down
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't that always down though?

no it is connected to the server. it went back up last night when they started to reboot the server. someone needs to ger branflakes person cell number..... we need this fixed took them over 5 hours last night and it only stayed up for a whole 25 hours
  • coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexmavros wrote: »

never ever.
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: why do most people here like the cryptic employee "Branflakes". So far all I hear from him is how tirelessly everyone is working and how they steadily improving the game, but for me the game gets worse and worse every month> I give a rats TRIBBLE if my graphic is better since I can't enjoy my graphic when I get disconnected. The guy is just a used car salesman telling us how beautiful everything is.
  • mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQ2wq_kir0

Family Guy - Wil Wheaton

'hey did you hook-up with Whoopi Goldberg on the show?'
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexmavros wrote: »

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, they usually take ages.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • callen151callen151 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry guys, was playing with my new Yellowstone hangar pets, didnt mean to crash the server xD
  • darkmike1986darkmike1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So once again a failure has occured... Thank god i play other MMO's that actually do have stable games and servers and less failures than Cryptic by a long shot... I know STO is free to play but if your gonna continue to support an MMO, F2P or not... Please do something different so that these events/crashes dont happen every other day...

Your biggest fail is that every game launcher and/or servers are tied together so if you look at the math, you have thousands, if not millions of players between all the games and you lose many who get pissed off every time you guys fail... bad for gaming and bad for business plain and simple... i do not mean any disrespect by posting this... it is simply the facts...
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damn...ah well this gave me a reason to go to sleep hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its my fault, I lost my job, and they don't want me to be lazy and not find a new one.
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok all...check the othe posts....we are down again.......i repute my support for Cryptic......get my server back up and running....any 5 year old can maintain a server cluster better than this...sheshhhh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone check the facebook.
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got any new gorn jokes? lol
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wonder how many pages long this one will be
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My guess, not enough packet transport capacity in the core router, or the load balancer.

Sounds like technobabble.

"Maybe if we re-route the motherboard through the graphics card, in order to generate a positive ion charge to kick-start the system. . ."
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same one last night so probably 5+ hours of downtime again. YAY!

Your assuming anyone is even awake to notice its down, i wouldn't be surprised to not see us backup for 7 or 8 hours this time.
  • countryghostcountryghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is no way as bad as it was 2 and a half years ago when it would crash several times a day. I remember it going down 12 times in 16 hrs. You talk about being mad!!!
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    (...).

Remember when STO launched? It took out CO and a few other games for hours on end. NW beta launches and the same thing happens. So, in a way NW is as responsible as the fact that they need a better host system because it obviously cannot handle the load.

You mean when we are waiting in the quere soon (2976 of 19467) to enjoy LOR we will be influencing all other cryptic games? pls tell me that isnt true...!
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a be patient and stop complaining post, I do another shot ! ;)

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party

You better have plennnnnty of tequila... and I do like your way of thinking :D
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lies

This discussion has been closed.