test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

romulans, klingons

sparklsparkl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
how do i get to be a romulan or klingon in tribble as it always says i dont have premissin
Post edited by sparkl on

Comments

• Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to be invited into the Closed Beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how do i get an invite
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic sends you an e-mail. If you haven't done anything on Tribble prior to this, you didn't get an invite. They say they're going to send more invites out soon, and that there will be an open beta... but it's all "soon"
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invites were sent out to people who are active on Tribble.

If you didn't get an invite then you might get one in the next week, otherwise you'll have to wait till the open beta that will be a week or two before release.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ok so how can i be a klingon then as i can only make fed characters invites where random as other posts say
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sparkl wrote: »
    ok so how can i be a klingon then as i can only make fed characters invites where random as other posts say

No one can create a Klingon on Tribble, while they are being revamped. Not even the closed beta testers. If you have a Klingon on live, you can transfer it over and test some of the new material, but you can't actually create a new one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how can you transfer a character to tribble
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here is the tribble FAQ it will answer all your questions on transferring and others you may have

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=280511
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how can romulan ships be in fed space when they arent allies anymore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fed aligned romulans they can use fed social zones
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    romulans shouldnt be allowed at earth space sine they arent fed that should be stopped
  • Options
    admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As what was said before, Romulans that have Allied themselves with the Federation are granted access to Federation Social Zones, Ships, and Equipment. Same with those that are Allied with the Klingons. It plays its role with the new Romulan Story missions and that's not going to change.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how do you allie with the feds or klingons
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Once you reach Lvl 10 on a Romulan Character you will get a mission, after that mission you will be asked to choose a side, either Federation or Klingon, once you make this choice you cannot change it and you are locked unless you make a new character.

Once you pick a side you get access to their ships and social zones, and can team with members of that faction for missions and PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    when will romulans come on holodeck
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    may 21st

/10 char
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will romulans come on holodeck

May 21, naturally. :)

I believe I read that you can make Romulans on Tribble about a week before (May 14).

ETA: ninja'd by a few secons. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you make a romulan on tribble can you transfer it to the holodeck. If you cant then whats the point of being on holodeck you can just stay on tribble
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    no you can''t and the point is tht tribble is a TEST server, for you know, testing stuff before it goes live and general consumption. So as to not entirely break the game when released.
  • Options
    comitatuscomitatus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have play tested Romulan characters up on Tribble, and its kinda cool because once you pick your allegiance, you get a bridge officer from that faction. I chose FED, so I got a male tactical boff who was at least a blue, so it was none too shabby. Still not as good as the purple one you get that is kinda story lined to be your first officer. Its pretty funny to roll up to ESD on my warbird.
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    comitatus wrote: »
    I have play tested Romulan characters up on Tribble, and its kinda cool because once you pick your allegiance, you get a bridge officer from that faction. I chose FED, so I got a male tactical boff who was at least a blue, so it was none too shabby. Still not as good as the purple one you get that is kinda story lined to be your first officer. Its pretty funny to roll up to ESD on my warbird.

Yeah never thought id see the day Romulan fleets in orbit of Earth...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah never thought id see the day Romulan fleets in orbit of Earth...
    I think they had to do it because of the story line...you sorta get ham-stringed into the Republic or the Empire. If you roll TalShiar...it'd be cool to be a sneak on ESD mission...lol. Logistically it'd be a nightmare for them to build a whole new starbase and what not. I do happen to think that aligning with a faction and then a fleet for that side is a good move though...I'd hate to think of building a third starbase when there is two needing my stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whats the point in having a romulan character on holodeck if you have already seen the story with all three classes on tribble you can just play on tribble then
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whats the point in having a romulan character on holodeck if you have already seen the story with all three classes on tribble you can just play on tribble then
    Its in Beta still...stuff will change, it always does. I like playing the Rommies...your story goes back in time till before New Romulus and I'm sure they'll tweak stuff up that is different. It is annoying having to start again...but so is paying taxes so...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Tribble characters can get deleted at any moment by the Dev Team if they see fit to do so, the point of Holodeck is to have a Stable Build of the game where you can play and do whatever you want that's mostly bug free, Tribble is always changing and being updated with new items, features, etc, to test so once it goes out to Holodeck there are very few bugs, and everything is balanced and not overpowered.

Also not all of the features are unlocked for testing or are being privately tested by the Dev Team so you will never get all the content on the Test Server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whats it like to be a romulan on the game. also whats the point in being part of fed or klingon as romulans should be there own faction
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its a lot of fun, however is this isn't the finished build of the Expansion there are a lot of bugs that need to get hammered out, and things do need to get balanced before anything gets released on Holodeck.

You have to play the story to understand why, and they are their own Faction, the Alliance with the Federation or Klingons is mainly a story point, however it does grant you gear and other unlocks that you wouldn't be able to get any other way at the moment. However that could change in the future in another Update/Expansion to the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    why choose fed or klingons as an allies while playing a romulan
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You have no choice, you have to, its part of the storyline.

I'll leave it at that, so as not to ruin the experience for you.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have a level 50 character in the game? If so, have you done any of the Romulan Republic content with said character? If so, then you understand why the Romulan Republic has an alliance with Feds and KDF.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.