test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 2, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 2nd, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will happen for those who did not complete the 14 shard objective? Will the event be brought back later so it can be completed or some scaled down reward be given in its place?
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will happen for those who did not complete the 14 shard objective? Will the event be brought back later so it can be completed or some scaled down reward be given in its place?
    For that matter...

Since active projects - Crystalline Catastrophe included - can't be changed or canceled, will it block those who didn't manage the fourteen shards from being able to take part in other event rep projects?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think Cryptic is having any other events from now till LOR, and when LOR starts you will be able to cancel projects.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013

If you are not able to complete it before the event ends, you need not to worry about it for now :) Having an unfinished event project slotted will in no way be a detriment to you at this time. When we eventually introduce a new event project, we should have a solution available for players to pursue and we'll make every effort to inform the community about it before action is needed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this patch address the connectivity issues people are having, or is it still being investigated?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Will this patch address the connectivity issues people are having, or is it still being investigated?

now don't be silly as it would not be STO without the repeated server problems that we hate , cryptic are only interested in ramming new content into a broken engine which is riddled with bugs is it not ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »

Good Question.

For me ... trying to load ...Earth Space Dock and Academy on Holodeck and Foundry has been prevented. I usually get 34 - 40 % before using the "Task Manager" to close the unresponsive game.

However .. my Klingon side appears to be unaffected. Qo'noS , Ship-yard and Academy load ..with lag. BUT otherwise playable.
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good Question.

For me ... trying to load ...Earth Space Dock and Academy on Holodeck and Foundry has been prevented. I usually get 34 - 40 % before using the "Task Manager" to close the unresponsive game.

However .. my Klingon side appears to be unaffected. Qo'noS , Ship-yard and Academy load ..with lag. BUT otherwise playable.

Sure its not an ISP issue and not a Cryptic issue? About 80-90% of the time if I have problems with lag or server time out is because the internet went down on my end or went down briefly then came back up online, but was still enough to cause a server disconnect. When the game is laggy I tab the game and test a browser. If the browser is running slow I know its the internet and not their end. If that still doesn't resolve your issue try closing out and using Task manager to close out all non-essential programs and turn off your Anti-virus software and firewalls. As soon as your done playing you can turn them right back on. A defragment of the hard drive or deleting of old files and programs that you don't use can help speed some things along and allow your ram and processor to be more efficient. Try all of these first. If that still doesn't resolve the problem then come back and file a complaint or ticket to Cryptic. Just cover all your bases first before blaming someone for a problem that they may have no control over.

Edit: Almost forgot; Set your graphics setting down using the options menu under video settings and move it to the recommended or mid/low end setting if its on the high or max end setting. It will make the game look more blocky and lesser quality but it will help the game run much faster especially if you are on a low to low-mid end machine (3 years or older). If balloons are causing increased lag you can 'turn them off' by adjusting the physics objects to 0 from 100 which is set by default. This will clear the balloons, but some obstacles and objects may not be visible or be significantly altered so be aware of that.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...don't mean to gripe but I had 3 toons timed down to 2 hrs prior to the CC event ending and you guys go for maintenance right before it ends? A little foresight and doing the maintenance after the event is over would have been dare I say logical?

At the least extend the end time of the event by the 3hrs we'll lose prior to event end. Might be able to squeeze it in at lunch! :)

Not to sound selfish or anything, I just cant imagine I'm the only one.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So glad to see that New Romulus mission finally getting fixed! Several times I tried that and it was consistently broken, as soon as you completed the area it told you to help, the mission would reset, and you would be unable to turn it in. I know it's only 5 Romulan Marks, but even 5 extra can be handy sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about repairing permamute-chat-bug?
  • Options
    kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will the bugs be fixed for hand positioning for the antiproton weapons they must have been like this since launch day
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    varthelm wrote: »
    Wow...don't mean to gripe but I had 3 toons timed down to 2 hrs prior to the CC event ending and you guys go for maintenance right before it ends? A little foresight and doing the maintenance after the event is over would have been dare I say logical?

At the least extend the end time of the event by the 3hrs we'll lose prior to event end. Might be able to squeeze it in at lunch! :)

yeah same here, really not happy about taking those hours off the in game announced time.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have never complained about sto before but i really feel cheated that i can't get the 14 shard due to maitenece. you should really extend the event until at least tommorrow for us who get cheated out of this.
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are not able to complete it before the event ends, you need not to worry about it for now :) Having an unfinished event project slotted will in no way be a detriment to you at this time. When we eventually introduce a new event project, we should have a solution available for players to pursue and we'll make every effort to inform the community about it before action is needed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

well unless its partial credit or another shot at it, I do not intend to cancel said project I will just not participate in any other event projects
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kras1701kras1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same here I have 3 at 13 shards. Awesome!
  • Options
    warriorviperwarriorviper Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that the Crystalline Event has ended, and we do NOT lose our progress, when will the next event occur??

I received 13 crystal shards, one short of the event requirement. :(
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance is ALWAYS around this time every week, and it has ALWAYS cut events short like that as a result.

Perhaps it would have been wise if you had employed some foresight yourself and not procrastinated until the last minute. Procrastination is rarely a good gameplan for life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tribble time:D
    After i update yesterday patch:o
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    dadolecdadolec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance is ALWAYS around this time every week, and it has ALWAYS cut events short like that as a result.

Perhaps it would have been wise if you had employed some foresight yourself and not procrastinated until the last minute. Procrastination is rarely a good gameplan for life.

Then they should have known and announced the timelimit 3 hours earlier. I for one didn't know it and lost the last shard due to it.
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can we talk about how it was marketed that it runs till 1PM EST; but in actuality ran till 9am EST? False advertising much?

You're not.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What about those who weren't able to start it because of connectivity issues ? My game's been down 3 weeks because of launcher/patch issues, will I have the opportunity to participate in this event ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    radefoxradefox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

THIS +1

When you advertise an event is going on until 10am PST on 5/2, you are telling us we can PLAY the event until its end time.

I woke up this morning to go for my last crystal before 10, and lo.... You had decided to start maint at 6am! Effectively cutting the event short by 4 hours!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is the first time i felt disappointment regarding STO :(
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like an awfully long downtime for a couple of minor things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    radefox wrote: »
    THIS +1

When you advertise an event is going on until 10am PST on 5/2, you are telling us we can PLAY the event until its end time.

I woke up this morning to go for my last crystal before 10, and lo.... You had decided to start maint at 6am! Effectively cutting the event short by 4 hours!

that really sucks pal :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gostdajtinkgostdajtink Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    radefox wrote: »
    THIS +1

Absolutely. I for one don't know when maintenance occurs because I am usually asleep during that time. I went by the event timeline and figured I would wake up early to finish it off only to see scheduled maintenance. Missing completion by one shard.

I also think these missions need displayable timers as well. I can't always log in at specific times during the "day" so my 20 hours can start or end times that don't match PDT (I'm on Hawaii Standard Time) leaving me with the possibility of being short. A timer would help me better gauge.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dadolec wrote: »
    This is the first time i felt disappointment regarding STO :(

Thats a feeling your going to have to get used to with STO
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Thats a feeling your going to have to get used to with STO

I don't think so, next time I'll leave and never look back.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch is online, downloading now...

Maybe they finally learned Scotties trick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
This discussion has been closed.