test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plea for an Updated tWoK Uniform

sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
Way back in the day, I got my Monster Maroon (Wrath of Khan-era) uniform from the codes in the Star Trek DVD's. I have learned that you also put them in the C-Store for purchase. I have one big problem with them: there is only 1 rank option. In the movies, we saw almost every rank represented on these jackets, but in-game we can only use the captain pin with no rank selection.

As someone who does light RP, this presents a problem for all my admiral characters who want to wear them. This is one of my favorite uniforms from the series, and I would really like to see it updated (so much so that I would even shill out the $5 to buy and updated version in the C-Store in addition to my current free unlock just to get the ability to change ranks). Here are some of my ideas:

1. Add the ability to change ranks. This would probably just entail adding some new pin shapes to the tailor uniform selections.
2. Add the ability for RA LH and above to add the gold pipings that were seen around the edges of the uniform in the movies.
3. Add the extra band on the cuff above the division-color band for RA LH and above like in the movies.
4. Add the ability for VA's to put service pin configurations on their uniform like how Cartwright and the C-in-C had in STVI.
"Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
Post edited by sarek93 on

Comments

• herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sarek93 wrote: »
    Way back in the day, I got my Monster Maroon (Wrath of Khan-era) uniform from the codes in the Star Trek DVD's. I have learned that you also put them in the C-Store for purchase. I have one big problem with them: there is only 1 rank option. In the movies, we saw almost every rank represented on these jackets, but in-game we can only use the captain pin with no rank selection.

As someone who does light RP, this presents a problem for all my admiral characters who want to wear them. This is one of my favorite uniforms from the series, and I would really like to see it updated (so much so that I would even shill out the $5 to buy and updated version in the C-Store in addition to my current free unlock just to get the ability to change ranks). Here are some of my ideas:

1. Add the ability to change ranks. This would probably just entail adding some new pin shapes to the tailor uniform selections.
    2. Add the ability for RA LH and above to add the gold pipings that were seen around the edges of the uniform in the movies.
    3. Add the extra band on the cuff above the division-color band for RA LH and above like in the movies.
    4. Add the ability for VA's to put service pin configurations on their uniform like how Cartwright and the C-in-C had in STVI.

I second this..this is the main reason that I have not purchased this uniform as much as I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zachzero87zachzero87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Additions and further customization on the Monster Maroon jackets would actually be great. Though, to the point of having service pin configurations... were they not virtually identical to the "ribbon racks" that modern military servicemembers wear on their uniforms?

In that case, since the graphics exist, allow various Accolades to be worn as ribbons on such a rack?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are actually willing to pay once more for content that is in the game for years and has never worked properly to be fixed finally? Seriously?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • zachzero87zachzero87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You are actually willing to pay once more for content that is in the game for years and has never worked properly to be fixed finally? Seriously?

Well, in the interest of actually generating constructive criticism...

... I'd like to see an update of the existing item. Though, if they chose to release it as a paid release, that's up to them.

That said, be constructive, or at least try to be.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh obviously I'd much rather they just update the existing one and I get all the new shinies for free. That statement was basically there so the marketing department doesn't just go "wait update things we won't make money on? Trash." Also I totally agree that they should let us wear our accolades as service ribbons.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock