test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

See-through skirt glitch

paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I'll bet this one will get a lot of people's attention... Call it Star Trek: Voyeur. ;)

One of my toons is a female with a short tight skirt, and I've noticed a rather... interesting graphical glitch each time I log her into the game. It seems that when she first appears on screen, her skirt doesn't fully materialize until about a second after the rest of her. In the meantime, well, as Zefram Cochrane once put it, "I love a good peep show."

Note that this only happens immediately after login, not when she beams onto a ground/interior map from the ship. I've also noticed the reverse occurring on the character selection screen; during the beamout effect, her skirt disappears one second before the rest of her.

I'm running an HP Pavilion desktop with Win8 Pro, an AMD A10-5700 APU and Radeon HD 7660D graphics card.

Anyone else noticing this with their skirted female toons?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, and I notice that not only on my skirted toon, but any other toon that happens to beam in/out wearing a skirt. Toons that are not wearing a skirt do not demonstrate similar problem.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been meaning to have a word with my transporter officer about that .. :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Happens with my character (who wears trousers) every now and then. It's just the outfit loading a split second after the character, nothing necessarily "buggy". :)
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the real question here is: can we have this effect applied to the rest of the clothing?

:p
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grievas wrote: »
    the real question here is: can we have this effect applied to the rest of the clothing?

I dunno, are they anatomically correct? I for one would rather not find out I am not fully equipped to play my gender role.:mad:
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well, they seem to have underware on. so one can assume...

My girls' skirts are the same way, but they seem to do it on any map move where they fade/transport, not just load screen.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's not a glitch, that's the best feature ever!
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i like this feature and hope it does not get nerfed now.
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But my fabric discriminator says you aren't wearing any underwear!

;)

It must be an hour fast.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magnadoodlemagnadoodle Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    I 'enjoyed' this attention attracting eye-candy bug for a long time, but I never ever would have reported it!!! :D
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grievas wrote: »

this plz +1 very much so lol :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll bet this one will get a lot of people's attention... Call it Star Trek: Voyeur. ;)

One of my toons is a female with a short tight skirt, and I've noticed a rather... interesting graphical glitch each time I log her into the game. It seems that when she first appears on screen, her skirt doesn't fully materialize until about a second after the rest of her. In the meantime, well, as Zefram Cochrane once put it, "I love a good peep show."

Note that this only happens immediately after login, not when she beams onto a ground/interior map from the ship. I've also noticed the reverse occurring on the character selection screen; during the beamout effect, her skirt disappears one second before the rest of her.

I'm running an HP Pavilion desktop with Win8 Pro, an AMD A10-5700 APU and Radeon HD 7660D graphics card.

Anyone else noticing this with their skirted female toons?

See-through is not a bug it's a new feature for us. :cool:
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO it's a lot more interesting now :D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everything is working as intended.
  • johnnyjohnny1969johnnyjohnny1969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

My first thought upon reading this was, "Bug or not.....why would you report this?"

and then I remembered...

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

:cool:
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bug has been around since the start, my first char ( 2 months after launch ) had it : and still does!