test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Incentives for Fed/Klin to get Rom. Legacy Pack

antiquarian#8167 antiquarian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hello,

I have this crazy habit of spending lots of money on online games.

As it stands now, there is absolutely no reason for single-character-oriented player to purchase the Legacy Pack (of course, excluding those who wants to create a Romulan player from a scratch.)

The legacy pack costs $130 or so and I would not be hesitant to buy it as long as it has some kind of unique item pertaining to the Pack.

For those who are not inclined to start a new character, would you be able to add some kind of additional "unique rewards" so you can incentivize others with some disposable income to purchase the Pack?
Post edited by antiquarian#8167 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The unique rewards in the packs are the Titles and the 30% discount - and in the case of the Legacy Pack you also get a unique Doff Pack that won't be available in the C-Store.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It would be illogical - they want you play multiple characters so you have an incentive to buy all the goodies, not just the stuff for your faction.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure the package is a lock and won't be changed. If you don't want to start another toon, have some patience. I'm sure there will be plenty more for you to spend your $$ on in the future.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What ? you are not interested in grinding up new toon in different skin ? :cool: but more seriously, it is a free expansion, more options. If it's not for you, it is for someone else. It's good to see the game actually expands, and from what I have seen on tribble, the Romulan faction is well done. At least the early stages. :)
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gounkim wrote: »
    Hello,

I have this crazy habit of spending lots of money on online games.

As it stands now, there is absolutely no reason for single-character-oriented player to purchase the Legacy Pack (of course, excluding those who wants to create a Romulan player from a scratch.)

The legacy pack costs $130 or so and I would not be hesitant to buy it as long as it has some kind of unique item pertaining to the Pack.

For those who are not inclined to start a new character, would you be able to add some kind of additional "unique rewards" so you can incentivize others with some disposable income to purchase the Pack?

The target audience are romulan fans with a tad too much money in their pocket. So, if you are not interested to switch your single char playstyle to a romulan or expand to a new char its not meant to attract you.

*feels kind of stupid now to point ot blatant obvious stuff*
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP is right that if you only play a single character and/or only Fed or KDF, then there's little incentive to get the pack. It was designed for people who plan on playing Romulans, were going to get a number of C-Store ships (and thus enjoy the discount), and more than likely play multiple characters (since most of the the things are account-wide unlock, not per-character). If it's not for you then that just means you have $130 you can spend on something else. :)
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's called a Romulan pack. Not a Romulan-with-other-stuff-for-Federation-and-Klingons Pack. If you don't plan on playing a Romulan, then it's $130 you aren't tempted to spend - isn't that a good thing?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    right now i dont think any of us is putting any money on the legacy pack without more concrete stats of what each ship is on paper along with many other bits of information to find out if spending 130 dollars is worth it for the pack.

it would be like buying a racing car from an ownership for 2 million pounds to find out its an old scrapheap, on a overgrown grass field long since melded with the grass, the whole thing is rusted with no components inside and the whole thing is wood and thin flimsy metal from almost 100 years ago, and to make matters worse if you put the bid in for it without knowing you get, you cant get your refund back.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wont even consider buying the "Legacy of Romulus" pack until they square away my 1 year recurring paid subscription that somehow hasn't been renewed. :mad::mad::mad:
    edited April 2013
    I wont even consider buying the "Legacy of Romulus" pack until they square away my 1 year recurring paid subscription that somehow hasn't been renewed. :mad::mad::mad:
    Cryptic doesn't offer 1 year Subs any more. The longest you can buy is 6 months. That's why it hasn't been renewed. You need to decide if you want a 6 month renewal or not.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    right now i dont think any of us is putting any money on the legacy pack without more concrete stats of what each ship is on paper along with many other bits of information to find out if spending 130 dollars is worth it for the pack.

You are wrong. Already purchased.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i hope your right for the money you thrown into it. i dont have as much faith in cryptic as you do.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited April 2013
    i hope your right for the money you thrown into it. i dont have as much faith in cryptic as you do.
    I think most of us long-timers have been hearing that same thing since about 2 weeks after launch. If I had a dollar for every time I heard how STO was going to be dead in a few months I'd have LTSes for my whole family. :)
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with the OP. I play FED only (I don't even have a KDF chara) while I DO have 4 chara on FEDs, I don't see myself making a romulan anytime soon. So for me, it is not much a pack :)

I am not in any way saying the pack is bad. It is just not for me. It is a good deal for anyone who WANTS to play a Romulan since there are many ships that you can use while you level up.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Cryptic doesn't offer 1 year Subs any more. The longest you can buy is 6 months. That's why it hasn't been renewed. You need to decide if you want a 6 month renewal or not.

I have been a 1 year subber since Beta. PWE has owned the game for what, two years plus? If they halted my subscription because they wanted to stop honoring the 1 year subscriptions (which was offered to orignal beta players for the entirety of the games existence) they should have sent an email or something. I have put in a message with customer support with PWE since it hasn't automatically resubbed (which this is the first time in nearly four rears it didn't do this) and they havent informed me of anything. Only way I knew there was a problem was that I didn't get my stipend in the second week of the month. Now it says I am inactive. They need to communicate with customers if they are going to do something like this. I was subbed for 1,166 continuous days before this happened.
    edited April 2013
    I have been a 1 year subber since Beta. PWE has owned the game for what, two years plus? If they halted my subscription because they wanted to stop honoring the 1 year subscriptions (which was offered to orignal beta players for the entirety of the games existence) they should have sent an email or something. I have put in a message with customer support with PWE since it hasn't automatically resubbed (which this is the first time in nearly four rears it didn't do this) and they havent informed me of anything. Only way I knew there was a problem was that I didn't get my stipend in the second week of the month. Now it says I am inactive. They need to communicate with customers if they are going to do something like this. I was subbed for 1,166 continuous days before this happened.
    Sounds more like a ego issue then anything else. STO changed their Sub policy and you're too proud to accept that change. So be it. No skin off my back one way or the other. :)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That's like saying: I don't like driving. But I would buy this brand-new Ferrari if only it came with a unique keychain that nobody else has.
  • antiquarian#8167 antiquarian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    szim wrote: »
    That's like saying: I don't like driving. But I would buy this brand-new Ferrari if only it came with a unique keychain that nobody else has.

Are you just plain stupid or what? We are not here complaining and moaning about the lack of contents post purchase. We are talking about the fact that for single-character oriented players, there is almost no reason for us to purchase the pack.

There are dozens, if not, hundreds of folks like us with some disposable income and we are asking Cryptic to add more "rewards" specific to this pack, so those who do not care about Romulans have every reasons to buy em. Cryptic adds couple more additional items and crazy folks like us are willing to dish in $130. That is a win-win situation for ALL the involved parties. More cash flow for Cryptic, more quality game contents, which eventually leads to happy players. I do not understand why you decided to be so stupid and leave this kind of nonsensical postings. Think before you write anything idiotic again.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Free UR Romulan boff claimable for ALL factions!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Free UR Romulan boff claimable for ALL factions!

Even the most frivolous spender would not purchase the pack just for a doff.

This entire expansion is awesome for those who like to have multiple characters, but for many of us who focus only on single character, this ENTIRE EXPANSION is meaning.

Add something truly unique so people like us are willing to buy the pack!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can't make every player happy, I don't see why your complaining...this pack is for the Romulan faction and if you refuse to play anything but one character why do you even give a damn?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a partypoop to this whine-fest...

I have been a one-character-person. I did, at one point, create a Klink character. Mostly for the benefits of aquiring contraband.
    I have never been very interested in Klink, so I haven't bothered spending time on one. Trying to get one single fed to be explorer of all known corners of the galaxy takes time and patience. It seems that my patience will be put on the test now...
    I bought the Legacy pack. Yes, I did. Playing as a Reman former slave suits me just perfect.
    Incentive for the Fed/KDF? Why would I want that? -This is a Rom/Rem-pack. There is nothing to it. If I had the same lack of interest in the rom/rem as i have for the kdf, I surely would NOT buy the pack. I would propably hardly look at their options in C-store, as they appear. So You people out there that are complaining over not wanting to spend your monnies on stuff you don't want. Your all very welcome to donate them to my paypal account instead. PM me for info. :D
    /Floozy
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are you just plain stupid or what? We are not here complaining and moaning about the lack of contents post purchase. We are talking about the fact that for single-character oriented players, there is almost no reason for us to purchase the pack.

There are dozens, if not, hundreds of folks like us with some disposable income and we are asking Cryptic to add more "rewards" specific to this pack, so those who do not care about Romulans have every reasons to buy em. Cryptic adds couple more additional items and crazy folks like us are willing to dish in $130. That is a win-win situation for ALL the involved parties. More cash flow for Cryptic, more quality game contents, which eventually leads to happy players. I do not understand why you decided to be so stupid and leave this kind of nonsensical postings. Think before you write anything idiotic again.

You were and are saying the pack has almost nothing that interests you but you would buy it anyways if only there was something unique in it. Some "goodies" as you say. If you are so desperate to get rid of your "disposable" (or rather dispensable? :D) income spend it on something you really like. I recommend some books.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't really get why people who primarily play single characters would be upset about the pack not appealing to them. If you aren't going to play a Romulan, congrats you have $130 you can spend elsewhere. If you feel that the pack has too much stuff you don't want, buy the items individually from C-Store in late May. For those who want something unique, this pack already has such items. There is no problem here -- you don't have to buy every single thing Cryptic sells. :)
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    edited April 2013
    And I do not understand why you guys think my "complaining" is a futile and hopeless attempt.

I am here with disposable income, who likes to collect random unique stuff, and willing to spend real cash to finance this game and here you guys are, telling those that it is pointless?

Do you guys realize that this Romulan pack is an "expansion" of sort and it has almost nothing for those who play single characters except the tholian reputation thingy?

I am here asking useless stuff to infuse more cash into Cryptic and here you guys are, telling me to fk off. I am proposing a win-win situation for all of the parties involved here.
    edited April 2013
    And I do not understand why you guys think my "complaining" is a futile and hopeless attempt.

I am here with disposable income, who likes to collect random unique stuff, and willing to spend real cash to finance this game and here you guys are, telling those that it is pointless?

Do you guys realize that this Romulan pack is an "expansion" of sort and it has almost nothing for those who play single characters except the tholian reputation thingy?

I am here asking useless stuff to infuse more cash into Cryptic and here you guys are, telling me to fk off. I am proposing a win-win situation for all of the parties involved here.
    I've heard rumors that Cryptic will be coming out with a Founders Pack for Fed players in the future. I'm sure they'll have a KDF Pack of some sort too. Save your disposable income for those.

Not everything being sold at any moment in time is for everyone.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Not everything being sold at any moment in time is for everyone.

This.

If you're a Yankees fan, you don't go and buy Red Sox merchandise simply because there's a sale on some shiny stuff. That's the equivalent of what the Legacy Pack is.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If Cryptic made a KDF founders pack i would love if it had Enterprise era BOP as a starter ship.

This.

If you're a Yankees fan, you don't go and buy Red Sox merchandise simply because there's a sale on some shiny stuff. That's the equivalent of what the Legacy Pack is.

Not completely true, As a Yankee fan myself I've been know to by Red Sox gear to spray paint Sucks on the end of it.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2013
    Once again, just to reiterate, Cryptic has an opportunity to make additional money here from those who do not care about Romulans.

They are missing out.
    edited April 2013
    Once again, just to reiterate, Cryptic has an opportunity to make additional money here from those who do not care about Romulans.

They are missing out.
    You're saying the same thing every KDF player on the forum says every time a new Fed item is released into the C-Store. :)

The Legacy and Starter Packs are about Romulans. Just grit your teeth and deal with the fact that the Feds aren't the center of the universe for a couple of weeks. I'm sure there will be new stuff in the C-Store for you to buy soon. :)