test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black or Green faces, flickering textures

aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues

DX11 and maximum settings in game.

CPU: Intel i5 3570K, MOBO: Asrock Z77 Pro 4 (v1.70), RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1.35v, SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 120 GB, GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 TI FPB (314.22 WHQL), OS: W8 Pro x64
Post edited by aexrael on

Comments

• melvintje20melvintje20 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem, and its because the latest patch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So it's related to the last patch? I know I didn't have issues until I updated my video card drivers (and I'm currently reverting to the next-to-latest version now to see if it works (as I had no problems before).

It's really, really annoying!
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same issue tried rolling back my driver lessened the problem but I'm still getting intermittent blue/black skin textures. :confused:
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
    edited April 2013
    willomally wrote: »
    Having the same issue tried rolling back my driver lessened the problem but I'm still getting intermittent blue/black skin textures. :confused:
    Just played a little on tribble and the issue is not present on the current build over there.:)
    [SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Not having the texture problem with today's patch hopefully this has fixed the problem.:)
    [SIGPIC]

• maristonmariston Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same issue. It seems to have occurred at last week's patch. Today's patch didn't fix it.
  • timv94timv94 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been having the exact same problem for several months now, found out its the nvidia geforce updates for the driver, the 306.97 update is the last one that didn't have a problem for me all the ones after that one have been causing this problem (latest one should be 314.22).
  • bitterscotbitterscot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get a similar issue, has happened to me on tribble too after I got a few missions into the romulan stuff.

I found that it happens with Dynamic Lighting set to high, but not at low. When set to high, if I disable Screen-space ambient occlusion, skin tones return to normal, but still have random texture flickering on occassion.

Ruunning the 314.22 drivers for my gtx570. Strangely, I don't get this issue on live server, will have to recheck all my settings on both servers for differences to see if anything else is aggrevating it.
    [6:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Antiproton Banks - Overload III deals 166213 (61268) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
  • airbear8airbear8 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad I found this thread, I'm having the same issue since updating my NVidia drivers yesterday. Faces and exposed skin in the viewscreen or around me in a StarBase flicker black/white. I'll try adjusting the Dynamic lighting until they fix this bug.

AirBear
    edited April 2013
    I had to use "Reset to Default" and then select low on the Dynamic lighting and that finally fixed the flickering problem. I think I was in Full Window mode before and the reset put me in full screen mode, which caused some mouse problems until I restarted the game. Adjusting Dynamic lighting did not work until I did the reset to default.

Thanks for the tip bitterscot.

AirBear
    edited April 2013
    Well I spoke too soon, the problem has come back but just not as bad. I have dynamic lighting turned off and it's still doing the white/black skin flicker intermittently. Guess I can either live with it or roll back the NVidia driver assuming I can find out which one I was using.

airbear8 wrote: »
    I had to use "Reset to Default" and then select low on the Dynamic lighting and that finally fixed the flickering problem. I think I was in Full Window mode before and the reset put me in full screen mode, which caused some mouse problems until I restarted the game. Adjusting Dynamic lighting did not work until I did the reset to default.

Thanks for the tip bitterscot.

AirBear
    edited April 2013
    I updated to the NVidia 3.20 Beta Drivers and after several hours of gameplay it seems the problem is fixed. Faces are normal colors.

I haven't had any glitches while playing STO but this morning when i turned my monitor on I had a BSOD which is extremely rare for this computer. I'll have to see if it happens again, if so I may have to restore the old drivers.

AirBear
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    airbear8 wrote: »
    I updated to the NVidia 3.20 Beta Drivers and after several hours of gameplay it seems the problem is fixed. Faces are normal colors.

I haven't had any glitches while playing STO but this morning when i turned my monitor on I had a BSOD which is extremely rare for this computer. I'll have to see if it happens again, if so I may have to restore the old drivers.

AirBear

Yup, 320 fixed it for me as well. I don't have any issues such as BSOD however, they are stable drivers for me.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Yup, 320 fixed it here as well.
  • beaver#8175 beaver Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so glad I found this post... just turned off screen space ambient occlusion and fixed messed up faces for me! On an AMD card too not even nvidia rofl.