test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Romulans should be joining the KDF

cptgorandcptgorand Member Posts: 3 Arc User
From the initial mission storylinethe only choice that makes any sense at all is for the Romulans to join forces with the KDF.

Why you ask?

During the Incidents at the colonies and later at Khitomer, the only assistance from Either Faction comes from the intervention of the IKS Kang. The Federation seems to be unwilling to assist when distress calls are going out, they see this as an Internal matter and do not seem to be investigating any claims otherwise.

As a fledgling captain for the Romualn Republic, Why would I choose to join a group that ignores our pleas for assitance?
Post edited by cptgorand on

Comments

• krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    perhaps this is slightly intentional as a method to bolster lower population on the KDF side? If so I'm all for it.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cptgorand wrote: »
    From the initial mission storylinethe only choice that makes any sense at all is for the Romulans to join forces with the KDF.

Why you ask?

During the Incidents at the colonies and later at Khitomer, the only assistance from Either Faction comes from the intervention of the IKS Kang. The Federation seems to be unwilling to assist when distress calls are going out, they see this as an Internal matter and do not seem to be investigating any claims otherwise.

As a fledgling captain for the Romualn Republic, Why would I choose to join a group that ignores our pleas for assitance?

Because of better fleet options, and a unificationist leader.

Also, nice costumes!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I felt a little slant towards the KDF when doing the Khitomer mission. Also the choice backgroud even had a subliminal join the KDF edge. You had a prim and proper lass holding a tricorder, or Billy Badass with his phaser... now who would you choose?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm glad they're doing it this way. The KDF deserve some support.
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I've said elsewhere, I'm not going to join up with a faction that's so barbaric that it can't stock its tailors with non-spiked boots for its female members.
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keep in mind the story says the world we're on, Khitmoer, is controlled by the KDF. So since the KDF and Feds are currently at war it makes sense that the KDF wouldn't allow Star Fleet to have a bunch of warships there for a peaceful negotiation. Heck even the KDF only had 1 ship help you.

Still, yes it did feel like they're trying to not so subtly push you toward the KDF. ;) To bad I already manage a Fed fleet.
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll have to admit, the story felt little bit leaning towards KDF side, Only the IKS Kang was on patrol in that sector. Were was the Fed ship that brought their dignitaries. Than you have bomb, which try to blow up KDF Official. But still went for Fed anyway just because my Romulan character, is some how link to my Fed Vulcan characters.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like the nudging towards KDF. It's good, means that new players will probably edge towards KDF. And existing players can still choose what they want. The only way it could backfire is if the KDF+KDF Rom still ends being anemic afterwards, such that new players resent being led/encouraged to the 'faction that has to wait for queues'. But in general, I do like it.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to agree, based solely on the story, the Federation doesn't exactly sell itself to the player. On the other hand, 1) you've gotten on the Klingons' good side by disarming the bombs and (spoiler redacted), and 2) the Klingons have returned the favor by sending a ship to save you. After all that talk of honor and such, it really feels like you're betraying them by not siding with them.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just finished the mission and was surprised how slanty it was to the KDF. But I guess it's good to bolster the KDF numbers.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mirai222 wrote: »
    As I've said elsewhere, I'm not going to join up with a faction that's so barbaric that it can't stock its tailors with non-spiked boots for its female members.

How many times do we have to say it to people. They NEED armored/spiked boots since the men all wear metal jockstraps, how else will they teach the male population what is and is not acceptable?
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to admit. it felt kinda wrong to join the federation. All they had was a long winded diplomat and a skeptical admiral. The KDF seems a bit more sincere in their appreciation. In the end the fed saying they will remember his sacrifice felt a bit more obligatory and political.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not to mention, that Starfleet captain who becomes your Fed contact looks like he ought to be commanding the U.S.S. Free Candy.
  • khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not too mention the feds ambassadors to kitamer, the admiral is a complete **** to you, and the other guy wont stfu.

srsly he wont shut up, he talks forever if you humor him. and its all nonsense!

at least the kdf respect strength and honor.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Um,

No.

I play Starfleet and KDF equally, but the substandard treatment of the KDF has caused me to actively avoid their gameplay whenever given the chance.

My foremost issue is the fact that the KDF bugs are never fixed.
    The one that irritates me most has gone unfixed for over a year, despite reminding cryptic once a week on average to fix it.

My secondary issue is it's not KDF gameplay, it's Klingon gameplay.
    The Orions, Nausicaans, Gorn and Letheans are all overlooked in terms of story content.

I never approved of the Klingons anyway, their obsession with honor and conquest is repellant to me.

Also, since my Captain is not Klingon (and is in fact is from a planet very far from Klingon space), he would not support the Klingon way at all.

And the third issue is that should a KDF officer chose a peaceful resolution, it still comes out violent.

So, given how bad the so-called KDF faction is, why would any player subject themselves to that willingly if they were given another option?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Um,

No.

I play Starfleet and KDF equally, but the substandard treatment of the KDF has caused me to actively avoid their gameplay whenever given the chance.

The one that irritates me most has gone unfixed for over a year, despite reminding cryptic once a week on average to fix it.

My secondary issue is it's not KDF gameplay, it's Klingon gameplay.
    The Orions, Nausicaans, Gorn and Letheans are all overlooked in terms of story content.

I never approved of the Klingons anyway, their obsession with honor and conquest is repellant to me.

Also, since my Captain is not Klingon (and is in fact is from a planet very far from Klingon space), he would not support the Klingon way at all.

And the third issue is that should a KDF officer chose a peaceful resolution, it still comes out violent.

So, given how bad the so-called KDF faction is, why would any player subject themselves to that willingly if they were given another option?

The same reason people have been playing KDF since it launched. They hope and dream better things are down the road. Hope springs eternal my friend.
  • kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No way in hell would my Romulan side with the KDF...the KLINGONS? Are you crazy?
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilarta wrote: »

What bug is that?
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, it really pushes you towards the Klingons. In the end the only selling point of the Federation is:

They want to help you build New Romulus and bring the Tal Shiar to justice. The Klingons only want to hunt the Tal Shiar.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im a true romulan I will never in my life time side with KDF dog's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • butstonfreembutstonfreem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For purely aesthetic reasons my Romulan will join the KDF. The uniforms look more romulan and after joining they also get the angry KDF faces.

before and after siding with kdf, some sliders.
    romneutral.jpg

romkdf.jpg

Would be nice to have the choice for what face style to use though
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For purely aesthetic reasons my Romulan will join the KDF. The uniforms look more romulan and after joining they also get the angry KDF faces.

before and after siding with kdf, some sliders.
    romneutral.jpg

romkdf.jpg

Would be nice to have the choice for what face style to use though

Apparently that's a bug.

It'd be nice if there was a hard incentive for players to go Rom-KDF.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I noticed this on my playthrough.

You get absolutely no help from the feds, Sugohara pretty much just talks your ear off, ALL THE INFILTRATORS ARE FEDS (no klingon/KDF race infiltrators), and it pretty much just sours you on the fed.

I mean I was playing a character who, thematically, was my fed main's first officer.

And I *still* felt like I made the wrong choice picking fed.

The turning point mission needs changes, and in general there needs to be more fed friendly dialogue and selling of the faction to the player.

In specific, I'd like to see:

1. Randomize the infiltrators during "The Turning Point" so they're not all feds, but a mix of feds and KDF.

2. Receive aid from a fed diplomatic ship during the space portion of "The Turning Point". Starfleet loves to send Galaxy classes on diplomatic missions, so have the USS Venture or something show up half-way through the mission.

I mean the Kang pops out and starts helping you- but the Fed should be delayed. The Kang represents the Klingons and their glory in battle, honorable combat, and standing together.

The Venture (or whatever) should show up for the fight with Hakeev (and that fight should be beefed up accordingly).

There should be some added dialogue, where the captain of the Kang is like "If you wanted glory, you should've been here earlier", and Sugohara goes "Well starfleet doesn't just go charging off when there are wounded to be treated" (or something along those lines).

Basically you need to not just have it be KLINGONS KLINGONS KLINGONS, and actually sell the starfleet side of things.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    I felt a little slant towards the KDF when doing the Khitomer mission. Also the choice backgroud even had a subliminal join the KDF edge. You had a prim and proper lass holding a tricorder, or Billy Badass with his phaser... now who would you choose?

Frankly, the one not showing me their TRIBBLE.

I didn't feel any particular urging from the story to go KDF.

The Feds haven't stepped in before because, yes, it's an internal matter among the Romulans. As far as they are concerned, D'tan's faction including yourself is a rebel group opposing the legitimate Imperial government. D'tan set up the conference precisely because he wanted to be legitimized as a political entity, which is what it takes for the Federation to do business with them. And they didn't offer help AT the conference because if they did, the Klingons would call them out for violating the cease fire agreement.

If anything, the fact that Ja'ord is willing to bend his orders and go in guns blazing on your behalf just because he has a good feeling about you should raise some serious flags about how stable and reliable the KDF is.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    There should be some added dialogue, where the captain of the Kang is like "If you wanted glory, you should've been here earlier", and Sugohara goes "Well starfleet doesn't just go charging off when there are wounded to be treated" (or something along those lines).

No one was wounded when you beamed up. Tovan just recognized Elachi energy signatures in space.
    momaw wrote: »
    Frankly, the one not showing me their TRIBBLE.

I didn't feel any particular urging from the story to go KDF.

The Feds haven't stepped in before because, yes, it's an internal matter among the Romulans. As far as they are concerned, D'tan's faction including yourself is a rebel group opposing the legitimate Imperial government. D'tan set up the conference precisely because he wanted to be legitimized as a political entity, which is what it takes for the Federation to do business with them. And they didn't offer help AT the conference because if they did, the Klingons would call them out for violating the cease fire agreement.

If anything, the fact that Ja'ord is willing to bend his orders and go in guns blazing on your behalf just because he has a good feeling about you should raise some serious flags about how stable and reliable the KDF is.

I don't think you get the picture. Khitomer is in Klingon space. The Klingons had allowed 3 foreign delegations there, the Federation, the Romulan Empire and the Romulan Republic. The Romulan Empire brought along uninvited allies (the Elachi) and multiple cloaked warships who attacked the Romulan Republic,. Ja'rod wasn't bending any orders, the Romulan Empire violated the terms under which they were allowed there.
    And the Federation should by now have gotten that the Klingons don't respect people who stay back during a battle. The longest-lasting peace with the Klingons was due to the actions of the Enterprise-C. And Fed who had half a brain would try to repeat that any chance they get.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now what kind of self respecting Romulan would align themselves with Starfleet?
    You'd unwittingly aid in the underhanded assimilation of the Romulan people into the Federation.
    Going from one political nightmare into another, with little concern to non-protocol.

Hell, just look at the Maquis! Starfleet left them to the hounds when it was considered 'politically inconvenient.'
    Just to save their own hides. Now, at least the Imperial Empire has some honesty and good reasoning behind
    their actions, just look at the Gorn subjugation- it was to annihilate Undine infiltrators. Not to mention they're
    at least a bit more like the old Romulan Star Empire and are known to be similar in mentality to the Romulans.

They've even made alliances with Romulans before which were historically beneficial for both sides.

As I've said before, Mirai, it simply isn't Klingon to go into battle with an Earth fashion sense. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2013

The female romulan klingon uniforms have two boot styles with high heels and no spikes.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    You get absolutely no help from the feds, Sugohara pretty much just talks your ear off, ALL THE INFILTRATORS ARE FEDS (no klingon/KDF race infiltrators), and it pretty much just sours you on the fed.

To be fair, it's easier for a Romulan to claim to be Vulcan than any of the Klingon races.
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I joined the federation without question, I like the federation ships a lot and i eventually want my romi to get the fleet defiant. I will make a romi on klingon side too eventually but for now im joining fed.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The choice for the Romulans is easy: choose the faction which treats you with respect or do you choose the faction which sees you as a glorified bartender.

Not even taking into account that the Klingons and Romulans like each other just about as much as Klingons and Cardassians do.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.