test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does reporting STF griefers to GM work?

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
Again I had an ISE - where someone went to the right side and blew up a gen

They did it deliberately despite my PM's asking what they were doing and flying around them.

They went close to be out of cube range - dead stop and fired tric torps and phasers from their Star Crusier. after blowing up cube they waited until we mopped up the other side then helped with right side.

Problem for the griefer and why we laughed at them was there was 3 very high powered and skilled Tac Jems in there and vaporized everything so we got the optional!:P:)

I made note of the persons name and fleet name.

better to contact the persons fleet? or GM?
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Neither

You report them they do nothing I've tired

You report to fleet you'll just get wrath of their fleet or worse so just leave it . . .

Sorry but it's the harsh truth that nothing will happen
    JtaDmwW.png
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    GMs are not going to help here...

best thing to do is to evade public queue via joining one of the elite stf channels and do stfs there, with those people.

would this be used by more players afker will find themselves grouping with other afkers suddenly. problem solved.
    Go pro or go home
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This is one of the questions that probably doesn't have an answer, since even if action IS taken against the offending party Cryptic are not able/allowed to feed back on the action (or inaction) that was agreed upon.

It's one of those issues that'll probably never go away anyway, since there isn't really a satisfactory method of dealing with such 'players'* - I've been trying to complete the Romulan repuation (part way through tier 4) and the last three Azure Rescues I've participated contained at least one idiot who sat at the spawn point doing nothing other than select 'need' on everything that dropped.

* A loose term, since by definition they are NOT players, since 'player' indicates participation - something that the type of loser we're dicsussing doesn't do.

there is a big difference between akfers and deliberately blowing gens on the far side to fail optional and TRIBBLE up the mission.
  • tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reporting them does nothing on a case-by-case basis. Reporting to their Fleet leader at best results in them getting kicked from a fleet, but will not stop the player in question from doing it again.

But I still report them, and here's why:
    1) Reporting to GM may not result in a direct action against the offender, but if the staff is blasted with these reports, it will eventually become obvious that it is a problem they need to deal with as a whole. They've already acknowledged it, and say they are looking into solutions, but bombing them with these reports may stoke the fire a little bit more. I encourage it.
    2) Reporting them to their Fleet's leaders sometimes results in a negative response, but sometimes it's a positive one. I know that if I was to receive such a report about a member of our fleet behaving badly in stf's or showing up in Fleet Actions in a Miranda, I would take care of it directly in order to prevent tarnishing the fleet name. I have to believe that the majority of the fleets out there feel the same, and would act similarly if they receive such a report. Although some Fleet Admirals respond with a 'So?', and in some cases, the offender WAS a fleet leader, once in a while I talk to a like-minded Fleet Leader that appreciates the alert that one of their members is a potential problem.

None of this will stop these practices. But since the Devs still refuse to take actions to eliminate this now rampant problem they have caused with Season7, it's all we can do.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sure they work... They just get ignored...

Why? Because Cryptic dosen't interfer in matters that aren't against the ToS, and AFK'ing / Leeching isn't.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Vote to kick. Simple. We need it.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • ussbridgeburnerussbridgeburner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It's one of those issues that'll probably never go away anyway, since there isn't really a satisfactory method of dealing with such 'players'* -

* A loose term, since by definition they are NOT players, since 'player' indicates participation - something that the type of loser we're dicsussing doesn't do.

there is some inconsistency there....being a loser requires being a player. just a bad one.

no substantial comment, just being a smartass.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If the tickets get submitted? Yes.. They do.

Are they being reviewed? I am sure they are...

However, I seriously doubt any action is being taken
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Vote to kick. Simple. We need it.

No, we need vote to replace.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It doesnt work, it never has pure and simple. In other words THEY DONT CARE... There is nothing you can do about this apart from run in a pre-made...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One thing that would help a bit would be if you weren't put into the same queue with people you have on ignore. That way we'd only be forced to play a single game with the bot/griefer and they would eventually be stuck with 30-min+ queues. A lot of the afkers/bots I encounter I've seen or met before.
  • nx420nx420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And upon what precisely would the GMs take action?

A player in a public queue was not a good player?

A player in a public queue didn't know how to play "correctly"?

A player in a public queue didn't bother reading pretentious team chat?

A player in a public queue refused to play in the manner that others demanded or expected?

A player in a public queue refused to participate once the instance began in order to take advantage of an idiotic rewards system?

NONE of these "offences" is specified as such in the EULA ... ergo, the GMs cannot take action no matter how many tickets they receive.

Your only recourse against griefing is, as has been said over and over in these threads, don't pug! Alternatively, and this is my personal creed, don't care so much about an online computer game instance.

As long as the internet exists, there will be griefing. It's the nature of the anonymous beast. Griefing is directly proportional to the amount of angst that is generated by the action. A voluminous outcry draws griefers like moths to a flame.

AFKers are a different animal. They're farming the rewards that come with the instance. Take away the reward that can be AFK'd and voila ... no AFKers. One solution used in some other successful MMO's is that players must be within immediate aggro range of the kill or completed mission objective in order to be eligible for the associated reward. Your run of the mill AFKer cannot just join the instance and then walk away ... he must sit there and wait for the end of the mission in order to race to the reward range. If he sits within reward range, he's likely to aggro mobs, die and respawn out of reward range. Take away the AFK farm and the AFK farmers move elsewhere.

Is it perfect? ... No ... nothing is ... "What about the player that gets killed seconds before the kill happens or seconds before mission completion?" ... "Won't AFK farmers merely find another farm?" ... I'm sure you'll all come up with more.

My point is that instituting an abusive mechanic (vote to kick) or GM intervention (report spamming) are not solutions to the problem. The problem is inherent in the nature and mechanics of the instance's reward system and it is from here that the solution needs to arise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    You'll say this until you get grief kicked by a team of griefers. Then, voting systems won't be so useful anymore. Don't PUG and don't team with people you don't know. You'll never have to send in a report.

... because they would rather stay IN a team of griefers? I don't find your argument works effectively. The group they join after being kicked isn't likely to be full of griefers if the system works well.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have got a lovely c&p form email from the system when I have used this feature saying they are looking into the issue. Does anything come of it? Who can possibly say.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have said it once and I will say it again; If there is a kick button as some people already said, that is another way trolls can annoy you.

Since there is only 5 people in a team you could be unlucky and get one full of them.. Unlike MPFPS of which can have up 60 players. So justice will come to them after bit, and normally does as I have seen.

Judging by the amount of them I say it does not work..But as one pointed out if we keep bombarding devs with these reports they may do something about it.

If I got a report that someone in my fleet misbehaving, I will kick them. against clan/fleet rules
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NONE of these "offences" is specified as such in the EULA ... ergo, the GMs cannot take action no matter how many tickets they receive.

Sure they can. The User Conduct agreement has at least two section which would be applicable to people afk-leeching or intentionally trying to TRIBBLE people off.
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

as well as
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
  • lonh12lonh12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think you should get a 72 hour lock on your account for being afk in a stf. you intentionally joined a stf. not by oops i accidentally hit a button...but by going into a menu, joining a queue and then again re affirming that you want to play. 99.9999999 percent of afk is just someone being an TRIBBLE to everyone. yeah, i can finish the mission with someone doing this...too easy most of the time. but its the principle of it.

but unfortunately there is no way to implement it.
  • leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    AFKers are a different animal. They're farming the rewards that come with the instance. Take away the reward that can be AFK'd and voila ... no AFKers. One solution used in some other successful MMO's is that players must be within immediate aggro range of the kill or completed mission objective in order to be eligible for the associated reward. Your run of the mill AFKer cannot just join the instance and then walk away ... he must sit there and wait for the end of the mission in order to race to the reward range. If he sits within reward range, he's likely to aggro mobs, die and respawn out of reward range. Take away the AFK farm and the AFK farmers move elsewhere.

Thats how STF's used to work. Everytime you completed an STF the players had to move to the reward spawn point to collect their rewards before leaving the STF but too many stupid people made a fuss that they were leaving an STF and 'forgetting' to claim their reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • cojak70cojak70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gripe gripe this has has been going on for years now easy fix put person on ignore problem solved.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gentle reminder... No "Forum PvP" and no insulting others, guys...

Use good sense, a sense of humor, and when in doubt re-read the forum rules.

Thanx :)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek