test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A pleasant surprise....

spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
That I got selected as beta tester for the Legacy. I am surprised. Pleasantly.
Post edited by spearhawk2013 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hurray! Don't TRIBBLE the Expansion up for the rest of us. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations! I'll be testing with you!
  • carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    me too! i wont spoil anything xD
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel left out and betrayed.....
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    I feel left out and betrayed.....
    Closed Betas are frustrating. Bug after bug after bug, on the simplest things. It's better to wait and let the others deal with the initial problems. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait, wait, just checked my email I got an invite to!!! Bring on the bugs!!!
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Closed Betas are frustrating. Bug after bug after bug, on the simplest things. It's better to wait and let the others deal with the initial problems. :)

here here, as a 3 time beta tester for TOR, cant even recall my squadron numbers I was part of but anyways.. yes its not really fun. Plus its better to wait to get the release stuff and see it all then, then ruin it for yourself and seeing it now, then when may 21st hits.. nothing shockingly new will be seen by your eyes. Plus youll have to redo all the content you did during beta lol.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Same here. Off to Tribble!
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have proven to be a valuable tester in the past, and have received my invite as well. :D
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like leverage to use on your wife for that Legacy Pack. :)
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see why people are excited to do the devs job for them, and for free. LOL.

This looks like a big headache, I'll wait for them to finish the product before trying it unless there is some kind of discount on z-store stuff or something free you get for this, and not just a tribble. I doubt this will be very playable so soon, just nonstop bugs to report, not very fun.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now we'll know who to blame... :D
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I don't see why people are excited to do the devs job for them, and for free. LOL.

This looks like a big headache, I'll wait for them to finish the product before trying it unless there is some kind of discount on z-store stuff or something free you get for this, and not just a tribble. I doubt this will be very playable so soon, just nonstop bugs to report, not very fun.

Because there aren't enough devs to do the job properly. There never could be. You know all those annoying TRIBBLE bugs that show up randomly with the weekly patch on live? That's the devs doing all the testing. You can't possibly expect a handful of devs to bring the variety of gear combinations, playstyles, and behavior to the table that a few hundred/couple thousand players can.

It's quite fun, to me, because I get to learn the ins and outs of things, even if broken at times, before others that don't take part.
    edited April 2013
    nileight1 wrote: »

hahah ^ this :eek: :D
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nileight1 wrote: »

Grabs pitchforks and torches....
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    Because there aren't enough devs to do the job properly. There never could be. You know all those annoying TRIBBLE bugs that show up randomly with the weekly patch on live? That's the devs doing all the testing. You can't possibly expect a handful of devs to bring the variety of gear combinations, playstyles, and behavior to the table that a few hundred/couple thousand players can.

It's quite fun, to me, because I get to learn the ins and outs of things, even if broken at times, before others that don't take part.

Exactly this.

You want to find out every way possible to break a game? Then you throw as many people as you can at it. Nobody can poke holes in a game better than its players.
  • galacticroamer#3935 galacticroamer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been playing my new Romulan for a couple hours now and no bugs so far, very very smooth. Good job Devs!
    Proud member of the 8th Wing Tactical Armada
    edited April 2013
    I've been playing my new Romulan for a couple hours now and no bugs so far, very very smooth. Good job Devs!

*pats his bat in the palm of his hand* yeah... there better be no bugs *spits on the ground* *glares* lol =D
  • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That I got selected as beta tester for the Legacy. I am surprised. Pleasantly.

I just got home and checked my email and also was pleasantly surprised to be chosen to beta. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What do you have to do to get an Invite?
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sounds awesome.
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do not know why I got invited. but I am pleased I got invited. It is an honor to test the new stuff and try to do my little part to make things more fun for the live version.

I encountered so far 3 bugs and a crash... and i am thrilled...
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is very cool so far.

I miss the Alien race selection thou.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait wait for me guys, see ya on the Green side
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The invites were programmatically generated based on criteria we were looking for and somewhat random from there. Round 1 of closed beta is very small and we've maxed out the capacity on TRIBBLE with queues to get in.

We are going to be adding more people as we get closer to launch and there will be an open beta if you don't get one of the invites prior to launch.

We appreciate that not everyone gets an invite and we're sorry. There are many many captains out there and this is a very focused test until we're ready to get the open beta started.

Thank you for your patience. May 21 is coming up fast!
  • mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel so left out LOL :(
  • captaindoug1captaindoug1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    I just got home and checked my email and also was pleasantly surprised to be chosen to beta. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in store.

Same here. Can't wait to try this out.:)
    I was Captain_Doug just FYI
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got one to.

It's almost 1am here and I've got to go to work, too bad I did not see that mail sooner :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm quite curious what the qualification criteria were.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    The invites were programmatically generated based on criteria we were looking for and somewhat random from there. Round 1 of closed beta is very small and we've maxed out the capacity on TRIBBLE with queues to get in.

We are going to be adding more people as we get closer to launch and there will be an open beta if you don't get one of the invites prior to launch.

We appreciate that not everyone gets an invite and we're sorry. There are many many captains out there and this is a very focused test until we're ready to get the open beta started.

Thank you for your patience. May 21 is coming up fast!

Most of the criteria being money spent and not actual feedback I'd guess...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*