test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 18, 2013

Comments

• c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there are no errors in event viewer to anything even related to the game or hard drive :(
    i'm starting to lose hope... i don't understand this.
  • madjik79madjik79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship. Also, cool on the boff poses. Can't wait to see that.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed. :P

It's fixed. Closed Beta Starts today, so I assume that means you need to be invited in order to unlock access to roms. Klings is anyones guess though. :/
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship. Also, cool on the boff poses. Can't wait to see that.

So I got on Tribble. Getting back to the "Shuttle Bug". When i logged on and looked at my character. The Text showed properly as USS Gosroth (my main ship), but the ship image was still my shuttle. Changing to a different character and back to the original seemed to correct the graphic so my mail ship was displayed.

Also the character are a little on the dark side. any chance of getting a little light on them?
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TO fix this rename your shuttle to something that is farther down the alphabet than your main ship. So if shuttle is named Apollo, and main ship is Odyssey then the shuttle will appear first in everything. Rename shuttle to something below O like xApollo and thats how you fix it!

Renaming it doesn't work (when the bug was active). I had a ship with a name Astrea with a shuttle name Zephyr and it still would show the shuttle instead of the ship.

In yesterday's patch, the bug was at least partially resolved, where it would still show the shuttles (on all my toons that had shuttles) when the game first loaded up, but if you selected other toons eventually something would "kick in" and the shuttles would get replaced with the characters ships. Hopefully it's fully fixed now.

UPDATE: It's still partially resolved, where it shows the shuttles until you select other characters, then it shows the ships after several (probably about 20) seconds.

UPDATE2: ROFL... I'm in a queue to log in to the TRIBBLE test shard? 44 people in front of me?!? This isn't even a TRIBBLE test weekend!

EDIT: (for clarity) we're talking about the bug on the character select screen where it shows the player's shuttle instead of their ship. Not the in-game bug where the repair screen shows the first aphabetical ship/smallcraft
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited April 2013
    even force verify didn't work... i just send an error report with all my error log latest lines on it ... hope that helps... dunno if there is really alot i can do.

but i can't be the only one having this issue :(
  • svwilsonsvwilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Loved that movie. Great Quote.

Movie? Quote?
    edited April 2013
    svwilson wrote: »
    Movie? Quote?

the movie = the incredibles
    the quote = NO CAPES!
    edited April 2013
    there are no errors in event viewer to anything even related to the game or hard drive :(
    i'm starting to lose hope... i don't understand this.

With Force Verify... i got this on a report
    Error DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log in red lettering... can this be fixed?
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who is part of the closed Romulan Beta, and how were they chosen?
  • merloidermerloider Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy Queue, Batman! 910 people before me.. or 89. The game's not quite sure. By the way, is there a way to customize who goes where on the login screen?
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chosen at random I think.

I have an issue, i cannot log into any of the servers, halodeck, tribble and redshirt. I have tribble fully patched, when I try to log into it it says "patching" and does nothing but sit during log in.

I tried to send a report but that has also failed.
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am also having issues getting onto the Tribble server. I got the beta 1 invite and I sent a ticket after it said it was a Cryptic crash error.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Sela doesn't have a cape.
    • She was taking advice from Edna.

Bravo!

/10char
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What's odd is that I'll start at, say, 90 out of 90...then the 90 will drop a bit...then suddenly I'm 1005 out of 1005. That stays for a while, and then suddenly I'm 48 out of 86. Drops a bit more, and then wham, disconnect.

I think a lot of people are excited to test out Romulans. ;)
  • captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What's odd is that I'll start at, say, 90 out of 90...then the 90 will drop a bit...then suddenly I'm 1005 out of 1005. That stays for a while, and then suddenly I'm 48 out of 86. Drops a bit more, and then wham, disconnect.

I think a lot of people are excited to test out Romulans. ;)

I am having the same problem. I was able to create a Romulan character, but the system would not let me log on into the missions. I also attempted to log into the system using 3 different Federation characters. However, that did not work. One time I started seeing 90 out of 90. Then, it changed to 2175 out of 2175.:confused:
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Found it funny that I was invited by email to create a Romulan character and then don't have the option .... oh well ... What does a Klingon need with Romulans anyway. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Was the speed of emmision torpedo improved ? Or it still takes 5 minute before it hits anything ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok with the starter pack's what are life timers going to get liberated borg romulans

and how come lifetimers have to pay for the legendary pack =p grrrrr

ps love the romulan starting ship, pre federation vessels ftw!
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who is part of the closed Romulan Beta, and how were they chosen?

I am, at least, but I'd be pretty certain it's NOT based on useful feedback given...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Note: It's late as I'm typing this and I'm somewhat tired. I also haven't read through the thread before these comments have been made.
    General:
    • The character selection screen has been updated.
      • Your ship's name features more prominently.
      • Your bridge officers are striking poses.

After getting on to Tribble tonight (4/18 PM - 4/19 AM), I am split on these Tweaks.

I like the addition of the Ship name and that the fact you actually get the Character's Active Starship, and not the Active Shuttle (Thank you...). That, I think helps with the Show/Movie Feel that was mentioned about in the one Dev Blog.

What I don't like is the 'Action Poses' your BOffs are now taking. This, to me, is distracting and doesn't make sense since your Character isn't in a 'Action Pose' as well! Also, The fact the ENG BOffs don't have a Turret/Mortar/Generator out in the Kneeling stance is silly as well. I would prefer seeing your Character & BOffs in their normal poses. It actually looks nice that way.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I logged in as normal to Tribble and just for the heck of it, opened character creator. Hey...what's this? The create a Romulan button is clickable? And I was off making my first Rommie : )

Checked...no mail for me saying that I could participate. Maybe I just logged in at the right moment? : )

I halfway still have the mail bug. Seems I can now *send* mail on Tribble, but all of my old mails' items are not there/unaccessable. Which is unfortunate. I'd stocked up on low level gear before this all began and mailed a bunch of the items to myself :P

I had also just discovered that opening one of those lockbox items that are faction specific (KDF get one/Starfleet gets the other) was a bad idea to do. I got nothing. : ( Probably because I had not chosen a side yet. I did it wondering if I would get both since the new character is neutral. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am really liking the farming colony where you start and wild New Romulus pre-civilization. : ) ::observes a nanov and some epohhs:: : )
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alkelda wrote: »
    I logged in as normal to Tribble and just for the heck of it, opened character creator. Hey...what's this? The create a Romulan button is clickable? And I was off making my first Rommie : )

Checked...no mail for me saying that I could participate. Maybe I just logged in at the right moment? : )

Check the spam box.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • azure1986azure1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You get an email stating you are in it :) it is the email address you use for the website and game
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One minor quibble I've run across, is that the 'Subcommander Promotion' mission won't go away even after I've completed all objectives. It didn't stop me progressing, but the uncompleted mission just sits there in the journal.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
    A small number of participants can now create Romulans as part of a closed beta.

and im one of those participants :) yeeeeeey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Start screen never look better it have some graphical glitches but it is really cool !!!
    Missions are to linear no interactivity, good or bad choices storyline is written and thats it . I try to play on my 19" notebook and its demanding so have to switch on desktop.
    On my desktop computer game go well but 24" (1920x1080) fps is still low graphics need serious optimization (looks like old UI is faster).
    I cant say that my quad AMD 925 Fenom /16GB RAM /ATI 6970 2GB is not enough for this type of game but its beta it needs work.
    All so need to spent more time with all 3 factions spatially the Klingon one cause i have lot of problems with this toon and still have exp.( have 5 outfits 2 are bogus cant rename,modify,nor change them last 2 months how do I get 2 more don't know I was asking for help but still nothing, or yesterday choose from rep store OMEGA MKXII Imp.eng. after finished task i got in my inventory M.A.C.O. MK XII Imp. Eng )
    If those bugs continue to exist in new game don't know what will happened in the future.
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TONS of issues for me as of the last patch, I have corrupt piggies, this will be reinstall/full patch #4 of today if I can't fix it via steam.:mad:
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tymersto wrote: »
    What I don't like is the 'Action Poses' your BOffs are now taking. This, to me, is distracting and doesn't make sense since your Character isn't in a 'Action Pose' as well! Also, The fact the ENG BOffs don't have a Turret/Mortar/Generator out in the Kneeling stance is silly as well. I would prefer seeing your Character & BOffs in their normal poses. It actually looks nice that way.

sigh... why do people on this forum dislike everything that Cryptic does right? The action poses were awesome, look way more interesting & varied.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've the action poses!
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Any ETA on when this will be fixed. :P

speaking of shuttle bugs.... i mean its game wide that when ever i want my ship I get the shuttle as a default choice. Makes repairing even a bigger pain than it already is.

Would rather have seen them address more UI functionality issues rather than simply sprucing up the way it looks. still many bugs (or some may not be actual bugs but annoyances). For instance when ever I click the personal/character tab the Inventory window still pops up and blocks the screen. Have to close it every time.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]