test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 18, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.30.20130416a.5

General:
  • Completing the full Tour the Galaxy challenge now rewards the "Well Travelled" trait as a free bonus trait.
    • This trait grants your captain a permanent reduction in Transwarp cooldown.
  • Updated Bringing Down the House:
    • Added interact FX to the door to the Ketha Lowlands.
    • Added an interact in the Qo'noS System to take you to Ketha Lowlands if you have this mission.
    • Updated the second part of this mission to replace the single large waypoint in which to find the assassin with four smaller waypoints.
  • The character selection screen has been updated.
    • Your ship's name features more prominently.
    • Your bridge officers are striking poses.

Systems:
  • Updated Emission-Seeking Torpedoes:
    • All Emission-Seeking Torpedoes now explode with the appropriate FX, instead of all using a Plasma Torpedo explosion.
    • Damage dealt by all versions of Emission-Seeking Torpedoes are now approximately equivalent to a High-Yield torpedo or Salvo of the same type.
      • As a result of this change, Emission-Seeking Plasma Torpedoes are now targetable for balance reasons.
    • The Combat Log will no longer report "an unknown officer deals damage to Emission-Seeking Torpedo..." when it detonates.
    • All applicable descriptions have been updated to reflect this functionality.
  • To'Duj Fighter Devices no longer incorrectly grant their owners Battle Cloak.
    • It was fun while it lasted though, right?

Known Issues:
  • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
  • Trait respec is not functional.
    • It will take your respec token, but you will be unable to commit new traits.
  • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
    • A small number of participants can now create Romulans as part of a closed beta.
  • The C-store is disabled.
  • Players on Wine will need to use a workaround in order to play.
  • Mind Games: Romulans who choose KDF as their allies will not be able to turn in this mission.
  • Sela doesn't have a cape.
    • She was taking advice from Edna.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.30.20130416a.5

General:
    • The character selection screen has been updated.
      • Your ship's name features more prominently.
      • Your bridge officers are striking poses.

Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship. Also, cool on the boff poses. Can't wait to see that.

Known Issues:
    • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed. :P
  • alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And the multicore rendering bug with XP Media Center is still not listed as known.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The "workaround" link doesn't work.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    About how much of a reduction to Transwarp cooldown will the "Well Traveled" trait give?
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The "workaround" link doesn't work.

Thanks! I fixed it. :)
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    About how much of a reduction to Transwarp cooldown will the "Well Traveled" trait give?

It gives 20% and does not count against your Trait limit. You don't need to choose it, it is automatically picked when you meet the requirements.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It gives 20% and does not count against your Trait limit. You don't need to choose it, it is automatically picked when you meet the requirements.

Nice!

Any way those characters who have done it in the past will automatically get this trait?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship.
    It's now fixed it would seem.

As for the poses, they're nice, but sometimes awkward, when a crouching officer in the background has its face right in the foreground's officer's bottom...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2013

General:
    • Completing the full Tour the Galaxy challenge now rewards the "Well Travelled" trait as a free bonus trait.

Nice, a nifty bonus.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last I tried, even the Federation wasn't working right. Had a 50 character there, logged him in to fix him to the new system, and couldn't create any other character despite having the character slot available. Came up just showing him, the three faction tabs on the side, and no races or anything to choose from.
    edited April 2013

nice. I might have to actually Tour the galaxy for once.

suaveks wrote: »
    It's now fixed it would seem.

As for the poses, they're nice, but sometimes awkward, when a crouching officer in the background has its face right in the foreground's officer's bottom...

That is good to hear. well, the first part (the bug fix). not sure about the other part, Sounds like my captain might need to hold a "harassment and sensitivity training" meeting with the senior staff. And this is suppose to be the 25th Century. Tsk tsk. :P
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you now get your specie trait AND 9 traits or do you get your species trait AND 8 traits. It would seem off if you got 10 passive traits vs aliens getting 9.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Completing the full Tour the Galaxy challenge now rewards the "Well Travelled" trait as a free bonus trait.

Could you clarify, is this just for completing one lap?

Is it permanent or temporary?

And will TtG increased in frequency since it's so rare these days?
    • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship. Also, cool on the boff poses. Can't wait to see that.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed. :P

TO fix this rename your shuttle to something that is farther down the alphabet than your main ship. So if shuttle is named Apollo, and main ship is Odyssey then the shuttle will appear first in everything. Rename shuttle to something below O like xApollo and thats how you fix it!
    • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013

I think they just need to be spread out more. Among other things, my leftmost officer is entirely invisible behind the second-from-the-left (the Reman science officer)'s cape.

Also, the Reman BO's face is missing entirely, but we can't blame him for that.
    • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      TO fix this rename your shuttle to something that is farther down the alphabet than your main ship. So if shuttle is named Apollo, and main ship is Odyssey then the shuttle will appear first in everything. Rename shuttle to something below O like xApollo and thats how you fix it!
      That's neither the issue we're talking about nor a fix for it. It's a completely different problem that still persists on Holodeck, but seems to be fixed on Tribble now.
      PyKDqad.jpg
    • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      And with a targetable PSW Plasma Torpedo, Plasma is yet again nerfed into an underwhelmin underdog above the Energy gods that are Phaser/Disruptor/Polaron.
      edited April 2013
      That's neither the issue we're talking about nor a fix for it. It's a completely different problem that still persists on Holodeck, but seems to be fixed on Tribble now.

Yeah, Since my main ship is "Gosroth" and my shuttle is "Hyperion". I am thinking we aren't talking about the same thing as the "Fix"
    • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      *Sela doesn't have a cape.
      -She was taking advice from Edna.

Cause Edna's right.
      <signature under reconstruction>
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
    • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      About the Emission-Seeking Torpedo changes, will it still deploy like normal? I mean very slow to react and slow traveling?
      Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      BUG: All my chars & boffs heads flash blue in the charselect and/or creator with this build.

win7 64bit
      gtx 550 ti - 314.22
      Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
    • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013

Loved that movie. Great Quote.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • captainh6captainh6 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Loved that movie. Great Quote.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention it :)
    • c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I still cannot patch tribble!! i keep getting the same error, i send tickets but nothing is being done and noone is getting back to me :(

i would like to actually test something....

tried reinstalling the entire tribble server and still the same error!

someone please help me. :(
      edited April 2013
      I still cannot patch tribble!! i keep getting the same error, i send tickets but nothing is being done and noone is getting back to me :(

i would like to actually test something....

tried reinstalling the entire tribble server and still the same error!

someone please help me. :(

What error? Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you looked for any zombie processes in the Task Manager?
    • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
      edited April 2013

I love you so much right now, zero.

edited April 2013
      i have literally tried everything from restarting my computer, stopping unwanted programs, compatibility mode, every option in the launcher... everything :(
    • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Looking forward the eventual Romulan release on Holodeck :)
      MXeSfqV.jpg
      edited April 2013
      Error ID 14180033 is what i get.... if that means anything
      edited April 2013
      Error ID 14180033 is what i get.... if that means anything

After you quit out of the game entirely, when you look at the processes in task manager, do you see any gameclient.exe instances still running? How about anything called cryptic-joystick or something similar?

Have you looked in your Event Viewer to see if there are any errors or warnings for your hard drive or its controller?