test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 12, 2013

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    avitrek wrote: »
    So you'd rather spend a console slot on a Tractor Beam?

The only way that would work is if they were to introduce a new console slots series such as 'Tool slots' or something like that. But that would require a lot of coding, and a lot more trial and error.

I like the Tractors the way they are now.

I think what messahla was talking about was having the tractor beam inherent to all ships. The Yellowstone Runabout from the C-store has a tractor beam built into the ship and it isn't a console or other equippable item. The only special item that shuttle comes with is a special engine that gives you a useable eject warp plasma-like ability. So the tractor beam is built in and all you do is place the ability on your skill tray. (Think along the lines of how all ships have the basic Transwarp to ESD/Qo'nos/Fleet starbase feature)

*Note: I do own the Yellowstone Runabout from the C-store so I know what I'm talking about.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For those complaining about the "nerf" to the emergency power to X abilities, I leave you with this: http://www.stowiki.org/Specialization:_Damage_Control_Engineer Put on active duty it's better than nothing. Edit: you can have up to 3 put on active duty increasing the chances of it activating. :)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    You can now cycle the abilities, but at ever 20 seconds, not every 30.

I mean... that is not something that will ruin space combat forever, unless the only thing you do is PVP with the most dangerous PVP-players.

In a cruiser-engineer, you can tank an elite tactical cube with only 1 copy of EPTS. (I cycle it with EPTW and EPTA)

If you have 2x EPtX - you can use both with no downtime, then you have a 5s gap, then you can use both again with no downtime, then you have a 5s gap, then you can use both again with no downtime, etc, etc, etc. You can reduce that 5s gap so there is no downtime.

If you have 1x EPtX - you use it, you wait 25s, you use it, you wait 25s, you use it, you wait 25s. You could potentially reduce the 25s to 10s. There will always be at least 10s downtime if you're using a single EPtX.

If you have EPtX/EPtY (two different EPtX) - similar to the single EPtX, you're looking at 10-25s gaps between each ability. There will be a 10-25s gap between each EPtX and a 10-25s gap between each EPtY. You can't go below that 10s gap.

Once more...the 2x EPtX - where they are the same - you have a 5s gap every 40s (every two usages of the EPtX ability) - you can reduce that 5s gap. 2pc MACO will make it a 2.9s gap every 40s (every two usages of the EPtX ability). AtB/DCE can also reduce that 5s gap. You can run 2x EPtX with full uptime.

All this change currently does is punish people that do not use 2x EPtX. It punishes those that use a single EPtX. It punishes those that use EPtX/EPtY. It punishes people that use 2x EPtX/EPtY.

The person that was using 2x EPtS - is not likely to notice.
    The person that was using a single EPtS - is looking at a 25s gap instead of a 15s gap.
    The person that was using EPtS/EPtW/E/A - is going from a 0-15s gap to 10-25s gap.

If the idea was to punish people not using 2x EPtX...then they did an awesome job.

If it was to stop 100% uptime on 2x EPtS? They failed.
    If it was to encourage people to try out combinations of EPtX/EPtY? They failed.
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

If the idea was to punish people not using 2x EPtX...then they did an awesome job.

If it was to stop 100% uptime on 2x EPtS? They failed.
    If it was to encourage people to try out combinations of EPtX/EPtY? They failed.

This pretty much sums it up

It highlights ignorance on the devs part as to their understanding of the basic mechanics of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, I wanted to wait and see before I commented, but now I've seen: You screwed EPtX abilities hard with this latest patch.

I'd have been fine with the patch before. Sure, EPtS would have a 10s window without direct bonus to Shield resistance, but whatever.

Now, when I cycle EPtW 1, another EPtW1, EPtS 1 and EPtS 2, I end up with 10s complete (no bonus to power, no other bonuses) downtime with each of them.

Either revert to previous patch (where at least you could continually chain the subsystem power bonuses) or lower the shared CD between different EPt abilities to 10s.

If you do neither, you're terribly nerfing cruisers while other ships will only mount twice EPtS and will have full uptime. Cruisers will either have these large holes in uptime, or nothing to slot in lower eng boff slots.

Please, adjudicatorhawh, change the current state.

EDIT: Oh, and I have no clue how the Damage Control engineer doffs affect all that nonsense. I really am not of the mood to try and find out. It sure is an even greater mess...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was really hoping with these changes they would take steps into removing the mandatory EPTS x2 so could actually use some of the other EPTx abilities.

But instead they are still mandatory, and not only that make it hurt to have a ship that uses more than EPTS x2.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Typical Cryptic...always nerfing cruisers...
  • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would recommend that the cooldowns go back to what they were for same abilities and the other eptXs. But change it so it lasts for 26 or 25 seconds. So you have a 4 or 5 second hole like you do with tac team eng team and sci team. 20 seconds is too drastic, but I fill 26 seconds would be a good go between or compromise. Keep the 15 second global and the 45 recharge of one ability, Just have their effects last for 26 seconds instead of 30 seconds like they do now.
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sigh, I didn't say it was super easy. I trained against super tanks aka the invincible cruisers. They were good pilots if they hadn't gone up against me they would still be undefeated 1v1. This is 1v1 not 1v2 I know it would be impossible for me to kill either cruiser with the other healing it.

Again I've practice over 60 matches against a few of those ships. After all that hard work I've finally made a build that can kill them 1v1. It was funny in Kerrat this galaxy ship was holding off 3 kdf ships and shrugging them off as if they were mere children. I come help and it dies quickly. The galaxy guy then asked for 1v1 and I killed him 1v1. I know that the galaxy isn't the recluse or star cruiser or wells, but its an example.

You know the saying there is always someone stronger? Just because you haven't been able to do doesn't mean no one has. People said no one could be no win scenario, but silverwings did. With my build it may take time to do kill the super ship, but they do go down. Also depending on the tank I'd need to alter my build to alternate modes as I adapt to their tanking style.

i just drop apa, tac fleet and gdf breens on those arrogant sheild fools, they blow up fast with full sheilds......(que troll song)
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank Ye, You know what for... :)
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i just drop apa, tac fleet and gdf breens on those arrogant sheild fools, they blow up fast with full sheilds......(que troll song)

No more GDF for you.They are working at ways to make tactical officer powers more useless. :rolleyes:
  • sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    matthewh01 wrote: »
    Typical Cryptic...always nerfing cruisers...

Actually...I see them as buffing cruisers. They say that the global CD for the same EPtX skills is 20 seconds, it matches the 20 second uptime of the damage resistance. Because of this change, I will now literally have 100% uptime of the damage resistance from EPtS...with shield heals from EPtS every 20 seconds INSTEAD of 30 seconds.

I know you're looking at me funny because you're thinking about running 2 copies of EPtX and having the 5 second gap after the two copies expire. In short, I run the Aux2Bat Technician build and here's what's going to happen if they don't change things. Also on a side note, I only have ONE copy of EPtS that I can use every 20 seconds. Here's how it works.

0s: EPtS3 - goes on 45 second CD
    0s: 1st Aux2Bat1 - All BOff abilities CD reduced by 30% (EPtS3 now down to 33s)
    10s: 2nd Aux2Bat1 - EPtS3 now down to 11s (because of the cap limit - previously 20s at this point)
    20s: Rinse and repeat.

Okay, according to the math, I have...1 second gap there (33% of 45s = about 12s. 33 - 20 - 12 = 1)...that downtime is seriously not worth mentioning.

So in that sense, the devs not only failed to put a gap between the same EPtX abilities, they have also lessened the time it takes to use them again - A MAJOR BUFF.

I guess the only redeeming part of all this is that the Aux2Bat Technician build is expensive and somewhat hard to master.

On a side note, yes I do play an engi-cruiser and have been in plenty of PvP.
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    No more GDF for you.They are working at ways to make tactical officer powers more useless. :rolleyes:

Yeah, GDF has gone to the same level of usefullness as Nadion inversion. Which is pretty close to zero.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited April 2013
    Actually...I see them as buffing cruisers. They say that the global CD for the same EPtX skills is 20 seconds, it matches the 20 second uptime of the damage resistance. Because of this change, I will now literally have 100% uptime of the damage resistance from EPtS...with shield heals from EPtS every 20 seconds INSTEAD of 30 seconds.

I know you're looking at me funny because you're thinking about running 2 copies of EPtX and having the 5 second gap after the two copies expire. In short, I run the Aux2Bat Technician build and here's what's going to happen if they don't change things. Also on a side note, I only have ONE copy of EPtS that I can use every 20 seconds. Here's how it works.

10s: 2nd Aux2Bat1 - EPtS3 now down to 11s (because of the cap limit - previously 20s at this point)

Okay, according to the math, I have...1 second gap there (33% of 45s = about 12s. 33 - 20 - 12 = 1)...that downtime is seriously not worth mentioning.

So in that sense, the devs not only failed to put a gap between the same EPtX abilities, they have also lessened the time it takes to use them again - A MAJOR BUFF.

I guess the only redeeming part of all this is that the Aux2Bat Technician build is expensive and somewhat hard to master.

What do you put on the ensign eng boff slots?

Also, does the Aux2Batt strategy manage to cycle 2 different EPt with full uptime? If not, then cruisers are in the bad situation i explained, nothing to slot. If yes, then Aux2Batt has become the only useful strategy for cruisers. Sad.

I guess I'll have to transfer an appropriate toon to find out...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You do know that suggesting the devs should test more changes is kinda silly when you post on the TEST SERVER notes.

That's why it gets pushed here, and not Holodeck..
  • bradaighbradaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

But your math is wrong. Go to Tribble and see, you now have a 11 seconds gap with Aux2Bat.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Systems:
    • Melee damage is now more effective against crouching targets.

Can you please clarify? The buff icon tooltip still shows "-100 Dmg Rs vs. Melee". How much effective is it now?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

edited April 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    What do you put on the ensign eng boff slots?

Also, does the Aux2Batt strategy manage to cycle 2 different EPt with full uptime? If not, then cruisers are in the bad situation i explained, nothing to slot. If yes, then Aux2Batt has become the only useful strategy for cruisers. Sad.

I guess I'll have to transfer an appropriate toon to find out...

I put eng team and something else such as eptw.
    bradaigh wrote: »
    But your math is wrong. Go to Tribble and see, you now have a 11 seconds gap with Aux2Bat.

No, you have 11 s after 10s.
    I put eng team and something else such as eptw.

No, you have 11 s after 10s.

Well, if you use EPtS and EPtW, you'll have 10s holes in both.

• carmen1983090887carmen1983090887 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance later this afternoon to apply a new update.

[*]Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.

[/LIST]

You should really put both factions back up on the test server. with just 1 month it would be a good idea to have both the KDF AND RSE fully tested before may 21
  • ebonywyvernebonywyvern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Remove EP2S and give all ships 125 power across the board, passive shield distribution and 75% damage resistance.

Balance fix'd.
    LTS Since Beta Weekend
    Formerly @BlackWyvern
    Stupid account merge...
    edited April 2013
    Well, if you use EPtS and EPtW, you'll have 10s holes in both.

Correct, however, there's no real way around that. If you double stack and get another EPtX, you'll still have the 10s hole. The additional EPtX is just another option I put in. I have both Tact team 1 and Engi team 1 in my build, but they can both be used at the 15 CD expiration. (A choice rather than none at all)

With the Aux2Bat Technician build, you won't have to double stack any ability to be able to use it at the lowest possible CD. Hence, instead of having a copy of EPtS3 and EPtS1 for example, you'll have EPtS3 both times. However, it is true that I sacrifice the lower tier engi skills, but it's worth the tradeoff for "double stacking" the high tier skills.
    Long-term, we believe the EPtX abilities would be more interesting if their effects were yet more substantial but they had significant downtime. /QUOTE]

Yes please, I look forward to that day.
    edited April 2013
    Correct, however, there's no real way around that. If you double stack and get another EPtX, you'll still have the 10s hole. The additional EPtX is just another option I put in. I have both Tact team 1 and Engi team 1 in my build, but they can both be used at the 15 CD expiration. (A choice rather than none at all)

With the Aux2Bat Technician build, you won't have to double stack any ability to be able to use it at the lowest possible CD. Hence, instead of having a copy of EPtS3 and EPtS1 for example, you'll have EPtS3 both times. However, it is true that I sacrifice the lower tier engi skills, but it's worth the tradeoff for "double stacking" the high tier skills.

Yeah, I understand your point, I also run a couple Aux2Batt builds.

But I'm just very unhappy that my cruisers will now be more vulnerable (downtime in EPtS when using another EPtX) than most other ships (where I'll rather slot 2xEPtS and have little to no downtime).

That's why I ask for a reworking of the cooldowns, either back to 30 on the copy of the same ability (as well as back to subsystem power bonus for the whole 30s). Or lower the shared CD between different EPtX abilities to 10s making them cyclable and with all effects for the full duration (yes, that would make them very strong).

• miaximiaxi Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we get the ship to appear first in the repair menu, please?
    edited April 2013
    ...Or lower the shared CD between different EPtX abilities to 10s making them cyclable and with all effects for the full duration (yes, that would make them very strong).

Indeed. That change to shared CD to different EPtX abilities would maintain the current system where there's a nice gap for people to fit in a second EPtX without messing up the synergy of "double stacking". Hopefully they decide to keep that synergy by changing the shared CD of EPtXs.
    miaxi wrote: »
    Can we get the ship to appear first in the repair menu, please?

I think there is a bigger issue than just the repair menu, if you click a player's info box, it shows their shuttle as the main ship, if they fix that then I'm sure the repairs would auto-correct itself.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Big Personal Tray #4:
    - No longer absorbs Ships Weapons in space. It has a clicky to fire the weapons, but weapons are still there taking up space. (dislike)
    - No longer absorbs Bridge Crew bar. (dislike)
    - Does show the Shift panel next to the original one instead of seperating it and having to maneuvar it someplace else. (like)

I often made use of BPT#4 because it did absorb those two in the past. I had all my skills from my boffs in specific spots in the Skill Tray and had more room for the game.

Ability to "Lock" the UI into place still not included (NOT the Skills to drag to the skill bar, but something else entirely).
    - The ability to "Lock" in the game currently refers keeping your skills locked in the game.

This is not to what I personally refer to. I'm an avid mouse/keyboard user, however your UI has no "lock" option to keep the UI in place. You specifically have a "Rearrange Hud" button, I suggest making it to where you cannot "edit" the UI unless you're in the "Rearrange Hud" menu so that the UI cannot "accidentally" be grabbed (like in a pvp or pve battle) and dragged half-way across the screen. Keep in mind your chat box, need to be able to modify the size of that as well in the Rearrange Hud menu if you choose to go that route. :)

Bridge Officer Stations reset every time you zone. Must currently reset every boff in every zone if flying from space combat to space combat.

This is an obvious bug that simply needs to get addressed eventually.

Species Traits
    - Ability to change your species traits in the game.

I like this. I can't tell you how many times I've remade my character and levelled him back to 50 because I screwed up on something simple at character creation.

My experience so far with the setup on Tribble. :)
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Indeed. That change to shared CD to different EPtX abilities would maintain the current system where there's a nice gap for people to fit in a second EPtX without messing up the synergy of "double stacking". Hopefully they decide to keep that synergy by changing the shared CD of EPtXs.

I would rather they just not mess with EPtX at all. It's been around long enough to become a staple, and frankly the way things are lining up to be "more interesting" now, we'll either end up with, instead of chaining, confusing click-flurries that leave vulnerability from both cooldown and trying to keep track of what is on cooldown, who is getting shot where, and other undesirable aspects such as this.

Unfortunately from the sounds of it they are determined to break the emergency power abilities, if not in this patch, then later down the line, so I don't even know if anyone is listening.

At this rate I may just retire my cruisers, stick all my characters in Defiant Retrofits and just use that as my ship from now on. I've spent the vast majority of my zen on cruisers, and escort play is meh for me in anything more than small doses, so this is a rather active disincentive to continue spending at all.
    edited April 2013
    red01999 wrote: »
    I would rather they just not mess with EPtX at all. It's been around long enough to become a staple, and frankly the way things are lining up to be "more interesting" now, we'll either end up with, instead of chaining, confusing click-flurries that leave vulnerability from both cooldown and trying to keep track of what is on cooldown, who is getting shot where, and other undesirable aspects such as this.

Unfortunately from the sounds of it they are determined to break the emergency power abilities, if not in this patch, then later down the line, so I don't even know if anyone is listening.

If anything, this patch has increased the usefulness of having only one type of emergency power. I'm probably now going to run a copy of EPtS1 and swap out my last three skills for something entirely different.