test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banned from joining or starting queues since when?????

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Like since when do you get BANNED in all queues???:mad:

And how long is my ban???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »
    I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Since Season 7, and it's for 1 hour.
  • uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it says STF not everything else beside I have left STF before and it never done that to me why today?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you bailed when the optional was failed ?

Did you consider the 3 guys you left in mission, if they also left they would've gotten a leaver penalty as well but since you left and there was only 3 to try to finish the mission, YOU hosed them.

A 1 hour ban isn't punishment enough for you selfishness and treachery.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • lysandermarcelluslysandermarcellus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by lysandermarcellus on
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the leaver penalty needs to be removed completely.

Because if its removed, afk leechers will no longer be able to troll so badly.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.

Most idiotic thing I've read today...
  • lysandermarcelluslysandermarcellus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by lysandermarcellus on
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol that backfired on the OP didn't it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1st bail 1 hour
    2nd bail 3 hours
    3rd bail 24 hours
    4th bail 7 days
    5th bail life

(just my view)
    Live long and Prosper
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have no problem if someone leaves.and.the one hour ban is sufficient... I have a problem with people.who.afk the entire match, then as soon as its over pick up their loot and leave...

I think if you afk an entire match and grab your loot at the end you should be demoted 10 levels...
  • comashcomash Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, leaving the rest hanging and you get a ban for an hour and complain? This is a mild punishment for such and act, I would be ruthless making it account wide 4 hour ban. I understand sometimes it's not your fault and lose connection sometimes and can't get back on in time, but that's rare enough to not worry about, also I hate it when someone bails just cause the optional failed. On cure space it's more important everyone is there than the other two. So, the one hour ban is a good thing and imo not harsh enough.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There should be a team kick feature that can be implemented by the team voting to kick someone else off the team if they are AFKing.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP said 1 person already left and then he decided to leave and got a penalty. If 1 person already left the mission other players should be able to leave without penalty. Players should not be forced into playing short handed or get a penalty.

I have been in some ground missions that had multiple people leave making the mission impossible to finish and then I left and got a penalty and that is just BS. I hate having to either wait 15 min from start of the mission to be able to leave without penalty.

I personally don't like the penalty at all because more people leech missions that have penalties because they know people would be much less likely to leave. If people could leave without penalty their would be less leeching because more people would leave if their are leechers and the leechers would get nothing making leeching much less profitable.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the problem with that is, while you are making it less profitable for leachers, you are making the STFs easier to troll. That's what happened before the penalty was implemented, people will troll STFs by leaving, either at the very start, or at a critical moment, just to TRIBBLE with the rest of the team. Plus you'll have the people who leave when the optional looks like it's gonna fail, even though the optional doesn't matter anymore, (it never did, really, because the prototypes never dropped in the optional bag anyway) but people still think it makes a difference.
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.

And those that have a good net connection and get kicked because of the game are also screwed. But since that was none of our fault we need to get out of the stone age.

Some things would work so much better if people just thought before they commented.
  • chushachusha Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Stone age? That would be the land of floppy disks, sneaker net, thin net, fat net, token ring, coax networks, and dial up modems... OH GOT THE HORRORS!!

And things happen to internet connections. Networks lag, routers go bad, modems die, and power blips, brownouts, and outages happen.

Even with a battery backup system running my PC and home network all it takes for those of us not in a location with underground utilities is a single tree branch, tree, speeding lunatic, drunk driver, or forces of nature to cause a disruption in utilities. And by utilities I mean phone/DSL/ADSL/fiber optic, cable TV/internet, and power.

Things happen, Murphy comes over for a visit, and just accept the fact that while YOU may have an internet connection that others dream about, YOU must pause and think about those of us who may not have the most stable always available connections. I had to live with dial up for years, NEVER getting above 26.4kb due to old paper insulated phone lines. Then in 2002... Adelphia dropped broadband service, which was about as stable as a drunk one legged giraffe. In 2003 Adelphia had managed to "fix" their network, later actually fixing it before becoming Comcast. Even today I still have issues with the Comcast internet service.

It even took my area 11 years to get even a single bar of cellular service. Now my area gets two bars of service, and I don't even have to go out to the end of my driveway to fish for a cellular signal like in the past.
    Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
    ██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
    ██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I think the leaver penalty needs to be removed completely.

Because if its removed, afk leechers will no longer be able to troll so badly.
    AFK leechers are just there for free loot with no effort, removing the penalty won't change anything, and a vote kick system would only work in a perfect world where there are no idiots that kick people for stupid reasons, anything that can be abused, will be abused. For AFKers some mechanism needs to be implemented so that zero effort equals zero reward, that will be the only thing that will discourage AFKers.
    The leaver penalty is working exactly as it should, it's an appropriate reward for selfishness and betrayal, in fact it may be too lenient.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, if someone's AFK in an ESTF or nerd-raging over an optional failure, the last thing the people actually contributing need is a bunch of spheres, probes, assimilated ships, and cubes beating them up while they're actually trying to do objectives. So, I'm a pretty nice guy and do the right thing -- I'll pop an FaW, torpedo volley, and evasive maneuvers and get the excess of enemy ships as far away from the team as possible. Crowd control is crowd control, no matter how you control them, and managing pulls is a great way to control crowds!

If that great big group of enemy ships just happens to end up within firing range of someone who could have easily avoided them or fought them off had they been paying attention in the first place...oops, my bad. Lesson learned, I guess, shame on me for not paying attention to where I was pulling that inordinately large group of very angry Borg. I was just trying to help! :)
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • vaewenvaewen Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    AFK leechers are just there for free loot with no effort, removing the penalty won't change anything, and a vote kick system would only work in a perfect world where there are no idiots that kick people for stupid reasons, anything that can be abused, will be abused. For AFKers some mechanism needs to be implemented so that zero effort equals zero reward, that will be the only thing that will discourage AFKers.
    The leaver penalty is working exactly as it should, it's an appropriate reward for selfishness and betrayal, in fact it may be too lenient.

Today I spend a while putting on my best anti borg equip and queue up for Khitomer in Statis.. only - just that one, because that's the one I want to play. Before long, the Engage window pops up, I click it, wait for the other players, and eventually there we are.

One of the players teams us up,
    and suddenly the game says I will be removed from the map in 10 seconds. That long window pops up so I may leave early (which I don't want to leave AT ALL!)

I didn't do anything to leave the map, and there's NOTHING I can do to stop it! Didn't lose Internet connection at all.

10 seconds later, I'm back where I was before we started. I did NOTHING to leave, wasn't afk obviously... not a quitter.

Didn't get to play the queue I signed up for and banned for 1 hour from joining or creating public queues.

Please explain why it "should" work that way.

See this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=513871
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I try not to leave if possible unless its just lost.

I think that the first person to leave should get the ban after than they don't

Also I have had my wireless over heat so I got disconnected I did not get a ban for that I just rejoined when I could.

Also Do not put in a kick button I know the game can do with it at times however you may get it aimed at you even through you are playing very well. If it does, than the "match" whatever would need to be moderated quite well to stop it being wrongly used....

my 2 cents
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On the contrary. A "vote to kick" button SHOULD be implemented to boot the trolls out of STFs.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • vaewenvaewen Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On the contrary. A "vote to kick" button SHOULD be implemented to boot the trolls out of STFs.

You mean so that the trolls can boot the good players.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013

There already is a Vote button...

It's called the "Don't Click On PUGS" Option and it's available every time you open the que window.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vaewen wrote: »
    Please explain why it "should" work that way.
    That's clearly a bug, there is no vote kick to remove you from an STF but I think that a team leader can kick you from a team with the game then mistakenly kicking you from the instance, although I'm just guessing on that. It's unfortunate that you had a 1 hour ban, but the leaver penalty such as it is is far preferable to the situation that existed before it's incorporation where we had trolls often leaving stfs early just to mess with people. It's a sad truth that we have many trolls playing this game who should be banned from playing, it's for that reason that we can't use a vote kick system, these trolls will not use it for it's intended purpose, but will sadistically abuse it just to get sick pleasure from ruining someone elses gaming experience.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »

Agreed! Some sort of automatic inactivity kick for the AFKers would be nice, and a lengthy ban also
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys do realize that after you've spent 15 minutes on an STF map that you entered via a public queue; you can leave and NOT get the penalty (granted I haven't done it in about 3 months - and the last time I did, it was an infected Elite whee ww had a random griefer just plain (and IMO intentionally, as he was shooting Generators on the second Transformer while the rest of us were burning down the first Transformer -- and he ignored requests to stop, as one other tried to explain why he needs to wait) -- but it worked that way about 3 months ago.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vaewen wrote: »
    You mean so that the trolls can boot the good players.

Exactly my point. Anyone who has played CSS or other that has that, its gets abused like hell...
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, what if you get temporarily banned by mistake?
    In other words, what if you joined the wrong queue and had to leave it right away, and you get 1 hour banned for it?

Doesn't that sound unfair, since you didn't mean to join that one queue, but was actually going for the queue above or below it and you accidently press that other queue by mistake?

Well, it just happened to me: I was aiming for the Crystalline Entity event, and pressed Hive Onslaught by mistake, so I log out of it once it was done loading, and now I got banned from queues for an hour. It was all a mistake on my part. I was going down the queue list too fast.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Vote kick would only be really useful to troll if you also had the leaver penalty. If the leaver penalty only occured when you voluntarily left and not if you were frocefuly removed then the only real troll left would be to kick you before the finish.

However even that could be solved with a cut off say 10 minutes into the stf you cant kick anyone.

Would it solve all leeching?...no
    Would it solve some leeching?....probably

Is it worth it to boot a bad player?.....eh depends on how good the other 4 are
    Could it be abused?...sure, but to what gain if you can just cue right back up?

And to clear that last hurdle, what if its obviously a lost cause before the 15 minute mark?
    A vote quit system. The remaining plaayers vote to end the stf early and leave with no penalty.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »

You sound like the ragequitters I have been having to deal with lately! I can barely get an STF done without one dropping for one reason or another, thus making the mission either VERY hard or impossible to finish. I can't count how many missions that I and fellow team members have had to quit out of because someone ragequitted. It's getting to the point that I can only finish MAYBE one or two STFs a night due to ragequitters. And for someone trying to get his Omega rep up for some antiproton weapon so he can be more effective in STFs, that's a problem.

And before you say that I should play with people in my fleet, let me add that I mostly play late nights because I have a very busy life during the day and barely have time for STO.

Also, on a side note, I don't seem to suffer the leaver penalty when I drop from a match for above reasons. I have been in a match and had to drop when two people dropped and made the mission impossible to finish (Cure: Applied, I think it was), so I entered into Cure Found pve and got in, strangely at the same time as one of my team members from the match before also joined that one. Of course, that was a strange match in which someone was flying a Tier 2 Connie. Oh dear, that was a night.
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering