test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The AtB Bop Healboat

renimaltrenimalt Member Posts: 219 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Go ahead, laugh! Tell anybody you want, they can't do anything to me, not any more, and nor can any of you!

I'm a healer, dammit! You can deny me all you want, but you can't deny my build? It exists! That bop, that build, all those heals - they exist in here! In my mind!

I created it! And every one of you can see it, every one of you read it! It's here!

Do you hear what I'm telling you?! You can dismiss a build, but you cannot destroy an idea. Don't you understand?!? That's ancient knowledge, you cannot destroy an idea!

That AtB bop healboat - I created it, and it's real! Don't you understand? It is real! I created it! And it's real!

It's REAL!!!!! *breaks down sobbing*

(Was thinking of going for the old "they said I was mad", but thought that this would be more Trek :D)
Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
Post edited by renimalt on

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so you gonna role a klink now? :D if you get tired of your bird of fail, give the fleet orian ship a try! its got your favorite station setup!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ren, you run the 2x SDO(BFI) and 3x DCE(AtS) - right?

You'll be eating 25s gaps on your EPtS/EPtA if you do so. Pesky Tribble notes. :(
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Go full B'rel cloak healer! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited April 2013
    I have been playing around with the same idea a while ago. With a B'rel or the norg.
    However, not 2x AtoB, but yes with ST3 as main heal with 2 lab scientists. Also EptS and EptE with 2x damage engineers. Weapons mainly torps and beam target X. And keep high speed and high aux.

Only problem i had was that I tried these things with my sci klingon. I got killed too easily. So I guess better suited for an engineer. Also 3 part KHG would be good with this build, so you can keep stealth up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know... if you run a quartermaster doff you can keep your aux, more or less. Do HE and TSS drop the EBC for the duration?

And if you run the 3 piece KHG MEF buffs allies in an aoe.

But sad to say, and this may go away with LoR, Scattering Field is probably more useful on a cloaked healer, isn't it?

Wasn't drunk passing a collection plate to buy you a Fleet Corsair anyway?
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah..the fleet Norgh... my favourite toy (why I have to pay 1000z to get the ning'tao skin bugs me though) - It really is a versatile lil' critter - My own build though only uses one atb as, well....a bop should not be visible long enough to require more than one atb imo (get in, do your job, get out, shake it all about -ahem-)

Currently, I run a primary 'gank support' build - using atb to doublestack beam overloads primarily, but also using atb to speed up the cds of my heals, my polarise hull for escaping a tractor while apO is on cd and my 'just incase' ability (jam sensor, mask energy signiature) for those times the cloak is broken (I've lost count how many times my 'just incase' ability has saved my ship)

Regarding the OPs build, I would seriously consider giving your bop some teeth and some more survivability should it go belly up (this is just an idea, its not perfect, but its a possible to my mind):

Tac ltc: TT1, APD, CRF
    (Or hy2..though considering it looks like a proc turret build, maybe even scatter)

Cmdr eng: ET1, ATB1, EPts3, Extend 3
    Lt eng Eptaux1, aux2damp1
    (why aux2damp? it might not be as effective as omega, but its resist to disable can help escape tractors when ph2 is on cd- plus the 67% flight speed boost and turn rate has uses...or maybe even aux2sif, for extra resist/heal potential)

Ltc sci: sci team 1, ph2, he3
    (No high level teams as, well, they clash to much to be worth it imo)

Maximum 30% cd reduction per atb activation, combined with the fact it can be used while cloaked would make this a fairly servicible healbop in my opinion - plus with an easily used epts3, a large chunk of shield can be rebuilt at will - plus the resist is relatively high - only issue to my mind is the lack of a secondary 'cloak', such as mask or jam - thus slotting two purple evasive conn doffs would be very useful
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ooh a new healer from Reni I won-

[sees Reni sobbing on the floor cradling a model Ning'tao]

[closes door to thread and slinks away]

If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nandospc wrote: »
    A cloakable healer... uuhh serious business :eek::D

Not sure if want or not want "Surprise! Extend Shields!" :confused:

I dunno Reni, this thing... it just, I dunno. I cannot make heads or tails of it. :(
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if want or not want "Surprise! Extend Shields!" :confused:

I dunno Reni, this thing... it just, I dunno. I cannot make heads or tails of it. :(

Coming from someone who has slotted an extend on a bop in the same way suggested before... it does work remarkably well - although the operation of it on a norgh is quite different to a typical gank bop in that battlecloaks cooldown is not fast enough for your purposes as you need a faster 'alpha' than a typical bop

Lets say theres a fat old voquv about to be bugged - a healbop type I'd run would have mask energy signiature -somewhere-

Namely, decloak, drop the extend, maybe some heals and epts then before they know you were there, hit mask energy signiature and evasive - then get out of there, on battlecloaks cd when it clears, toggling off mask and cloaking properly

...the point of mask is that your shields do not drop - thus you can take a degree of fire before being fully hidden

then atb to get your cds lowered and repeat

you might not kill anything, but that fat old bird you covered will appreciate it
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Photonic Shockwave with doffs :D
    burstorion wrote: »
    Coming from someone who has slotted an extend on a bop in the same way suggested before... it does work remarkably well - ...

Lets say theres a fat old voquv about to be bugged - ....

you might not kill anything, but that fat old bird you covered will appreciate it

This is so wrong on so many levels... :D
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This is so wrong on so many levels... :D

Oh, I know...but its fun to make 'buggy boys' have to work for a kill...unsurprisingly, thats why I have a secondary cloak as they -will- be upset if their typical alpha is shrugged off by even a standard voquv and go for a nearby, far softer target (plus its useful too for getting out the spawn unscathed...they decloak you, you just use the other cloak :p
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Q help me I can't stop laughing.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Q help me I can't stop laughing.

Kerrats a fun place to test unusual builds...the 'wtf?!?' factor of a bop looking like its about to pull an alpha but then dropping a slew of heals on the enemy target before vanishing is worth the admission price alone, so to speak

if/when I ever get ahold of four more fleet modules, I plan to give my sci klink a dedicated healbop norgh..just for the joy of tossing an snb on the attacker as well - heck, might even not bother running weapons on it and really confuse those who parse the games :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Oh, I know...but its fun to make 'buggy boys' have to work for a kill...unsurprisingly, thats why I have a secondary cloak as they -will- be upset if their typical alpha is shrugged off by even a standard voquv and go for a nearby, far softer target (plus its useful too for getting out the spawn unscathed...they decloak you, you just use the other cloak :p

I, uh, I don't think that means what you think it means.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I, uh, I don't think that means what you think it means.

I get the feeling I probably should not use google to find out from the sounds of it ...err, ahem...

..how about 'cockroach ship jockeys'?
  • Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    B'rel FTW!!!

I wish they finally release that skin for it that was planner b4 game went f2p, i bet they lost it since that guy left cryptic (The ship modeller) i forgot his name.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    renimalt wrote: »
    Go ahead, laugh! Tell anybody you want, they can't do anything to me, not any more, and nor can any of you!

I'm a healer, dammit! You can deny me all you want, but you can't deny my build? It exists! That bop, that build, all those heals - they exist in here! In my mind!

I created it! And every one of you can see it, every one of you read it! It's here!

Do you hear what I'm telling you?! You can dismiss a build, but you cannot destroy an idea. Don't you understand?!? That's ancient knowledge, you cannot destroy an idea!

That AtB bop healboat - I created it, and it's real! Don't you understand? It is real! I created it! And it's real!

It's REAL!!!!! *breaks down sobbing*

(Was thinking of going for the old "they said I was mad", but thought that this would be more Trek :D)

you should put more tobacco on that
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    B'rel FTW!!!

I wish they finally release that skin for it that was planner b4 game went f2p, i bet they lost it since that guy left cryptic (The ship modeller) i forgot his name.

they are saving it for.... wait for it.... the fleet bird of prey pet. ya...
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't know if someone else mentioned it cause not sure if this thread is for real, but you realize AtB drains your auxiliary power which is what the effectiveness of heals is based on? That means using AtB is not good for a healer. You want to use the opposite of AtB, which is EPtA as a healer.