test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infected: Manus (Elite) Optional

hokeb1hokeb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello All,

I am looking for a group interested in running this to achieve the optional. I have ran this almost 90 times with no luck. I have read http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Infected:_Manus/Walkthrough as well as a couple other sites and also watched a few youtube videos as well and ran the Standard STF SEVERAL times.

So far this is the only STF optional I can't seem to complete in a PUG.

If interested contact me in game: Sare@hokeb1 My Time Zone is Eastern Time Zone (EDT) Or NYC time for the time zone challenged ;) and I'm usually on after 8:30pm

thanks in advance
Post edited by hokeb1 on

Comments

• phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The fastest way to do it is to join the channel publicelitestf and say you're looking for an IGE run for optional.

Just type in chat client: /channel_join publicelitestf

There's a bunch of private channels as well that people play on for STFs.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't count on the stf channel... They are no better than pugs. You may need to look toward your fleet, and if they can't help you join a fleet who can.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    Don't count on the stf channel... They are no better than pugs.

Extremely strongly disagree with your comment. I've never failed an optional when using an STF channel for the past year. Whereas some pugs have been great, others have been absolutely atrocious.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • hokeb1hokeb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The fastest way to do it is to join the channel publicelitestf and say you're looking for an IGE run for optional.

Just type in chat client: /channel_join publicelitestf

There's a bunch of private channels as well that people play on for STFs.

thanks, Ill give it a try
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    Don't count on the stf channel... They are no better than pugs. You may need to look toward your fleet, and if they can't help you join a fleet who can.
    Extremely strongly disagree with your comment. I've never failed an optional when using an STF channel for the past year. Whereas some pugs have been great, others have been absolutely atrocious.

For the first time, and with much pain in my heart, I have to agree with Akurie... Every Run I've had with people from that channel, has ended up in total disaster...

You wanna know how I got all my optional from Infected? PUG's...

Thats when I turned my back on that channel, and never looked back
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never had any issue with the channel, I've had way better runs with them than I ever did with pugs, that said though the IGE optional is extremely difficult, even with the best of the channel with the best team compositions I've only ever made it once every other time we've been 1 or two rooms away (we once had all but 1 of them and the timer ended the second before he registered as having beamed out, that was infuriating).

In short you might as well try the channel, you have nothing to lose aside from (upto) 30 minutes of your life and perhaps an optional and accolade to gain... worth a try right?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The channel isn't filled with ULTRA ELITE players, but I've never had any real problems with it. Ground Elite optionals take a level and kind of assertiveness and teamwork that some players may not be comfortable or familiar with, even if they've cleared Space Elites, especially Infected. Infected Space takes the smallest fraction of teamwork that Infected Ground does, but if the team gets a good rhythm going, the latter can go as smoothly as the former.
  • captainman2captainman2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i,m in the same boat this is the only optional i have left on one toon. have had less the stellar results. every time i play it though public Que some one screws it up. so feel free to contact me in game lately i,m on my engineer toon goes by the name of Krystal my other toon is a tac by the name of Bruce. would really love to get this optional done and over with.
    to the defiant and lets kick some borg tail:)