test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Ore is Piling up. Refining cap exceeded everyday.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My Dilithium Ore is piling up and seems to be useless as i have exceeded the refining cap of a tiny 8000 a day.
The Ore could be used in useful projects if the Devs switch from refined to ore instead.
One simple little alteration will not affect cryptic/pwe money grabbing ways surely.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd log on - refine it, log off and go watch a movie. Rinse and repeat until it's all refined :)

Or play the game for other than Dilithium ;)
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Or play the game for other than Dilithium ;)

That!

Go play and don't care about the mineral...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    My Dilithium Ore is piling up and seems to be useless as i have exceeded the refining cap of a tiny 8000 a day.
    The Ore could be used in useful projects if the Devs switch from refined to ore instead.
    One simple little alteration will not affect cryptic/pwe money grabbing ways surely.

Still demanding that the refinement cap be raised? :rolleyes:

I think I will go with the suggestion posted by the others - find something else to do in game that is enjoyable. ;)
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Or play on another toon, that's what I usually do unless I REALLY need something on the toon I'm on.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As long as Cryptic has a vested interest in keeping Dilithium rare they're not going to increase the refinement cap.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "There is no spoon."

There is no cap. Just use more characters.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stahl has given us his non-answer on this already, when the absolutely impossible task of every character getting close to their daily refinement limit happens, they'll raise it.

We all know it won't happen, there are too many casual people that don't log in, or people with alts just skimming the bottom bringing in 1k per day. Its an impossible goal, it won't ever happen, but the answer seems to satisfy most people for some reason.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to admit I give the OP credit for basically making the same dilithium thread each week for the past couple of months with the same basic complaint worded in a slightly different way each time. It's impressive.

To the matter at hand, I cant see them changing it while money is attached. Perhaps they could do the 'use ore' for the special vanity ones, or maybe the big base upgrade projects but they wont do it for all.

as others have said, the best thing is to work on and use multiple characters. then the cap almost goes away.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OP, get some alts.
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If there was no cap on refining how will that affect the already high dilithium prices?

yeah, come to think of it I'm quite happy with 8k cap, it still allows me to refined 20-25k daily across multiple toons
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah.....just use a few alts once you cap on your main, it's easy enough to gear one up with blue MkXI/XII stuff and run ESTFs.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deyvad wrote: »
    If there was no cap on refining how will that affect the already high dilithium prices?

yeah, come to think of it I'm quite happy with 8k cap, it still allows me to refined 20-25k daily across multiple toons
    I don't think it would affect anything too much. The people like us who really want to refine more than 8k per day already are. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm talking about the unwashed masses being able to refined more than 8k, not the superior breed of players smart enough to bypass minor inconveniances.

a fleet weapons now costs about 125% of a daily dilithium refining, if the refining cap was raised to 50K, we would be able to equip a whole ship with a single day of refining dil.
    Everything I've seen points to Cryptic trying to make us come back for more (come back to refine dil, come back to start rep project, come back for fleet projects, 20hr cool down on missions, etc.), therefore, I strongly believe if the refining cap is raised, we would have a raise in the cost of dilithium throughout the game, from fleet projects, to rep stores, and everything in between (ships, etc.).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    deyvad wrote: »
    I'm talking about the unwashed masses being able to refined more than 8k, not the superior breed of players smart enough to bypass minor inconveniances.
    What I mean is that I think the vast majority of players already bypass the cap. We're not seeing the "unwashed masses" complaining about the cap in threads like this. We're seeing the minority who only want it their way or no other way at all.

Even the Silver newb knows he can play his Fed and earn Dilithium and then log into his KDF and watch Contraband fall from the sky - which then gets converted into Dilithium Ore.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Stahl has given us his non-answer on this already, when the absolutely impossible task of every character getting close to their daily refinement limit happens, they'll raise it.

We all know it won't happen, there are too many casual people that don't log in, or people with alts just skimming the bottom bringing in 1k per day. Its an impossible goal, it won't ever happen, but the answer seems to satisfy most people for some reason.

The reason it satisfy's most people, is that most people don't hit the limit on most characters. Yes the power gamers do. Run a few pug ESTFs to take a look at who "most people" are.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Although the cap won't be raised in do believe there is merit in the ore not refined idea for fleet projects
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    but the answer seems to satisfy most people for some reason.
    It doesn't satisfy, but at least it's an answer; no, the cap will never be raised.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't satisfy, but at least it's an answer; no, the cap will never be raised.

I'd say that perhaps most, but at least some are satisfied with that answer, even if you are not.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The more alts you have the more you can refine. As far as the 8000 a day cap is concerned I don't think they will change it. it is a way to control how much dilithium enters the economy. it also prevent anyone who finds an exploit on earning dilithium ore from flooding the market.

I may not like it but I understand it. If they were to remove the cap they literally crash the market. Since they view 980 dilithium as about 15 to 20 minutes then they probably feel that 8000 a day makes sense to them.
  • Options
    princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have 305 dilithium left to contribute to my omega requisition and I can't refine any of my 5,000 dilithium!

WTF, STO?

Is there a reason you're doing this or is it arbitrary just to be difficult?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have 305 dilithium left to contribute to my omega requisition and I can't refine any of my 5,000 dilithium!

WTF, STO?

Is there a reason you're doing this or is it arbitrary just to be difficult?

There has always been a cap. It's 8000 a day. And they do it specificaly to annoy you.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can only refine 8,000 per day. It resets at 8 PM US Eastern Daylight Time. It's there because they don't want a flood of dilithium in the game, to try and keep control of the economy
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited April 2013
    its there for a reason.. if not dilithium would be through the roof..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's to control dilithium's flow into the economy. Removing it would be bad. Stop crying, go refine some on an alt and send it to your other toon via DilEx abuse. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    or just spend the 3 zen on it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There has always been a cap. It's 8000 a day. And they do it specificaly to annoy you.

Yuh, can see how that was called for. I mean clearly I think they're after me specifically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yuh, can see how that was called for. I mean clearly I think they're after me specifically.
    If you take everything said on a forum personally you're in for a very unhappy life.

And in all fairness, you have been here 6 months so the 8k cap limit shouldn't have been much of a surprise at this point - especially when there's a new thread about wanting to raise the limit on the forum almost every week. :)
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If you take everything said on a forum personally you're in for a very unhappy life.

And in all fairness, you have been here 6 months so the 8k cap limit shouldn't have been much of a surprise at this point - especially when there's a new thread about wanting to raise the limit on the forum almost every week. :)

Dilithium exchange is your friend. 2 hours at a minimum wage job == 140,000 dilithium.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's exactly why the cap is there, to convince you to buy zen and exchange it.
This discussion has been closed.