test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mesh Weaver AI Disrespectful

ebonywyvernebonywyvern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Those darn spider people don't like taking orders from anyone..

I assign my Mesh Weavers to attack or intercept, and they go off flying on the other side of the map attacking whatever they feel like, instead of what I'm telling them to.

They like following people, and will respect recall commands, but that's about it.

Additionally, when one is destroyed, and I try relaunching it, instead of filling the role of the now missing Weaver, one of the active ships will despawn, leaving me again with 3 fighters. This gets worse with 2 down, as the two active will often despawn, leaving me again with 2.. Instead of my full rack of 4.

As a side note, they like broadsiding a bit too much, considering most their damage is in the 90? arc.

Bug Report # 1539070
LTS Since Beta Weekend
Formerly @BlackWyvern
Stupid account merge...
Post edited by ebonywyvern on

Comments

• thedopefishlivesthedopefishlives Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried swapping out my Elite Scorpions for Advanced Mesh Weavers, and man, did they suck. Totally not impressive for something that costs 30,000 dilithium (that's $3 right now) each. I really hope it's because there's something wrong with them and it'll get fixed because right now I feel like a chump.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The new pets are the spawn of Hell and should be banished. There is already way too much carrier spam in game.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Khitomer Accord all Carrier pets will wander off and do their own thing. Same with Multi-Vector pieces and any other pets. Similar things happen in The Cure. So if this is where you were having this problem then that may be the issue.
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried swapping out my Elite Scorpions for Advanced Mesh Weavers, and man, did they suck.

They can apply Attack Pattern Beta. The damage on their own might suck, but they boost yours and that of the rest of the team. At least in theory. If that's worth using them, I dunno. In one hangar slot at most probably.
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried swapping out my Elite Scorpions for Advanced Mesh Weavers, and man, did they suck. Totally not impressive for something that costs 30,000 dilithium (that's $3 right now) each. I really hope it's because there's something wrong with them and it'll get fixed because right now I feel like a chump.

Actually, I ran 1 of each in my hangar slots and the Weavers parsed nearly the same dps. So they are completely worth using, with the understanding that they will give you less single target burst and better group dps with their debuff.

As for the bad AI, this is common and putting your hangars on your cycle spamming button its not as much of an issue.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps the OP can update the thread title to indicate there are problems with carrier pet AI in general.

I'm having the same problems as others. I have the Elite Scorpion Fighters from the romulan reputation and in Cure Space and Khitomer Vortex space, no matter what command I give them, except for follow only mode, my pets will go off to the right side of the map. I usually go to the left side of the map and my pets go all the way to the far right. It's really annoying.

Also in Infected: The Conduit Elite, after destroying the cube and spheres at the beginning, my pets will just sit there sometimes and won't follow me no matter what command I give them.

Carrier pets should follow you and not engage enemies unless they are within YOUR firing range of 10Km.
  • ebonywyvernebonywyvern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps the OP can update the thread title to indicate there are problems with carrier pet AI in general.

I'm having the same problems as others. I have the Elite Scorpion Fighters from the romulan reputation and in Cure Space and Khitomer Vortex space, no matter what command I give them, except for follow only mode, my pets will go off to the right side of the map. I usually go to the left side of the map and my pets go all the way to the far right. It's really annoying.

Also in Infected: The Conduit Elite, after destroying the cube and spheres at the beginning, my pets will just sit there sometimes and won't follow me no matter what command I give them.

Carrier pets should follow you and not engage enemies unless they are within YOUR firing range of 10Km.

There's actually quite a few threads about the generally poor pet AI. They have been taking steps to fix them slowly, but yeah.

This was more or less about the Mesh Weavers themselves, as we had very limited testing time on Tribble with them, and since the H-JHAS have been recieving AI updates, it seemed reasonable to ask for some tweaks in the Weavers as well.

I know that carrier pets in STF's seem to usually have issues, and as long as you recall them, or just attack something at all times, they're generally pretty responsive, but in this case, my Weavers seem to be ignoring commands in all PVE instances, which is the root of my post.
    LTS Since Beta Weekend
    Formerly @BlackWyvern
    Stupid account merge...
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can confirm that the bug is not limited to a certain type of fighters but it is rather the intercept button an AI that went from brain-dead to totally stupid.

If you set the fighters to attack your own target, then at least they do not start to slowboat to a target on the other side of the map.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ascaladar wrote: »
    I can confirm that the bug is not limited to a certain type of fighters but it is rather the intercept button an AI that went from brain-dead to totally stupid.

If you set the fighters to attack your own target, then at least they do not start to slowboat to a target on the other side of the map.

I very very rarely use Intercept. My command of choice is Attack and in KA and The Cure they always head off, at least in part. All other pets do this as well. They may come back from time to time but they seem to LOVE to fly off to one side or just disobey.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My experience is, frigates attack, then never stop attacking. The mirror B'rel's usually listen to orders, focus on their fore attack for the most part, but there was three times when I flew off to kill a different cube in KASE, and they all stubbornly stuck to the cube they were getting shot at.

Other times they'd pick a target not of my choosing, and keep going at it until they get blown up, even taking a HYT to the face!

Damn Klingon honor thing. :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    My experience is, frigates attack, then never stop attacking. The mirror B'rel's usually listen to orders, focus on their fore attack for the most part, but there was three times when I flew off to kill a different cube in KASE, and they all stubbornly stuck to the cube they were getting shot at.

Other times they'd pick a target not of my choosing, and keep going at it until they get blown up, even taking a HYT to the face!

Damn Klingon honor thing. :P

There's also the fact that they have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to do a strafing run... :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • vasco56vasco56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue with Elite Mesh Weavers, particularly on intercept. I switch them from attack stance to intercept to go after the web nodes of the Tholians in Azure Rescue, but they just stop and sit in space without firing while the Tholian Widows pick them off.

When I use intercept with fighters as opposed to frigates, the fighters return to the carrier to take up formation in front when the last enemy in the group is destroyed, but the frigates don't. They stop dead in space and don't move unless the recall is activated.

Also, the new arenas require you to use maximum impulse to get between the enemy groups in order to beat the deadline and the pets fall further and further behind. By the time you arrive you have to respawn more as the existing pets will not arrive in time for the battle.

I've been flying carriers since I joined the game, but the combat AI of the hangar pets appears to have got progressively worse.
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my pets act ok (cept the saucer of my ody which does wander a bit especiallyin cure but hey it did a good job defending the kang lol) but my big gripe with the jem dreadcarrier is the dadgum retarget bug it getting me blown up cause i try to heal myself and an utterly replaceble fighter gets the heal instead PLEASE FIX THIS
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ugh, ty for posting it, i was thinking of getting some but they are acting like the frigates where some time ago, they seemed to not share the same uh, "focus target" as their owner (which should be a must for something like these things) :S
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    They may come back from time to time but they seem to LOVE to fly off to one side or just disobey.
    And you haven't executed the pilots yet?
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here is a sort of fix for ship targeting go to options then controls then find the one for never auto target pets swich it on u will still lose target but u wont heal pets or HY torps
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg