test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new StarFleet flagship! (bug report)

raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Greetings all,

Today is First Contact day, and while I haven't checked out the KDF event, they have a few updates to the Fed side.

Near the Sol System, you can even see the Federation Flagship! Looking at the hull, she is NCC 1701-F, but the ship name is the USS Odyssey!

screenshot_2013-04-05-12-49-23a_zps8d03154c.jpg

I am sure that Shron will be surprised. : )

Chris

PS:> Hopefully they can make a fix without taking down the servers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
Post edited by raifin1701 on

Comments

• millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dang, photobucket again.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having a problem with the link?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was the same last year, they just didn't bother to fix it.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    You didn't get the message? Shron is turning in the Odyssey for a Jem'Hadar bug. :D;)

funny, i heard it was a chimera.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't worry, the KDF flagship have 2 officers with the exact same face, uniform and even scar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Don't worry, the KDF flagship have 2 officers with the exact same face, uniform and even scar.

one was dead for a minute or two before being brought back. they were already starting the cloning process when command found out he was alive. so they stuck him on the same ship as his clone. one is a backup.
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • norai2011norai2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Recycling the hull number was one of the biggest boneheaded mistakes made in the history of the franchise. Ship names get recycled. Hull numbers do not.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish you all would get this TNG out of your heads as the Enterprise is not a Flag Ship as Picard though.Kirks was never a flag ship and he never even said that even when an Admiral was on board.

You ppl need to watch more TOS as it has gotten Star Trek right not TNG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, according to Star Trek Online canon it is the Flagship.

The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-F, is the current flagship of the Federation, and it's exploratory and military arm, Starfleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raifin1701 wrote: »

The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-F, is the current flagship of the Federation, and it's exploratory and military arm, Starfleet.

STO is not Star Trek .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • norai2011norai2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    flagship in star trek is what ever ship the federation feels like calling the flagship. it is not like our real world Navy where a flagship is any ship with a flag officer on board

both the D and E where the flagships of the federation who cares what TOS did
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • pokinatchapunxpokinatchapunx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raifin1701 wrote: »

Yes and we all know how accurate STO lore is.I'm sure the billions of klingons and borg the feds have wholesale slaughtered since the launch of STO will be included in official canon... :rolleyes:
    age03 wrote: »
    STO is not Star Trek .

Agreed, it's an MMO resembling Star Trek.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO is not Star Trek .

You forgot didn't you? It's okay, everyone does it from time to time, so let me refresh your memory. Star Trek online is a product licensed by CBS/Paramount. CBS own the rights to the Star Trek IP and if they say no to something then it doesn't happen.

Therefore the fact that Cryptic class the Enterprise NCC 1701-F as the Flagship of the Federation means it must be so. If this wasn't the case, it wouldn't exist. Whether you like it or not, STO is Star Trek.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    flagship in star trek is what ever ship the federation feels like calling the flagship. it is not like our real world Navy where a flagship is any ship with a flag officer on board

both the D and E where the flagships of the federation who cares what TOS did
    ST:TNG episodes were written by hacks who wanted to write for General Hospital but lacked anything resembling talent. They most certainly knew absolutely nothing about anything related to any fleet structure. You can't have a flagship without a flag officer in command. If they wrote an episode where they called a bag of Doritos the Federation flagship you would probably buy into that too.
  • kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last year it said Enterprise, I swear... but last year first contact day was before the odyssey bundle was out. They must have messed something up.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO is not Star Trek .
    ST:TNG episodes were written by hacks who wanted to write for General Hospital but lacked anything resembling talent. They most certainly knew absolutely nothing about anything related to any fleet structure. You can't have a flagship without a flag officer in command. If they wrote an episode where they called a bag of Doritos the Federation flagship you would probably buy into that too.

doesn't matter if they where written buy the bum who lives in the starbucks down the street. the Enterprise-D is the flagship as from what was shown on screen and approved by Gene Roddenberry. following the D the E was then made the flagship as approved by CBS and what was shown on screen, now the F is as was approved by CBS

Star trek is not the US navy they can do what they want. you don;t like it write a letter to CBS and maube an intern will glance at it before throwing it out
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why can people see right throught my stealth it is really annoying me that much.

Could someone please fix this.

Thanks
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why can people see right throught my stealth it is really annoying me that much.

Could someone please fix this.

Thanks

Perhaps if you had actually posted that in the appropriate thread...

People wouldn't be able to see though you, so easily...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After completing the First Contact Day mission I noticed the Enterprise-F keeping station by herself in space, so I decided to pull my ship up alongside her for a photo-op. But imagine my surprise when I zoomed in on the Enterprise and discovered that she wasn't really, well, the Enterprise...
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This also happens in "Boldly They Rode". She's only labeled Enterprise in the Tau Dewa patrols.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's... quite the snafu there......
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oops is when you accidentally fall down a flight of stairs. This isn't an oops.

This is an AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :P
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish you all would get this TNG out of your heads as the Enterprise is not a Flag Ship as Picard though.Kirks was never a flag ship and he never even said that even when an Admiral was on board.

You realize that Picard's enterprise could be the flagship of the federation even though Kirk's Enterprise wasn't, right? Hell, Picard's enterprise could be the flagship of the federation even though PICARDS ENTERPRISE didn't used to be, or won't be at some later time.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Flagship
    You ppl need to watch more TOS as it has gotten Star Trek right not TNG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4fU0Ajo4RM

I'm just gonna leave this here.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got a fun bug related to the enterprise in the Tau Dewa I don't play fed side much but now every time i change instances shon asks my female toons if they need some help even if I'm at ESD or on New Romulus he keeps asking lol.
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got a fun bug related to the enterprise in the Tau Dewa I don't play fed side much but now every time i change instances shon asks my female toons if they need some help even if I'm at ESD or on New Romulus he keeps asking lol.

Yes this happens way too often, sometimes he just sits there saying it over and over.
    As for the Oddyprise it wasn't like this last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]