test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gaining Dilithium Trick? Lots of ways to spend it.

thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
After being gone for a while, I came back and found my dilithium had increased in value Zen-wise, so I bought some new junk and am back to 0 dilithium.

Has there been a new easier way to obtain dilithium? With my limited play time, I still somewhat struggle getting my 8k/day and grinding out marks for the silly romulans.

I see tons of new things requiring lots of dilithium. Rep Projects require lots, and freaking starbase projects seem to require godly amounts.

Obviously something is keeping dilithium prices in check, because I see way more opportunity to spend it vs. obtaining.
Post edited by thejosephine on

Comments

• beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There was, you came a day late, i kid you not. they just patched out the investigative reports dill grind today. now there is no decent way to get dill besides boring stfs and doff missions. fleet marks are impossibly rediculous to earn now, im sorry but 5-10 fleet marks per 30 min pve borefest is unacceptable.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There was, you came a day late, i kid you not. they just patched out the investigative reports dill grind today. now there is no decent way to get dill besides boring stfs and doff missions. fleet marks are impossibly rediculous to earn now, im sorry but 5-10 fleet marks per 30 min pve borefest is unacceptable.

Try Fleet Actions -- you get 1 or 2 purple Mk XI or XII drops if you place first, and 480 dilithium per run. Easiest 100+mil EC I've ever made ;)
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    STFs award 480 normal, 960 Elite

Foundry missions award a scaling amount of Dilithium based on the average completion time so long as the missions average time is over 15 mins.

Foundry Spotlights award 1440 for the first spotlight completed each day (should be 1440 + standard Foundry reward but apparently bugged atm)

You can turn in 50 Omega Marks or Romulan Marks for 500 Dilithium.

You can turn in 5 Borg Neural Processors (Elite STF Loot) for 1000 Dilithium.

Dilithium Mining gives about 1000 outside of the mining event.

If you can get the Dilithium Mining Claims out the new lockbox then you can turn in one a day for up to 5000 Dilithium.

Other than that the standard dailies still exist that give Dilithium except the Explore B'tran Sector Daily having it's reward removed (due to the fact this stacked with the standard Explore Strange new worlds mission)
  • thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It would seem I'm always a late for the cool stuff.

Oh well, reading up on it, it looks like I'm not the only one with a shortage of dilithium.

I'm just annoyed that as a casual player who doesn't min/max every exploit/loophole possible, I'm the one being punished by higher costs designed to limit those who do.
  • djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My doffs get me 8k/day for all my alts. Dilithium is easy to farm even offline.

As for value, that's how markets work.
    Dilithium is readily available, BUT has a million and one ways to sink it into stuff. As a result the value of Dilithium increases relative to that of zen, because demand for Dilithium is higher. So zen costs less Dilithium. The more it is worth, the more value you get for it in exchange rates.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm just annoyed that as a casual player who doesn't min/max every exploit/loophole possible, I'm the one being punished by higher costs designed to limit those who do.

This is actually what the recent changes have been made to address. There should not be any ways that you can earn Dil faster than others. Ideally, it's all the same rate, with no little tricks or exploits that experienced players can leverage for an advantage. That's why the B'Tran stacking rewards were removed, and why we've had multiple revisions to the Foundry reward system trying to plug exploits in the Foundry system. While I am known to take advantage of whatever the exploit du jour is to speed my dilithium acquisition, I can't say I disagree with Cryptic plugging them.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    MAX out Omeg REP and buy all your needs

Do a STF 960 DIL

1 NP = Save until you have 5

6 NP = Save 1 and cash in five for 1K of DIL

Get the Jackpot - 11 NP = 2k of DIL

When you have 5 NP sell them for 1k of DIL.

Get optional and if your lucky receive 132 Omega marks

Sell for 100 = 2K DIL

Its possible to get in one STF RUN 4960 of Dilthium.

11NP = 2k of DIL + 100 Marks = 2K of DIL + STF Reward = 960 DIL = Total of 4960 of DIL
    download.jpg
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is actually what the recent changes have been made to address. There should not be any ways that you can earn Dil faster than others. Ideally, it's all the same rate, with no little tricks or exploits that experienced players can leverage for an advantage. That's why the B'Tran stacking rewards were removed, and why we've had multiple revisions to the Foundry reward system trying to plug exploits in the Foundry system. While I am known to take advantage of whatever the exploit du jour is to speed my dilithium acquisition, I can't say I disagree with Cryptic plugging them.

I Agree :)

The limiting factor is that REFINED dilithium is what being used. Each player can only refine 8k a day (9k with Fleet I believe)

now it is true that ALTS can refine additional 8k/9k and convert to zen for the account.

While I understand THAT part Cryptic is trying to "slow down" cause Zen store is where they make their money. The current "flux" of Dil is from daily rich dilithium mining (can only be obtain via opening lock boxes and BoP) it dish out 5k a day. So I guess Cryptic is trying to move earning dill (the fast way) from in-game to store (which essentially the foundry changes pretty much did)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Do a STF 960 DIL

Sell for 100 = 2K DIL

11NP = 2k of DIL + 100 Marks = 2K of DIL + STF Reward = 960 DIL = Total of 4960 of DIL

This is the most awkward math, i have possibly ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    Try Fleet Actions -- you get 1 or 2 purple Mk XI or XII drops if you place first, and 480 dilithium per run. Easiest 100+mil EC I've ever made ;)

GORN MINEFIELD caps for emphasis. Shar is right on the $$$$$$$$$.

50 marks 1440 dil daily, first place 2 purples with decent odds every few days you get a good drop. Do it with fleetmates and rack up the loot. Takes less than 15 minutes if coordianted, typically 20 for pug. Key is have your low dps go left and just release the freighters without engaging orions. Especially if they are science with controls and immobilizes!
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is the most awkward math, i have possibly ever seen.

Hey he showed his work in the end, i am good with it!!!!! :D
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here. I'll share you my daily grind run.

It helps to have:

- Blue/Purple quality Doffs to complete missions. If you get 3 Crits out of every 10 you do a day (minimum) you can make about 500 dilithium off of Doff missions alone. There are also a handful that award 50-250 for regular success. Check assignments from your Boffs (Department Heads tab of Doffs) for opportunities.

- Borg Elite STFs: A (semi)competent team.

- Transwarp Power: Starbase K-7

- Borg Subtranswarp Engines

- End-game Space Gear (anything from fleet equipment to STF requisitions)

Now, let us begin.

1) Transwarp/Fly to Eta Eridani Sector Block.

2) Complete the Traelus System Daily (hail Franklin Drake for it).

3) Fly to Zibal System - Look for a Freight Ship titled "Sh'mar" and hail them.

4) Complete the Sh'mar Daily Mission (should find it in the dialogue options).

5) Fly to the Alhena System.

6) Complete "Defense Contract" Daily mission.

7) Hail the Fleet Action officer (can't remember name) and pick the daily Fleet Action mission that rewards 960 Dilithium.

8) Complete the Fleet Action.

9) Fly to the Orellius Sector Block.

10) Complete "Aiding the Deferi (Daily)."

11) At some point during all this, make sure you que and complete 2 or more Borg Elite STFs of your choice (preferably Space).

12) At some point in all this, you'll want to complete the Dilithium mining as well.

12) Transwarp to ESD. Exchange the Omega Marks for Dilithium, along with any bonus BNPs you get.

Profits:
    480 +
    480 +
    480 +
    1440 +
    1440 +
    1000 +
    960 + (x2)

Total: 7,240 Guaranteed Dilithium

Bonus:
    + 500-1500 Bonus Dilithium from Omega Marks (depending on how much you get and can spare)

+ 1000-2000 Average Bonus Dilithium from BNPs

+ 50-400ish from Doffs

Around 11,000 Dilithium per day, if you keep up with it. Not counting Contraband turn-ins, bonus dilithium mining event rewards, reputation bonus rewards or anything of that nature.
  • thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kiloace,

Love the the list, but how long does this run usually take you?

I'm guessing around 1 to 1.5 hours.

Depending on time available for play that day, I seem to have to choose whether I continue my slow grind for romulan marks, or an attempt to make some dilithium.

Most of my dilithium comes from turning in borg marks.
    edited February 2013
    Kiloace,

Depending on time available for play that day, I seem to have to choose whether I continue my slow grind for romulan marks, or an attempt to make some dilithium.

There is always time involved in doing things ;)

the "short way" is 6k a day from
    5k rich dilithium from dominion lock box (deeds you get at random. 20 hours cooldown)
    1k dilithium from normal mining daily unless during mining event then it is 1.5k
    misc from DOFF missions

That takes me about 10 minutes a day assuming I don't TRIBBLE up my mining (which can go from 5k to 2.5k minimum)
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kind of funny to red these "fancy" calculated options.

Its like telling poor people the "calculated" way to live: 64g of sugar, 10g of salt - spare 1g of it each day, 1 slice of sausage etc.

We know ur good with math now. But dont forget time - not everyone has the high end gear and everything unlocked(that ofc rquires loads of time and dilithium already).

So lets say you may have 2-3h each day to play. you cant waste half of it just for flyign around to reach and do daily quests - specially sicne you also need to farm romulan and omega marks for reputation projects.
    Mining event may be at a completely wrong time (6 am for me). We dotn have the premium mining tickets (since that expects you to spend like 11k dilithium per box or liek 1.4-1.6m ec).

We cant always be first in pve missions - there can only be one first, for each round (and that expects that you already have good enough equip to kil lfast ebnough and survive to reach the top 1).
    edited February 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    kind of funny to red these "fancy" calculated options.

Its like telling poor people the "calculated" way to live: 64g of sugar, 10g of salt - spare 1g of it each day, 1 slice of sausage etc.

We know ur good with math now. But dont forget time - not everyone has the high end gear and everything unlocked(that ofc rquires loads of time and dilithium already).

So lets say you may have 2-3h each day to play. you cant waste half of it just for flyign around to reach and do daily quests - specially sicne you also need to farm romulan and omega marks for reputation projects.
    Mining event may be at a completely wrong time (6 am for me). We dotn have the premium mining tickets (since that expects you to spend like 11k dilithium per box or liek 1.4-1.6m ec).

We cant always be first in pve missions - there can only be one first, for each round (and that expects that you already have good enough equip to kil lfast ebnough and survive to reach the top 1).

Yea.

IMO, the only true "free" way in short amount of time would be 1k from mining (1.5k if you manage to catch the right time. I only caught it like 2-3 times a month) and maybe another 1k from DOFF mission (if you get the right one) so avg 2k a day.

Originally people were getting them from Foundry mission (960 per 20 minutes) so that was pretty awesome for people who don't spend ANY money.

Another "free" way is when you reach MAX on omega/romulan you can run gain 500 dil (2 minutes I think) with it.

You can earn 60 romulan marks easily from daily patrol (around 1 hour or less depending on gear with fighting missions only) and radiation scan. which when you earn 300, you can get 30 more marks ;)
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Open up the Available Missions and check those, a lot of them give pretty good dil. If you can do a few of those and turn in contraband, you can cap pretty easily.

Easiest so far is the Go Fight in War Zone (Ker'rat) for Bird of Prey, go cloak in a corner and wait for three rounds to cycle, free 1440 while you're reading the paper on the john.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I make most of my dilithium by stomping around in the PvP queues. 3 matches goes by quickly if there are enough people in the queues.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Contraband is one of the easiest ways. Of course if you have a KDF character, contraband flows in 10x as much as it does on Fed side....enough to spread around a couple of my characters without running low.

There is another method that I used to get 1440 dilith about every 10 to 20 mins. But I'm not privy to give out trade secrets. :D
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear OP,

I have four toons. One does foundry. One does contraband farming. One does rep. One does general farming/ opening lock boxes for Lobi.

With the mining the four of them can net me enough dilithium per day to get between 150 - 200 Zen thanks to the currently favorable rates. None of this takes much time, I don't try to maximize my earnings in any way, and none of them are focused on Dil collecting.

If you take a "Want all NAO!" attitude nothing will satisfy you, and this doing-it-while-having-fun-elsewhere will be unacceptable. But even back when Zen was 300 dilithium I was able to buy several ships, tokens, costumes, and doff packs in the space of a few weeks. Once the exchange hit the mid 80s I quickly had everything I wanted with minimum effort.

The problem currently isn't the exchange rates, costs, nerfs, and sinks like some claim. It's the avaracice and impatience of a chunk of the player base. I do agree that this is partially Cryptic's fault for making a game you can hit cap on in a week of steady playing and then introducing things that take what seems like an eternity in comparison (But laughable in any other MMO).

But, dear OP, if you just chill on hitting your goal you'll find your return to the game a lot more enjoyable and long lasting. Think of it like making love: Slow and steady may not win the race but the trip is better.
    <3
  • kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kiloace,

Yes, and sadly, this is how it works for me as well. This is an ideal daily run, but unfortunately, my schedule is restricted to a more casual playtime. I generally don't do all of them every day, and I'd probably get sick of it real fast as well.

Compared to Omega grinding, Romulan grinding is much more difficult. STFs reward big rep AND Dilithium. Romulan missions give you scraps and no dil. So you're going to have to decide which is currently more important to you, and trade off.

1 to 1.5 hours is about right though. Not too shabby.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Do a STF 960 DIL

Sell for 100 = 2K DIL

Dude your math is off

It only works out to 3960 Dilithium as omega Marks are exchanged 50 for 500 Dilithium.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Romulan Marks one through Epohh grind gets.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you take a "Want all NAO!" attitude nothing will satisfy you, and this doing-it-while-having-fun-elsewhere will be unacceptable. But even back when Zen was 300 dilithium I was able to buy several ships, tokens, costumes, and doff packs in the space of a few weeks. Once the exchange hit the mid 80s I quickly had everything I wanted with minimum effort.

cut the TRIBBLE... if you got all this for a character in " a few weeks" without having any previously piled up dilithium, its complete lie.
    a decent endgame ship costs 2000-2500 zen - at ur said 300 exhange rate thats 600 000 -750 000 dilithium.

even at current rates its 182 000 - 227 500 dilithium. You can refine 8000 dilithium PER DAY. Thats 23 - 29 days just to gather enough for one ship.
    BUT you also need to get the reputation gear - since thats the endgame and best available currently. And that adds another huge amount of dilithium.

This doesnt include any zen for lockboxes, fleet contributions, doffs or ground gear.

Multiple characters does not help. Majority of it all is character bound.

Even to rise your ec limit to farm and buy some ship pack off echange requires 500 zen to unlock it from 10m.

So ignoring fleet and ground gear, your still 2 months from getting at least one ship somewhat equipped.

Yet you were magically able to buy several ships and packs and costumes in just a few weeks at 3x the exhange rates.... Ur not Chuck Norris.. are you?
    edited February 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    [ derp ] if you got all this for a character in " a few weeks" without having any previously piled up dilithium, its complete lie.
    a decent endgame ship costs 2000-2500 zen - at ur said 300 exhange rate thats 600 000 -750 000 dilithium.

Oh oh. Somebody made an assumption... I never said VA level ships. NX, Connie, and Oberth. I also got two playable races.

And a few costume packs.

Over the last year.

By saving up.

Taking my time.

If I had focused on VA ships I'd probably have a number of them now. But few appeal to me, unfortunately. I am a bit nostalgic for the Defiant Retrofit. But nostalgia is as dangerous as avarice for your sense of proportion.
    BUT you also need to get the reputation gear

No you don't, silly bear. Maybe if I was PUGing or doing PvP or just needed to show some e-peen. But since I don't, Romulan Rep is being done solely for the passives... at a causal rate. Last I heard it takes about a month to hit T5.

I'm in no hurry.
    This doesnt include any zen for lockboxes,

And now you see why it does. I get one per day of play right now because that's where I want to spend it. If I wanted to buy something bigger, I'd save up. It'd take about a month to get a high end ship, perhaps. But I would approach it as something to do while I was playing for fun. Taking my time...

Didn't you save your milk money for comics as a kid? Am I showing my age by mentioning milk money and comics?
    fleet contributions

I don't do that silly treadmill. And if I did, I sure wouldn't treat a marathon as a sprint.
    doffs or ground gear.

EC is very easy to get. The exchange is magical.
    Multiple characters does not help. Majority of it all is character bound.

Someone doesn't know how to pass dilithium between characteerrrrssss~
    Even to rise your ec limit to farm and buy some ship pack off echange requires 500 zen to unlock it from 10m.

Mirror ships are cheap and only obsessives need bug ships.
    Yet you were magically able to buy several ships and packs and costumes in just a few weeks at 3x the exhange rates....

Yes. Being realistic about your goals and effort you're willing to put in to get them IS magical! I'm a regular Houdini of setting realistic game playing goals, I am.

Now I will board my magic carpet and fly away. Leaving magic sparkles in my wake that make flowers grow.

*smooches*
    <3
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with twg042370. It only really feels like a grind if you are trying to get everything now. I don't. I break up my grind so it doesn't feel like a grind. That is the problem with the world today in general. Everyone is in such a rush to get to the end. Want to know what is at the end? A tombstone with your name on it. Sorry but, I am in no rush to get there. Take your time and actually enjoy things....including this game. You can't take your MkXII Maco set with you when you go anyways. :cool:
    edited February 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I agree with twg042370.

A Cardassian in a stylish jacket agrees with me. Thread over.
    <3
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2013
    Here is what i have done

Make a KDF character to do marauder Doff missions for contraband , send it to your fed characters

make a few Fed Tac characters to run infected in escorts there 10 to 15 minutes long
    sell oll the omega marks and proccessors and ship to your main character

when leveling up your alt characters send contraband to them from your klingon

do the academy question every day for 480 dil recruit the free Doffs to sell on the exchange

or mail to your main character

1 main 2 farmers 1 klingon should get you 24k Dilithium per day for only 2 or 3 hours of game play

you can run Doff missions from sirus sector space in a short time on 3 characters 15 minutes total once you get the haang of it , lots of rewards in doff missions

As long as Tac characters and escorts stay so over powered there the BEST way to farm Dilithium and loot so i reccomend them as farmers.
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    A Cardassian in a stylish jacket agrees with me. Thread over.

And they said a Cardassian and Klingon could never see eye to eye. :rolleyes:
  • nolann1nolann1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    EC :

Run BOBO or FLACKS in Foundry (just search for them in Top Rated) for max Foundry loot limit in 10 mins, without moving/easiest - About 600-700 k EC in no time , daily ((USE TO BUY CONTRABAND FROM THE EXCHANGE woot ~ o.O )) then do this DIL RUN BELOW.

Dil :

'Left to Die' Foundry Mission >> 2400 Dil (1440 - second time running it) then repeat Every 4 hours...

'Conjoined' Foundry Mission >> 1440 Dil Diplomatic mission + kill 3 small unknown ships EASY

x 5 Contraband Turn-In (Middle of ESD) >> Can repeat every 4 hours

then

Omega Space STF Time
    Conduit Elite -easiest, then Khitomer Elite -easier, then Cure Elite -easy, Hive -harder

8 k CAP DONE :) in about 1 hour ^ ^ (Now yer already over 8k limit for refine for the day > so add more Dil over it with: yer Doff Assignments and other TRIBBLE u do extra for Dil and waaaallaaaaah , if u want to :P

Enjoy Season 7

But make it EASIEST on you... work SMARTER > NOT HARDER ^ ^ NOT MONOTONOUS/BORING > KEEP IT LIVELY AND QUICKER, GUYS :cool:
This discussion has been closed.