test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC Heavy Plasma Torp Targeting Problem?

kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was playing an episode in the Romulan arc (Ground Zero, Hobus, to be precise) and noticed something odd. Reman birds of prey would fire heavy plasma torpedoes which got a couple kilometers away, and abruptly turned around to blow up in the original shooter's faces.

While it was amusing to watch these birds of prey dying to their own turncoat torpedoes, I don't think it was supposed to happen. This didn't happen last time I played this episode a few weeks back, either.

Makes me wonder if maybe some of the heavy plasma torpedoes I saw hitting borg during STFs earlier might not have all been from players with Omega torpedo launchers.

That said, the strings of heavy plasma torpedoes unleashed by the IRW Sithesh in this same mission appeared to function normally. Or maybe I was close enough to the Sithesh they simply chose me as a priority target.

Anyone else noticing this? I'm thinking a recent patch, maybe making way for the Legacy of Romulus update pending, may have tweaked the torpedoes targeting to accommodate a new faction, and now some ships are firing plasma torpedoes that are technically not part of their faction anymore?
Post edited by kyrtmalthorn on

Comments

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its a known issue and has been fixed with the redshirt patches...which means it will be fixed tomorrow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah, K. Didn't see any recent posts about it.

Really was funny to watch, though.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i wish they had said its working as intended lol...its not like it doing any harm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • drturtledrturtle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello i was wanting to ask a question about them. I would like to know how can i protect my ship from these 13,777 points of damages?
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you shoot them before they reach you or you take evasive action, if you can't simply do have shields up and decent kinetic resistance, you'll be allright

btw NPC's still manage to lock they're own HY plasma torpedos on themselves, amusing as it is, how about a fix?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's been happening for a while now. The April 4th patch was supposed to fix it, but apparently it didn't work.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for the double post, but I just witnessed a Mogai shooting itself in the face with a normal photon torpedo. :confused:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone