test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GUYS! Seriously?

jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The ROM faction is going to be awesome! NEW content ... More PRIME Trek, more explorin and fun

Why the hell do you guys seem to chucking the idea in the bin?!? Just beacuse of the allainces means you have to be like this?

By having an alliance, no forming a new fleet and spending $$$ (why cant you use a pound sign :( ) on dilithium and no need to start agian.

If the faction was independant , a crippled force against 2 major powers .... please?! They would be gone in nearly no time.

So STOP WHINING!!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Post edited by jumpingjs on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sorry I don't think like a fed........or a kdf........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is FORUMS!!! *kicks tribble down a pit*
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    sorry I don't think like a fed........or a kdf........

In other words? :confused:
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• jaadorjaador Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    If the faction was independant , a crippled force against 2 major powers .... please?! They would be gone in nearly no time.
    Actually, it would be two crippled forces against one major power instead of continuing to be one crippled force against one major power except now both sides can have warbirds.

I was looking forward to a refreshing change in the game's dynamic that a third faction would bring, rather than the continuation of that same status quo that we've had for 3 years with a new coat of paint.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The ROM faction is going to be awesome! NEW content ... More PRIME Trek, more explorin and fun

Why the hell do you guys seem to chucking the idea in the bin?!? Just beacuse of the allainces means you have to be like this?

By having an alliance, no forming a new fleet and spending $$$ (why cant you use a pound sign :( ) on dilithium and no need to start agian.

So STOP WHINING!!
    1) The Romulans have become so mutilated from their TNG-era form that it might as well be bizarro world, because this is hardly what could be expected from a prime-universe Romulan faction.

2) I'd rather have no fleet than be stuck building up federation starbases for the benefit of the Federation. Ditto for the KDF.

3) It would be infinately better to have Romulans, in Romulan fleets, building starbases for the benefit of the Romulans, IMO.

4) We had the RSE, which was doing fine until Cryptic decided to overthrow it and install D'Tan and his hippies as the one and only ligitimate Romulan faction. How is Romulans sending their technology, ships, and manpower to their bitter rivals for the purpose of being killed and destroyed in a war in which they are not involved, up to and including killing other members of the Romulan Republci suppsoed to make them *less* crippled? If logic is anything they are opening the door to their own destruction.

5) How about you stop whining about people making legitamate complaints of their most beloved faction being turned into a glorified KDF/Fed content expansion, instead of an actual, honest-to-goodness faction?
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic? I believe the RSE got the boot by the 2009 Trek movie.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reads to me that the Romulans are going to be either FED or KDF ... Pets. I for one am getting my rolled up newspaper ready when they pee on the carpet :p
    edited March 2013
    1) The Romulans have become so mutilated from their TNG-era form that it might as well be bizarro world, because this is hardly what could be expected from a prime-universe Romulan faction.

2) I'd rather have no fleet than be stuck building up federation starbases for the benefit of the Federation. Ditto for the KDF.

3) It would be infinately better to have Romulans, in Romulan fleets, building starbases for the benefit of the Romulans, IMO.

4) We had the RSE, which was doing fine until Cryptic decided to overthrow it and install D'Tan and his hippies as the one and only ligitimate Romulan faction. How is Romulans sending their technology, ships, and manpower to their bitter rivals for the purpose of being killed and destroyed in a war in which they are not involved, up to and including killing other members of the Romulan Republci suppsoed to make them *less* crippled? If logic is anything they are opening the door to their own destruction.

5) How about you stop whining about people making legitamate complaints of their most beloved faction being turned into a glorified KDF/Fed content expansion, instead of an actual, honest-to-goodness faction?

Define whinning. I only made one post, sure you have more. Your whinning about someone who does not understand and is trying to get people to not be angry.

edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Cryptic? I believe the RSE got the boot by the 2009 Trek movie.
    They have been hanging around STO for decades going by the timeline. Until the Reputation system them, the Tal'Shiar, and Obisek were the only Romulan factions, (and Obisek was really a Reman faction) These Romulan Republic Punks are the new kids on the block, and Cryptic threw the RSE out the window to make room for their baby.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulans will become the alien trash of the galaxy!
    edited March 2013
    Romulans will become the alien trash of the galaxy!

Why? I dont get it

• genericolagenericola Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ?

look on the brightside, it does seem like they are de-emphasizing the unification with vulcans angle :P
    edited March 2013
    genericola wrote: »
    look on the brightside, it does seem like they are de-emphasizing the unification with vulcans angle :P
    Lol, of all the reasons they could take for the Rommies to jump on the Federation bandwagon, the decided to exclude the one that made the msot sense. Under the leadership of a reunificationist, no less.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    people enjoy complaining around here on every issue so what's new?

i think we all agree that it would be best if the romulans were 100% unique but they have said many times over the years that adding new factions is difficult and there may have to be compromises.

all that is happening is that you play as a romulan doing romulan things but in terms of endgame, and fleets you align yourself with someone else (you can still keep your fleet full of only romulan players, you can still make private queues of romulan players). but this is to help the queues not get diluted and makes sense in terms of the story being told.

the romulans in this game are a broken faction, and its going to take time for them to get back on their feet. you are no longer playing the the shadowy, evil romulans from the shows. you are playing the refugees and break away rebels trying to find a new home. you are not looking to conquer the galaxy, but to rebuild and find allies.

nothing in an MMO is permanent and hopefully in the future they can get their own starbases and things can be restructured a little to make them more independent, but at the moment this option is more practical both for gameplay and for the story.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why? I dont get it
    CARTWRIGHT: I must protest. To offer the Klingons a safe haven within Federation space is suicide. Klingons would become the alien trash of the galaxy. And if we dismantle the fleet, we'd be defenceless before an aggressive species with a foothold on our territory. The opportunity here is to bring them to their knees. Then we'll be in a far better position to dictate terms.
    -Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
  • genericolagenericola Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lol, of all the reasons they could take for the Rommies to jump on the Federation bandwagon, the decided to exclude the one that made the msot sense. Under the leadership of a reunificationist, no less.

ohhh, now I'm an going an even more sad panda in may, I haddn't thought about it like that. The new Romulus thing will make even less sense :(
    edited March 2013
    """CARTWRIGHT: I must protest. To offer the Klingons a safe haven within Federation space is suicide. Klingons would become the alien trash of the galaxy. And if we dismantle the fleet, we'd be defenceless before an aggressive species with a foothold on our territory. The opportunity here is to bring them to their knees. Then we'll be in a far better position to dictate terms. """

Worf disagrees.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    all that is happening is that you play as a romulan doing romulan things but in terms of endgame, and fleets you align yourself with someone else (you can still keep your fleet full of only romulan players, you can still make private queues of romulan players). but this is to help the queues not get diluted and makes sense in terms of the story being told.

Unless the Romulan Player you want to do these things with picked the other faction at level 10.

At the end of the day ever being restricted from playing with someone of the same "faction" because of a decision made at level 10 is a bad design choice.

If they want anyone to ever consider this a faction they need to take away the decision that locks you to one course forever, and locks you from some gameplay aspects with other members of your "faction". If they don't want 3 way PvP, make us choose between the Fed and KDF queues, but we should be able to join a fleet with any other Romulan we want at any time we want.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay this is going to be easy. You get a bunch of like minded Romulans together and have them all make allies with the Klingons. Then you make your own guild that only accepts Romulans and Remans and other future Romulan allied species. You call the guild the Romulan Star Empire and RP that you captured this station in battle and enslaved its crew for the greater glory of the Empire!
    edited March 2013
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Okay this is going to be easy. You get a bunch of like minded Romulans together and have them all make allies with the Klingons. Then you make your own guild that only accepts Romulans and Remans and other future Romulan allied species. You call the guild the Romulan Star Empire and RP that you captured this station in battle and enslaved its crew for the greater glory of the Empire!

This. Sounds like a solution.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just FYI: This is not the Prime universe.

The JJ verse is now the Prime universe, the rest was all a dream of a posibility.

People should just be Happy STO is supporting the now nonexistant TNG universe.

TOS all the way and JJ knows that.

Just try the new stuff out.

Don't play it if you don't like it.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know thats a very big IF but...

IF they are going to make it a full faction at some point in the future it would actually make sense to ally themself with both sides right now. They are to weak to defend themself and actually do need resources to rebuild. So they play nice for a while and let ppl like D'Tan rule until the RSE is strong enough to rebirth itself out of whatever is left.
    At least to me it would be very romulan to play nice and democracy as long as it serves them to get fed/kdf help in rebuilding and the reverting back to their old habbits on being the sneaky TRIBBLE they always were.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know thats a very big IF but...

IF they are going to make it a full faction at some point in the future it would actually make sense to ally themself with both sides right now. They are to weak to defend themself and actually do need resources to rebuild. So they play nice for a while and let ppl like D'Tan rule until the RSE is strong enough to rebirth itself out of whatever is left.
    At least to me it would be very romulan to play nice and democracy as long as it serves them to get fed/kdf help in rebuilding and the reverting back to their old habbits on being the sneaky TRIBBLE they always were.

If they ever do that, they will tear apart fleets with it. And people would have to start building a new base after they could have done so much earlier. I fear that Romulans will never get their own bases.... :(
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since people, admittedly a few, are hitting t5 starbase the whole we didn't want you to work overtime point is invalid.

Let us decide if we want to do it or not. It's just such a shame to try to build a new faction and not do it right.
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Reads to me that the Romulans are going to be either FED or KDF ... Pets. I for one am getting my rolled up newspaper ready when they pee on the carpet :p

Absolutely. The current IP holder, who's name shall not be mentioned, allowed the total ruination of the Romulans and the ST IP. Now Cryptic and any other creative agents going forward, have to work through the mess they made.
    edited March 2013
    STO is supporting the old timeline so you can't blame this on anyone but them.

Nice try thou.
  • geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree OP, I think alll the people whining is absolutely hilarious.

People were saying LONG before the release not to give your hopes up, did people really not expect some kind of major drawback with a new faction? This is Cryptic, how did people NOT see this coming?

These people are just mad because they built ridiculously high hopes out of the announcement of the Rom faction, after dozens and dozens of threads of people saying "Don't get your hopes up, this is Cryptic, there's will be some sort of catch" those people got flamed and accused of being over cynical. Now those people were proven right and the people who had high hopes are full of rage.

Cryptic can't disappoint me anymore - In fact, I still think the Rom faction is pretty neat for Cryptic standards. They've always been known to say they're putting something out that's just half done and say "See, we told you we'd get it done!" and then my reaction was always "Well, I guess, TECHNICALLY you're right".

People are disappointed because they let Cryptic disappoint them, I really don't know why they expected this expansion not to have some big faults.
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • miaximiaxi Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blame the guy who thought that blowing up Romulus would give his teal-and-orange lensflare abomination content.
    edited March 2013
    Sadly lensflare is needed to wake people from their TNG induced slumber.

I'm sure there would be a meeting about it followed by more droning on in a philosophical bent, but...

No Time! (Lensflare) Action!
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NEW content ... More PRIME Trek, more explorin and fun
    How many more times does cryptic have to do something so non-trek it incites Forum Rage before the fans finally realize that this isn't Prime Trek anymore?

All that hatred for JJ Abrams and his lens flares, but even he kept the Romulans around as an EMPIRE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]