test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Junior Officer Appreciation Event

2»

Comments

• alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You need only speak to him once to have the bonus for the remainder of the event.
    it's not true.
  • alanna234alanna234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Your right i've taken the bonus three times on the main and twice on my alts but either way i like it, more Xp from doffs
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just want my Exocomp back. I miss him. It makes me very sad that I cannot reclaim him, nor can the GMs give me a replacement.

Seems like that would be easy to police; my account obviously has a notation that I own the thing, as the game can prevent me from getting a new one. It's not tradeable, so there's no danger of abuse. Just let the GMs escalate the ticket to somebody who can re-grant the lost item, and then have their supervisors have the ability to grant the item only to accounts that already have the flag, but don't have the item.

Either that or make the red warnings that you'll lose the item come BEFORE the text that currently forces the warning to scroll out of view if you happen to be doffing from a laptop with a small screen one day and lose your Exocomp. :(
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I just want my Exocomp back. I miss him. It makes me very sad that I cannot reclaim him, nor can the GMs give me a replacement.

Seems like that would be easy to police; my account obviously has a notation that I own the thing, as the game can prevent me from getting a new one. It's not tradeable, so there's no danger of abuse. Just let the GMs escalate the ticket to somebody who can re-grant the lost item, and then have their supervisors have the ability to grant the item only to accounts that already have the flag, but don't have the item.

Either that or make the red warnings that you'll lose the item come BEFORE the text that currently forces the warning to scroll out of view if you happen to be doffing from a laptop with a small screen one day and lose your Exocomp. :(

I had a similar issue. The red text warning the doff would be lost was in the very bottom of the text and even though I had it scrolled all the way down, the menu window is so incompetently coded it does not display the red text if you have the doff menu in the smallest size setting. You have to literally expand the doff menu to almost full screen to see the g-damn red text.

Lost 2 purple (1 unique) doffs in that stupid mission.

Put in ticket.

Get the usual idiot robot reply of 'were sorry blablabla but we cant do it'.

Tried to access the PWI cost. service support site as per the link. OH LOOK... it is redirected in ways it can never resolve. THE F'ING WEBSITE IS NOT ACCESSIBLE NO MATTER WHAT BROWSER YOU USE.

So I send email to costumer service itself with my issue as well as CLEARLY detailing why I have to e-mail them and not use the support site.

Their reply: Dont email us. Use the support site.

I've reached the inbred hotline or something...

So I e-mail them a THIRD time.

It was never replied to.

Then I receive email saying that because I didn't contact them the ticket was closed and considered resolved.
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I posted a thread recommending that the special DOffs are offered once a year during the special DO Appreciation Event, with a 360 day cool down.

Thant means you can get it once a year, only during the event and if you happen to loose your special DO, you need to wait a year to claim him again.

Seems fair.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Actually, it tracks whether you've done the mission. But like ussfury said, they could just give the mission a 360 day cooldown.... As-is it's like the missions for getting a new starship when you level up, you can't replay them ever....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trekgate000trekgate000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My FED Capt. (Lv 32) cannot acquire the mission "Reinforcements"; it does not appear in the diallog box for Lt. Ferra. I'll try a few things more on my end but time's running out.

It is possible that the last time these Very Rare doffs were made available i had aacqired the mission and was unable to complete, subsequently dropping the mission after the prior event ended (either by my hand or an automated feature in the game).
    4069267.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Green Lantern Vs. Orange Lantern[/SIGPIC]
    Captain Mal Jordan, Starfleet and Green Lantern Corps
    Commander Lex Luthor, KDF Science Corps
    Lt. Kal-El, RRF Science Officer
    Lt. Dark Knight, KDF Tactical Officer
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    Closing this down, as the promotion ended this morning :) Hope you all got a ton of CXP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.