test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KHG Be'ves Uniform Variant

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
Earlier today, I ran an STF with a few friends who had recently acquired their Honor Guard gear. To my surprise, they mentioned to me that they were not able to select the Be'ves variant. Another person I met in another STF was amazed that my character had the variant uniform since this person was not able to access it.

Is STO doing away with the Be'ves variant for the KDF? If so, why? Is there an issue with TRIBBLE being displayed? If not, what is going on? Is there a glitch that needs to be fixed? Are the Be'ves variants going to be a separate uniform upgrade in the reputation?

It would be nice to know. Thanks. :)
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kal36kal36 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got the same problem, got the whole set, did the accolades and all 3 Rep projects and the upper part in the tailor is grayed out,I filled a ticket but no reply yet.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It has been broken since Season 7 came out.
  • janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There have been other threads on this as well (for example, this one). The devs have stated that they're aware that certain costume options are missing, and that they're working on addressing the problem. I don't think the Be'ves chest option is being phased out, it's just been inaccessible due to technical problems since season 7 or so.

@kal36: You have to run a fourth rep project to unlock the costume option. Have you done that? Also, you are working with Mk XI HG gear or higher, right? Mk X doesn't have a costume option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kal36 wrote: »
    I got the same problem, got the whole set, did the accolades and all 3 Rep projects and the upper part in the tailor is grayed out,I filled a ticket but no reply yet.

this bug has been mentioned several times, its been around since the launch of season 7(alongside the helmet bug, but that one was fixed), devs read it, and its been pretty much ignored, so yeah.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Earlier today, I ran an STF with a few friends who had recently acquired their Honor Guard gear. To my surprise, they mentioned to me that they were not able to select the Be'ves variant. Another person I met in another STF was amazed that my character had the variant uniform since this person was not able to access it.

Is STO doing away with the Be'ves variant for the KDF? If so, why? Is there an issue with TRIBBLE being displayed? If not, what is going on? Is there a glitch that needs to be fixed? Are the Be'ves variants going to be a separate uniform upgrade in the reputation?

It would be nice to know. Thanks. :)

The Elite Honor Guard outfit is called the Hos and you got the Adapted Honor Guard called the Quv.

Don't recall ever hearing of a "Be'Ves".
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Elite Honor Guard outfit is called the Hos and you got the Adapted Honor Guard called the Quv.

Don't recall ever hearing of a "Be'Ves".

be'ves chest(basically the boob window) for women, also you're a veteran, how do you not know about it?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    phoenicius wrote: »
    be'ves chest(basically the boob window) for women, also you're a veteran, how do you not know about it?

Because I didn't know be'ves was refering to the chest.

Second, Trill women don't get that luxury. :mad:
    edited March 2013
    Damn,that would explain it,I have the set on my joined Trill captain, well that sucks
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Orions don't seem to receive it, either.
    edited March 2013
    I looked in my Rep project and I don't have a project to unlock a 4th costume
  • janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kal36 wrote: »
    I looked in my Rep project and I don't have a project to unlock a 4th costume

If you have the Mk XI or XII KHG assault weapon, personal shield, and armour equipped, you should have a costume project in your Omega rep project list. If you have all those things and you still don't see the project there (it's usually at the top of the list), then it sounds like a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually have it for both Klingon and Orion females. If I remember correctly, any KDF female had access to it--regardless of boob size. ;)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    not true mando I have it on my orion female toon. Mind you I got all my mk 12 sets before the whole rep system

Use to be you had to get all mk 11 gear + compete all stfs + get all stf optionals + get mk 12 gear

Ive not had to do it yet on a toon with the new rep system so cant really comment. Id just say make sure you have all normal and elite optionals which should unlock the additional costume variants
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Maybe it missing intentionally because of how stupid it is.

"Lets but the KDF's most advance and protective armour on our elite warriors, then lets leave a gaping hole in the front where a sniper can kill them with no trouble at all."
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As stated, it's an issue with the tailor they havent bothered to fix because the expansion is going to completely murder the current tailor interface anyways.
    Barihawk.jpg