test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Bootcamp Criticism

startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvP Boot Camp
First of all I'll say that I had enjoyed the two sessions of the camp I attended, the coaches and other players were a blast to get to know.

My complaint is that there are no updates on the site for future sessions. The calendar on the site contains the time for the first two events but not the last two, so I left a post on the site forums asking for the dates and haven't received a response.

I have found out that the third session was indeed held, maybe I missed an email or it was posted on the STO site and I missed it. I just think the events should be listed on the site calendar so people can reference it as needed or that someone should check the forums occasionally.

I don't hold a grudge against anyone hosting the Bootcamp, just think some improvement need to be made in organizing things. Here's hoping I can either join the second go around or can get an invite to the fourth session, I am willing to do the work just tell me when to be there.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Post edited by startrekron on

Comments

• maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hi there, im glad you have taken part in the pvp bootcamp. if you notice there is a subforum at the top of the pvp forum that is solely for the bootcamp.

if im not mistaken all updates and whatnot are posted there as well :)
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • aiden227aiden227 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem with boot camp is that half the teachers needed to take the class first lol. Its pretty funny when a guy comes back and says i respecced after the first class went to the second class the coach told me i had to respec again lol. Too much misinformation and conflicting ideas like the recluse sucks for healing.
  • aiden227aiden227 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    hi there, im glad you have taken part in the pvp bootcamp. if you notice there is a subforum at the top of the pvp forum that is solely for the bootcamp.

if im not mistaken all updates and whatnot are posted there as well :)

Do they teach double shielding in bootcamp mai most of the teachers are pros at that.
  • covenantercovenanter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :)I would think , the teachers don't need to use double shielding

The ones like MAI that I know don't and they like many of the top players they also have combat parsers which keep logs of all damage and happenings in PvP and double shielding shows up very clearly , if someone is using it people know very soon.

Mai is a top bloke and very helpful :)
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91882713000&dateline=1367507471[/SIGPIC]
    Fed Random-Sci Monte-Eng Monte Banks-Tac
    Klingon Warfarin-Sci Gamble-Tac
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @OP the next session will be on the 30th 20:00/8pm EST and CET. We'll try to be more consistent on the shivtr website with posting dates. Otherwise as mai just said this forum is our primary means of communicating. If you missed a session we usually have make up sessions each time during the main event.A new cycle of session will start next month, after the current cycle has come to an end.

Really not sure where the vitriol is coming from aiden. If you don't like it, don't join.
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aiden227 wrote: »
    Do they teach double shielding in bootcamp mai most of the teachers are pros at that.

Changing shields in zone? That bug was fixed in S5. QQ much?
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Changing shields in zone? That bug was fixed in S5. QQ much?

Y do u lie nix u used iturself as well and still do u vorty exploiter
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Y do u lie nix u used iturself as well and still do u vorty exploiter

True story. :(
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First of all I'll say that I had enjoyed the two sessions of the camp I attended, the coaches and other players were a blast to get to know.

My complaint is that there are no updates on the site for future sessions. The calendar on the site contains the time for the first two events but not the last two, so I left a post on the site forums asking for the dates and haven't received a response.

I have found out that the third session was indeed held, maybe I missed an email or it was posted on the STO site and I missed it. I just think the events should be listed on the site calendar so people can reference it as needed or that someone should check the forums occasionally.

I don't hold a grudge against anyone hosting the Bootcamp, just think some improvement need to be made in organizing things. Here's hoping I can either join the second go around or can get an invite to the fourth session, I am willing to do the work just tell me when to be there.

Startrekron:

Hey, I take responsibiity for this. We have been a bit lax about the shivtr site, in part because the traffic there has been so light. We have been using the subforum for most of our announcements. I will make sure the two are in conformity with one another over hte next day or two. Again my apologies for this inconvenience.

Sign up for this month's Boot Camp and we will have a makeup session for the one you missed:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=573751

Thanks again and please accept my apologies for our oversight in this matter.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This feedback is now considered to be addressed:

http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

Please continue to let us know how we can improve your Boot Camp experience.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it important to mention that nothing i'm aware of of this size has ever been undertaken by general players before. We get some assistance from Cryptic, but the meat of the Bootcamp has all come from from Sargon, Drk & the coaches that give their free time. Could things be done better? Undoubtedly. Is this the first time so many people from so many rival fleets of any sub-community joined together for the greater good? Likely. Could the 4 sessions, multiple meetings, numerous make up sessions, and exhaustive planning have been worse? Much worse.

The service so far provided is fantastic and while tweaks need to be made for the next season, what there is, is gold. I think it's fair to say on the behalf of Bootcamp all feedback is valuable. But i don't think Ford magically appeared one day with the Model T, it took time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...