test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks for increasing the drop rate!

thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Thank you, devs, for this awesome promotion and for increasing the drop rate on the bug ships! I got my bug on my 6th pack. This really made my day! Thanks again, guys.

I'm already looking forward to the next promotional. This is a way better way to spend my money than sub fees; I'm really liking this brave new model for MMOs!
-= ROM PAUL =-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by thetarq on

Comments

• Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Increased? Went through a couple dozen packs and got nothing but a lot of commodities. Sad really....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I and another member of my fleet both got one tonight after opening < 10 packs each. I assumed this had something to do with the downtime yesterday; they they changed the drop rate.
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nope, you just got lucky.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    Thank you, devs, for this awesome promotion and for increasing the drop rate on the bug ships! I got my bug on my 6th pack. This really made my day! Thanks again, guys.
    Nope !
    I'm already looking forward to the next promotional. This is a way better way to spend my money than sub fees; I'm really liking this brave new model for MMOs!
    I'm sorry if I'm a bit old school, but I, for one, prefer to pay a fixed amount for what I want, instead of gambling hundreds of dollars on a ship.
    But that just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Nope !

I'm sorry if I'm a bit old school, but I, for one, prefer to pay a fixed amount for what I want, instead of gambling hundreds of dollars on a ship.
    But that just me.

Meh, just buy keys and sell them for the EC's, if you really want something.

A 10-15 bucks per month subscription to be allowed to play a game you already bought with actual money, that's the rip-off, if you ask me.
  • Options
    burningstarburningstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Nope !

But that just me.

its not just you ....

and for OP .. you just got lucky.
    i was opening some boxes and packs for lobies, 140 boxes+packs total ... you can guess what i got ... one big .. nothing.

at least i got what i wanted from lobies, no more packs or boxes for me.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    twam wrote: »
    A 10-15 bucks per month subscription to be allowed to play a game you already bought with actual money, that's the rip-off, if you ask me.
    How? They need to maintain the dedicated shard which costs money. Then they need to pay developers and personals involved in this whole pictures which, obviously, costs money.
    All MMOs are based on monthly subscription (eveonline, world of war craft etc.)and a few of them offer life time subscription. STO is one of them.
    What you might be looking for is counter strike or call of duty or battlefield 3 :)
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    twam wrote: »

when you buy a game, you pay for developers and designers work...

subscription on other hand is to cover expenses like server upgrades, network bandwith, suport and tech stuff sailaries , and there is a lot more things you are not considering. and some profit ofc.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    How? They need to maintain the dedicated shard which costs money. Then they need to pay developers and personals involved in this whole pictures which, obviously, costs money.
    All MMOs are based on monthly subscription (eveonline, world of war craft etc.)and a few of them offer life time subscription. STO is one of them.
    What you might be looking for is counter strike or call of duty or battlefield 3 :)
    when you buy a game, you pay for developers and designers work...

subscription on other hand is to cover expenses like server upgrades, network bandwith, suport and tech stuff sailaries , and there is a lot more things you are not considering. and some profit ofc.

Of course, I appreciate that keeping a game running costs money.

But I didn't say I was against paying through other means, such as microtransactions or cosmetic unlocks. And I'll happily dish out money for any new stuff that those developers develop. Expansions, DLC, missions, items - no problem. Heck, I'd be fine with paying for STO FE's, provided they're reasonably priced (ie not 50 bucks for 5 missions).

And sure, my opinion is definitely influenced by offline games, and the many hours of enjoyment I get out of those. But I also spent many hundreds of hours on Guild Wars, and paid my share of the costs there. I just think a non-sub model is friendlier to casual players, as you can just log 1 or 2 hours in one week, 15 in the next, and then not play for 6 weeks, only to pick up where you left off. Alternatively, I think it shouldn't make to much of a difference for hardcore players, as you can always just spent cash on the game you love playing, through exchanges/ingame shops/etc.

I don't disapprove of paying for things I use. Just of paying for things I don't, or hardly, use, I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    first sto is already f2p, means no mounth subscription if you dont want to
    altho i preffer mounth subscription and access to everything in game, then to pay for everything i want.

and second i think one you quoted didnt ment mounth fee, but instead of gambling for a ship, to pay fixed prise for it, like all c-store ships.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I salute you on your good fortune, I myself have spent a lot of Dilithium on purchasing Zen and well... no bug ship. But I was able to buy a tachyokinetic thingy console that boosts critz from the lobi store and I have almost another 200 lobi again after opening yet more packs.

Pity the dil-zen prices went up to 100, I hope they will not go much higher, there's only so much Dilithium I can farm in a day.:D
    first sto is already f2p, means no mounth subscription if you dont want to
    altho i preffer mounth subscription and access to everything in game, then to pay for everything i want.

The f2p stuff was mainly a response to the comments on operational costs, but to each his own, really. I prefer it the other way around, but that too is just an opinion.

and second i think one you quoted didnt ment mounth fee, but instead of gambling for a ship, to pay fixed prise for it, like all c-store ships.

Good point, as the discussion veered that way, but that was kind of what I meant too. Hence my suggestion of buying the ship with EC, on the exchange, rather than buy into the lockbox scheme. I'm all for accountwide z-store unlocks, rather than lockboxes.