test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Junior Officer Appreciation Event

v4liancev4liance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Jump in-game now to participate in our special Duty Officer event that is running until 10am PDT on Thursday, March 28, 2013. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice! Nothing to complain about here! :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll be interested when I can reclaim the Exo-Comp I lost a long time ago.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As strange as it may seem, I've been wanting the Exocomp DOff and this is it :)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For this special Duty Officer event, running now through around 10am PDT on Thursday, March 28, 2013, the following will be available:

Speak with your duty officer contact in the academies ? Lieutenant Ferra for Starfleet officers, and Lieutenant S?stas for KDF officers ? to receive up to a 50% bonus to all duty officer assignment Commendation Experience Points (CXP) for the weekend. You need only speak to him once to have the bonus for the remainder of the event. The bonus varies slightly depending on the duration of the assignment.
    So does the event run through the weekend or for the next two weeks (until 03/28)?

:confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, I need that REMAN on my newer KDF toon. I hope it's the same purple transporter officer I got last time.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Awesome, I need that REMAN on my newer KDF toon. I hope it's the same purple transporter officer I got last time.

It's always the same ones, so you're in luck. :)
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    It's always the same ones, so yo're in luck. :)

sweet !
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... Except I got the same one on my 2 newer KDF toons I got on my oldest one and he was called Kazan and was a Maintenance Engineer who does "(Space) Additional buffs applied based on type of battery used". I didn't get a transporter officer this time, or last time.
    Is the doff you get account based? Any KDF toon on x account gets a but y account gets b?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It should always be the same for each char...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can we repeat this event at different time for those of us who actually "work" during the day? Thanks
    DUwNP.gif

• ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can we repeat this event at different time for those of us who actually "work" during the day? Thanks

It's live for the next couple of days. 24/7. No reason you can't log in at any time and do it.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Neat bonus for the free purple DOFF and it took about 10 seconds of work for each character. Open to all who pay attention.

Thanks for this one.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is great! :D

I have a number of alt characters that missed the last JO appreciation event.... :cool:
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cool, glad it will be on for a few days. I will have to drop by there and do them. Be nice to have a Reman on my KDF ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It'd be nice if there was a discount on the costs of up/down grinding doffs during this time too.
    Would allow me to clear out room and actually buy more doff packs.

As it is though, I'll just take the CXP boost.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • methodownmethodown Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish I those of us that lost their Exocomp to Disaster could claim a replacement.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't spend much money on anything else, got some tax refund, and decided to throw $100.00 at the bug ship. I don't have much to show for it now, but I really have always wanted one, so I gave it a try. It has always been the most impossible ship to get. It still is.

Time to move on.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to hear that Rickpa. Hopefully you got some great consilation prizes.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, hey, I forgot to say thanks for the JOA event.

"Thanks Cryptic!"

It's coming in very handy. I've a couple toons that are really close to making T4 on all DOff Commendations, especially in Recruitment. So this will help bridge those gaps.

And it turns out, I've more toons that had never got the Exocomp than I thought, so yay! More purple DOffs.

Thanks too for the 15% DOff pack discount and bonus Lobi (and Bug chance, hahaha) in the Fleet packs. I'll pick-up a few this weekend using some of my discounted Zen from the last 15% Zen Sale. Woot, woot!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited March 2013
    Did some of most intense and dangerous DOFF missions I've ever attempted last night to take advantage of the 50% bonus on EXP and I wasn't disappointed, got 4 bonus commendation points in under 18 hours. This morning I continue 'cashing out' completed missions only to find NO BONUS EXP awarded above whats quoted in the doff assignment text.

Is the bonus only up to a certain limit of accumulated points ?

BTW- the ingame event description says 100% bonus for the weekend- obviously wrong.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did some of most intense and dangerous DOFF missions I've ever attempted last night to take advantage of the 50% bonus on EXP and I wasn't disappointed, got 4 bonus commendation points in under 18 hours. This morning I continue 'cashing out' completed missions only to find NO BONUS EXP awarded above whats quoted in the doff assignment text.

Is the bonus only up to a certain limit of accumulated points ?

BTW- the ingame event description says 100% bonus for the weekend- obviously wrong.

The bonus CXP apllies to all doff assignments BEFORE you take them. I've been seeing assignments show more CXP than they normally do during the event. If you get a critical success get even way more than you normally would. Heck I've gotten over 3k CXP on some assignments with a critical success and normally they would give around 1,500, give or take.

Let's try an easy one.
    http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Confiscate_Contraband_From_Crew
    Normally it gives 113 CXP on normal success (537 on critical), during the event I received 252 Development XP. That's a littler more than double actually. screenshot2013031622122.jpg

Trust me it's working. You aren't paying attention. I've got CXP coming out of my ears and places I didn't even know existed. :D

Edit: Thank you Cryptic for the free doffs and bonus CXP. On my main I just now managed to get rank 3 Colonial. Man that one takes forever. :D
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One thing that ticked me off with the JOA is there is no other reward given if you already have the reman for KDF or the exocomp for fed. There should have been something for people who had the reward already even if it was dilithium or energy credits
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    The bonus CXP apllies to all doff assignments BEFORE you take them. I've been seeing assignments show more CXP than they normally do during the event. If you get a critical success get even way more than you normally would. Heck I've gotten over 3k CXP on some assignments with a critical success and normally they would give around 1,500, give or take.

Let's try an easy one.
    http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Confiscate_Contraband_From_Crew
    Normally it gives 113 CXP on normal success (537 on critical), during the event I received 252 Development XP. That's a littler more than double actually. screenshot2013031622122.jpg

Trust me it's working. You aren't paying attention. I've got CXP coming out of my ears and places I didn't even know existed. :D

Edit: Thank you Cryptic for the free doffs and bonus CXP. On my main I just now managed to get rank 3 Colonial. Man that one takes forever. :D

So why is the expertise still showing a 50% increase between the amount earned before claiming the rewards, and the amount earned when you claim it in the box above the chatbox ? The CXP showed the same 50% difference on the first day of the event (same as the expertise) but the following day didn't.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So why is the expertise still showing a 50% increase between the amount earned before claiming the rewards, and the amount earned when you claim it in the box above the chatbox ? The CXP showed the same 50% difference on the first day of the event (same as the expertise) but the following day didn't.

Beats me. Maybe you should file a bug report or something.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got the Exocomp for both my Feds. Since I never had one. Plus got the Reman on my KDF as well. I will use them.

While I was there, I saw the Cadre ones. So I hit them up too. To see what they will be.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited March 2013
    Beats me. Maybe you should file a bug report or something.

LOLLLOOLOLOLLOLOLOL !!!!!

...am eagerly awaiting my bonus timer to expire, says it should be about 10 hours from now.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there a limit to the number of times we can start the 96-hour bonus timer?

If I start the timer shortly before the event ends, will I still get the full 96 hours?
  • sillybritsillybrit Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a Fed toon that doesn't have the Exocomp, but doesn't get the mission listed when speaking to Ltn Ferra.

Given that it's my oldest toon, I suspect I got the Exocomp last time and presumably lost it in a mission at some point over the past months. I assume that if this is the case that it can't be reclaimed this time?
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I started another thread about this elsewhere. You can't reclaim the special DOffs if you already got one, but lost it doing DOff missions.

I made the suggestion that they set it up so you can reclaim it, but only once a year at this time. And only if you don't already have one on your roster.

So if your special DO was killed off, you would have to wait until the next years event to get another one. And even then, only once during that event (so you don't keep killing and claiming them while the event is active).

Basically a 364 day cooldown. ;)
    edited March 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    Is there a limit to the number of times we can start the 96-hour bonus timer?

If I start the timer shortly before the event ends, will I still get the full 96 hours?

I restarted mine for the second time last night before claiming my doff mission rewards. The game doesn't seem to care that it was restarted, so I would guess it doesn't care how many restarts you performed before the event expires.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.