test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 13, 2013, Part 2

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.53

General:
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be the first to say thank you :)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweet! Good change.
  • Options
    unheard1978unheard1978 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    any chance the will be vesta Dilithium store weapons. ?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    any chance the will be vesta Dilithium store weapons. ?

why would there be? the only unique weapon the vesta has is the Auxiliary Cannon, and that comes with the ship, which you can commission and decommission as many times as you need for a full set
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Big thumbs up to ArchonCryptic for keeping an eye on this.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    why would there be? the only unique weapon the vesta has is the Auxiliary Cannon, and that comes with the ship, which you can commission and decommission as many times as you need for a full set

I assume he wants Aux Cannons in non-phaser flavors.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I assume he wants Aux Cannons in non-phaser flavors.

i wouldn't mind that, as well as having them in different types besides heavy cannons, but i don't see that coming anytime soon

and if it does, it'll either be a lockbox, lobi, fleet, reputation, or crafting (when they finally revamp it) thing...no matter which way, serious grinding will be required to get even one such weapon, and it'll cost dilithium, as most stuff tends to cost these days
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    so when will this hit the holodeck ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i wouldn't mind that, as well as having them in different types besides heavy cannons, but i don't see that coming anytime soon

and if it does, it'll either be a lockbox, lobi, fleet, reputation, or crafting (when they finally revamp it) thing...no matter which way, serious grinding will be required to get even one such weapon, and it'll cost dilithium, as most stuff tends to cost these days

I would like to see Turrets to go with the Dual Cannons, which would eliminate the dilemma of being forced to make your aft weapons useless due to having to drastically reduce your Weapons power in order to boost your Aux power sufficiently to take advantage of the cannons. Of course, some would consider this dilemma to be an important balancing issue . . .
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aux Cannons in different flavors as well as Aux Turrets and Aux Beams would be a really nice addition. Why should all of hte other ships get attention with special weapons but the Vesta gets squat? It's bad enough Cryptic shafted Vesta buyers by not even giving it a unique bridge. Why not just make the Vesta a cruiser like it truly is and completely wipe science right out of this game? :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    so when will this hit the holodeck ?

I re-ask this devs ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i think it's safe to assume that this will be in an update on Thursday.

Which Thursday is another question.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.