test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

been a while since we had a good hard server crash

pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
first mirror que failed to pop and then i swap toons to get login server disconnected. looks like servers falling over :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pointedears on

Comments

• Options
    kaiserwillykaiserwilly Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Countdown to enter the Breen patrol slowed to a crawl then threw me out. Relogged and back in the crawl.
  • Options
    nerdgoosenerdgoose Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just a "me too" post...
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Login server disconnected at 208.95.184.38:7001

Several attempts at map loading, it crawls to ~8% or something and then BAM ^
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raud1raud1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Map loads taking forever, I'm at 15% after several minutes

Edit: and crashed at 18% "Login Server Disconnected"
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The server is huuugely slow to respond for me, too. First time I tried to beam down to New Romulus (I logged in and was in orbit) it disconnected me.

After I logged back in, the loading screen from hell was taking an eternity, and I ended up forcing a crash-to-desktop to try it again.

...Then the launcher was having trouble connecting to the patch server, so I reset my router (just because I know you were going to ask, Cryptic) and logged back in.

Still having the same server lag, and the loading screen from hell is still insane.

I was rather hoping to get an hour in before work. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unable to connect at all. Was hoping to cash out my remaining doff missions before my bonus timer expires tonight.

<sigh>
    new and improved, eh ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ha, now everyone's getting kicked. WELCOME TO THE CLUB MATES! :P
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    CRIPTIC ERROR! you dun did busted it! I'm having the same issues, been playing several foundry missions for 4 hours and got ZERO rewards from them, lil ticked that I wasted that time I could have been doing something else, like not play this busted game....FIX IT BEFORE YOU MESS WITH OTHER STUFF...:mad:
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ya, Branflakes posted recently- first time in about a week.

Do the math
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    meatballsauceymeatballsaucey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well at least its a slow death. (1%..2%.......3%..............4%................5%)

I guess I will have to play something else for a while.

Figures stuff like this happens while on vacation
  • Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Time for a proper maintenance meaning 8-10 hours and get things fixed.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here. Ran a fleet marks PvE and got in and back to ESD no problem. Decided to cruise over to Tau Dewa and beam down to New Romulus. Got into the system, never made it to the planet - infinite loading screen.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    guess that means an early night, hopefully the game will be back up in the morning, time to fire up the old ps3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Something is definitely screwy. I've gotten stuck on loading screens twice in last 15 minutes.

First time that has happened to me in months, if not years.

First time was going from Sector to my freighter's bridge.

Second time was attempting transwarp to fleet starbase. Reluctant to Alt+F4 out of this one, since I know it will put my transwarp on cooldown...

Edit: Killed client and did "normal" (not safe) login to get to the fleet starbase system. And immediately got my *third* hung loading screen when I attempted to dock with starbase...

Game is unplayable for me at the moment.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    funny thing is on TTS im watching channel numbers go up and down as people try to log back in and get kicked out, im impressed still no dev or gm response, maybe the server monitor is hidden by boxes of doughnuts ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maybe the server monitor is hidden by boxes of doughnuts ?

nah, doughnuts are a police thing :D
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Started happening in the middle of rep hour... got kicked completely from a Red Alert in Tau Dewa, got back in and into another Red Alert, then got kicked again. Was fine for about 5 minutes then went to New Romulus and got stick in a long load then kicked...

So angry... missed a Tau Dewa Red Alert in Rep hour.... would have actually had enough romulan marks to finish my beam array project....
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder where the hell are the servers located? I'm beginning to think they were moved from North America to China at this point.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can load quickly to any character except the one I currently have on New Romulus, where it's a crawl and I'm repeatedly kicked off. :confused:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lightofthesun1lightofthesun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I am having this issue too. Was beaming down to New Romulus and can't get back in. Like the others stated previously, it's a slow load and crashes once it gets to 15.
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same.
    Can't get onto my Bridge or into our Starbase w/o getting the server disconnect message.
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If its gonna be server crash might as well be now and not when we have to deal with Romulans or be Romulans.

BTW this could mean they are forcibly adding new stuff for the event in two days. Plus its almost April...

First Contact Day

or

Morn forgot to wake up the server guy tonight....naaa he wouldn't but

Wesley would for sure. I bet if we had Geordi or O'Brian running things i bet this

never would have happened. Oh wait with Geordi's luck of course if would.

EDIT: Please see this thread for more information: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=587421 ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
This discussion has been closed.