test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rookie Question

galland360galland360 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Is there weapons that only the AI gets that we can never get?

I am asking, as I am starting to see a certain missile weapon type more often (mainly when I am in the SB 24 PVE) and the large Klingon's shoot that I can only describe as a white cotton candy looking thing.

What is it?
Is there a Defense?
Post edited by galland360 on

Comments

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're probably talking about Isometric Charge. It's available on the Vor'Kang (Vor'cha Refit) for KDF and in one of the cross-faction console packs for FED.

If it's the beam that shuts you down, I believe that's the Magnometric Generator from the Koro't'inga (K'tinga Refit) for the KDF. No FED version, and no defense.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    galland360 wrote: »
    Is there weapons that only the AI gets that we can never get?

invisible torpedos from Tac Cubes in the STF's critting at 300k dmg right to the hull
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're probably talking about Isometric Charge. It's available on the Vor'Kang (Vor'cha Refit) for KDF and in one of the cross-faction console packs for FED.

If it's the beam that shuts you down, I believe that's the Magnometric Generator from the Koro't'inga (K'tinga Refit) for the KDF. No FED version, and no defense.

It's not the magneto thingy. It's the Gravimetric Pulse from one of the C-Store Raptors available for the KDF and a cross-faction box out off the Cardassian lockbox for Feds. :)
  • galland360galland360 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    okay..thank you very much on the information.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    It's not the magneto thingy. It's the Gravimetric Pulse from one of the C-Store Raptors available for the KDF and a cross-faction box out off the Cardassian lockbox for Feds. :)

No, Graviton Pulse does a different thing from what I'm thinking of. Graviton Pulse keeps you from maneuvering, the Magnetometric Generator shuts down both your engines and your weapons.
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    invisible torpedos from Tac Cubes in the STF's critting at 300k dmg right to the hull

Oh you don't have that? ;)
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The few that come to mind off the top of my head:

Borg Shield Neutralizer 'missile' that cubes and tractor probes use.
    Nausican fighters("Stingers") have some kind of turning disable-beam - doesn't show as buff or debuff, can only stop it by killing the fighter(s).
    The Tholian Tarantula's main charge-up beam weapon.
    Likewise for the Thalaron attack on the Rom/Reman/Donatra Scimitars.

There are probably a couple more I'm forgetting, but generally speaking the other factions mostly use abilities that can be found as special consoles for various zen/lockbox ships.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, Graviton Pulse does a different thing from what I'm thinking of. Graviton Pulse keeps you from maneuvering, the Magnetometric Generator shuts down both your engines and your weapons.

Actually that's the "Projected Stasis Beam" thing. That drains a huge amount of power from weapons and enginees.

Magnometric Overload is the big cone AoE that shoves people really far away.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    It's not the magneto thingy.

You may be on to something...

The Borg haven't been using invisible torpedoes. They have been using Assimilated Magneto.