test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will we be able to get the scimitar dreadnought when romulan faction is up

2»

Comments

• notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it is going to happen then it should turn at 3 deg/sec like Karl-Gerat mortar
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say it and as much as I would love some solid proof your right, its clutching dual orbs of romulus and remus...not the single orb like the new one their teaser showed, so its likely old.

If it were old, then it wouldn't have been uploaded to the Gateway which is very new and WIP. If it were an icon for some generic lore viewer or such, there would be other faction versions beyond Fed and KDF.

Fact is it was uploaded recently and there are only three files with that naming convention; Fed, KDF and Romulan.

Also, Romulan tac/eng/sci BOFF icons have been added to the game's files recently too.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    It was actually the Red Matter from the Jellyfish that caused it. Nero just used it is all.

Just like Admiral Janeway had to give that one Intrepid the Ablative armor, and the Romulans gave that one defiant a cloak and Admiral Riker gave that one Galaxy both a cloak and a phaser lance.

It's just what made each ship, including the Narada, special.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The 'Borg tech' explaination was from a comic book that is, at best, soft-canon.

The same comic where we find out that Data is captain of the Enterprise, which is used in this game's storyline.
    Anyway - point is, the Countdown comic was soft-canon.

Which this game, also soft canon or not even canon at all, has already used for its own story.
    The Nadara was, therefore, an inexplicably heavily armed mining ship with an inexplicable (and frankly rubbish) design.

It's a heavily armed ship, and it gets the job done. I get that you may not like how it looks, but that's subjective and has no place in a discussion about the available Romulan ships and where they fit into their roles in the fleet.

If the Galaxy X can be used, if the Aventine can be used, if the Excelsior can be used, then the Narada can fit somewhere into a Romulan fleet that is going to be short on ship designs as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    that's a very good point. A playable romulan faction will likely end up with access to every ship design ever seen associated with the RSE in any capacity.

Also, Romulans used D-7's in TOS, so we'll probably see them in the RSE ship lineup as well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • borgcrusherborgcrusher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chillee wrote: »
    There will not be a playable Romulan faction with this update.

what is the may 2013 countdown about then
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is not a thread about whether or not the Romulan faction is hitting in May. Please keep that fight in the threads where it is appropriate.

Now for those of us who aren't killjoys, I hope the Scimitar gets three versions too! One without fighters would really make my day. The original Scimitar was kinda meh, but when cryptic put that Romulan green on it I fell in love. Nemisis was pretty meh as well, but that space battle was one of the best. I can't wait.
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I love seeing Romulan ships when they're not getting blown up by the good guys. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited March 2013

A new Klingon Tutorial and Dominion Lock Boxes I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    A new Klingon Tutorial and Dominion Lock Boxes I think.
    Uh, we already have one of those 2. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Scimitar is a big ship, maybe too big, even if they are adding Romulans I would seriously doubt they would offer the flagship of the Romulan fleet right off the bat.
    It's way too early to say, the teasers could mean Romulans or it could mean a continuation of the Iconian/Romulan story line. It would probably be a good idea for people to no let their expectations get too carried away.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Crushed hopes and shattered dreams. ;)
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    The Scimitar is a big ship, maybe too big, even if they are adding Romulans I would seriously doubt they would offer the flagship of the Romulan fleet right off the bat.
    It's way too early to say, the teasers could mean Romulans or it could mean a continuation of the Iconian/Romulan story line. It would probably be a good idea for people to no let their expectations get too carried away.
    It'd be a BIG draw for the Z-Store though. Lots of people would want one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I love seeing Romulan ships when they're not getting blown up by the good guys. :)

Don't get your hopes up, they're just end up being blown up by the bad...uhm...red guys! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A Romulan Faction is entirely possible.

Why? Because cryptic does only need to provide:

Commander level and up in ships (i assume the Romulans would start at commander level, as any dirty no fed has to.).

Designing a romulan ship is not that difficult: birds. And they had certainly enough time since ever to do this on the side. + they can do sci/tac/engi/hybrid variants of everything so the player has loads of choice gameplay wise)

The missions arc is already covered by the FE and the usual dailys. Add in adapted variants of the current adventure zones (like, you attacking the vault instead of protecting it from tholians) since re-purposing assets is a well practiced routine for cryptic.

Then to top it of: revamp the reward system for foundry missions so romulans can level of that. Done.

You know? stuff that modders usually do. and better. and faster. and for the kudos alone.