test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshots proving PWE WILL NOT deposiy the Zen I purchased

daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
First pic: Confirmation email. Presumably this means the Zen is in my account.

Pic 1

Second pic: My account, as of just now, showing that NOTHING has been deposited into my account, and that the transaction is still being reviewed, despite having been approved.

Pic 2

Is there an explaination for this, or do I have to keep waiting until I give up? Seriously, why would they send me an approval letter only to keep the money and blatantly refuse to deposit the Zen I PAID FOR?
My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
Post edited by daqhegh on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First time around usually takes a while. Don't know why.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That doesn't answer my question -- why would it be approved but not deposited? It doesn't make sense.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And posting it here accomplishes what? If you haven't received your zen yet you should be discussing this with customer support, or with your bank if customer support is unresponsive, there is nothing that anyone here can do to help you.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daqhegh wrote: »
    That doesn't answer my question -- why would it be approved but not deposited? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I get your upset but that is uncalled for. It does actually answer your question, crusty8mac is telling you it takes a while first time around.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    And posting it here accomplishes what? If you haven't received your zen yet you should be discussing this with customer support, or with your bank if customer support is unresponsive, there is nothing that anyone here can do to help you.

According to your pic it states that it's under review/process. Thus, Cryptic is working on it and maxvitor is correct, there is absolutely nothing to be gained from posting this here.

I do wish you the best of luck however and having purchased zen on numerous occasions via Cryptic's site, I can safely say they have never mishandled my funds. So I hope this makes you feel slightly better and trust that everything will work out just fine.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
    edited March 2013
    There were TWO pics. The other was the authorization letter -- which is a LIE. If it was authorized, my account wouldn't say it's still under review. Obviously you didn't bother reading the whole thing.

And I DID report this, but they don't think it's important enough to respond. I got the automatic thing saying "we don't give a **** -- tell someone who does," but that's it. No real human response, no resolution, NADA.

Since you don't believe me, this is my ticket number: #130310-001158.

It's my hope that people see the rampant fraud that is going on here. I'm not the first to point out how corrupt PWE is, and what little regard they have for their customers. I guess it doesn't matter, as they already have my money and have made it clear that I will never see it again. I'm just a Launch-Era lifer. My patronage means NOTHING to them. If this bull**** isn't proof, nothing is.

And YES, I stole the card, and the money I spent, and the account it's in. Ya happy? PWE is right; the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

And, after this, I can safely say I don't believe you and I don't trust them. If circumstances were different, I might. But...this thing called "common sense" won't let me.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The first time you buy Zen it can take up to 48 hours to clear the transaction through the system. This is done so that the Credit Card holder has time to dispute the charge - assuming you are using someone else's card. This is especially true of larger transactions.

And while you might think it's funny to talk about stolen Credit Cards and fraudulent transactions I can tell you it's a pain in the butt. I had someone steal and use my Card once. They racked up charges on dating websites - Match.com, Christianmingle, and eharmony - as well as TRIBBLE and gaming sites. My Card had 6 WoW accounts on it; and none of that was easy to clear up. I wish any one of those sites had waited 48 hours before approving the transaction.

And, in case you didn't know, Support Tickets take 3-5 business days to get a response. PWE has 13 games and millions of fans. Support is handled first-come, first-served. If there are 10,000 people ahead of you then you need to wait for those 10,000 to be dealt with first.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is why I encourage those to use the PWE cards or other forms of prepaid cards you can buy at your local GameStop or other game shops. I haven't had any trouble purchasing or receiving ZEN but the first time I did, it took about an hour to fully process. Every transaction after was almost instantanious (a minute or so).
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1.) What is "Skrill"? They are the ones who have your money and have charged you. Then it is up to them to transfer that money over to PWE. And they seem to have not done do immediately.

So I would take it up with Skrill.

2.) If I am going to use my credit card, I would have used a service that was showing Visa, MasterCard, etc. logos. Again, I have NO idea what Skrill is.

3.) "And I DID report this, but they don't think it's important enough to respond. I got the automatic thing saying "we don't give a **** -- tell someone who does," but that's it. No real human response, no resolution, NADA."

You say they didn't respond, and then post that they did respond (and I'm pretty sure you didn't quote the exact wording from the message).

It sounds like boilerplate, cut and paste "please be patient" letter. We had those in customer support where people didn't understand that transactions between financial services aren't always immediate, or smooth.

So, you got a "just chill" letter.

4.) This much rage after, what, a few hours? Come back after a full day or two and complain then.

Or wait ... don't. Cause we can't do anything. What is this , a call to arms? Rallying the troops to storm the barricades of the evil empire?

Seriously, take it up with customer support and just pester them with this.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, you were charged for the zen but cryptic wants to make sure they will not get a charge back so they are going to wait (review process) a few days (probably 48 hours) before finalizing the transaction and giving you your zen. there is nothing to get upset about, this is how business is done and if the shoe was on the other foot you as the business owner would do the same thing. Give it 48 hours and if by then it has not completed then contact customer support about it.

PS there is no need to get angry at people, its not going to change the situation at all.
    edited March 2013
    I have to work. That means I only have the weekend to play. So if they delliberately waste my time on this unnecessary wait, I won't get to use the money I put in. Best case, I'll playagain next weekend. More likely, it will be next month. It's called real life. And I think this is a form of extortion. "Yeah, you may or may not see your money again, but why should we care? It's YOUR fault you don't have time."

If the third party authorized the transaction (presumably Skrill), there is NO REASON to keep me waiting. Honestly -- if they were really doing a "security check" there wouldn't be any authorization sent until it was done. In banking terms (as far as I know), "authorization" means that the reviewing process is complete and the payment has gone through, presumably without overdrawing the account. SO...no one has actually answered my question other than confirming the fact that I'm basically SOL and I will likely never see my money again. It isn't like I did anything wrong, other than trusting PWE. Now that they have my payment info, there''s no telling how mcuh money they will remove without compensation.

Personally, I think this is PWE's punishment for playing their games. Now all I want is a refund -- I REALLY don't know when I'll have time to play again. And the automatic response letter said 3-4 BUSINESS DAYS, meaning they probably won't respond and I have absolutely NO right to spend my money where I want when I want. I doubt it will get processed over the weekend, if at all. I'm telling you, it's hard to find a company that despises and HATES their customers as much as PWE. Money only goes one way, and my account might was well not exist. I'm a liar, I stole the card and that's all there is to it. PWE said it, so it MUST be correct.
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and corperations have this thing called a "bottom line." It means that they only care that money is coming in and not flowing out. It isn't their concern where it's coming from as long it adds up to a profit for them.

With that in mind, I don't believe that this so-called security check is really in the customers' interest. I think they want to make sure it is coming from an active account and they can continue to charge from it at their leisure. Banks do it all the time (ie. fees associated with direct deposits). And, in some cases, you can set up your bills to automatically deduct from the active account.

Who is to say PWE isn't attempting this? And why should they CARE where the money is coming from? They aren't the one who stole it. Customers are the real criminals, not the corperations.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the multiple posts, but I found a link that confirms that PWE hates their customers. I DID call my bank and they said everything is cleared (and remember I got a message from Skrill saying the same thing). But this isn't the first time this has happened. The money has already been taken out of my account, and we all know PWE doesn't believe in refunds.

Link
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, at this point I can only assume you are trolling (and if you are, kudos. It is indeed an epic trolling) or are mentally imbalanced.

You have taken a typical financial transaction (which has been confirmed as normal by many sources in this thread and others) and taken a delay in payment processing to mean:
    • PWE has flagged your credit card as stolen
    • PWE will make unauthorized charges on your credit card
    • You have absolutely no recourse if PWE does make unauthorized charges
    • They will do this repeatedly
    • Their standard email responses are secretly coded "F you!" letters that only you can understand the "true" meaning of
    • PWE hates their customers and is actively looking for ways to defraud them on a grand scale

Even the "proof" you post are screenshots many other customers have seen before and the link you posted to as verification is just someone else who doesn't like the banking delay. That link even goes on to state that some of the payment methods are ones used by online gambling sites, and are regularly verified for first time purchases.

A inconvenient delay in your ZEN showing up in your account has led you to accuse PWE of fraud, embezzlement, racketeering, conspiracy and outright theft.

God help any company who actually does do something real to you someday.

And God help their customers, because you will surely bypass standard customer service channels and turn to them first.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seriously, I understand the frustration but, for future, use PayPal. First time, second time, 655th time, PayPal payments are instant. If you have issues with PayPal, Google Wallet is also instant. Buying online is a flaky business at best. Rather keep your info with reputable, stable companies that you can use on virtually every site than submit your CC info to a million different places.

Good luck getting it figured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PWE does do this to ensure that the card isn't stolen and that the charge isn't cancelled, it's in their best interests and yours as it means that if someone had stolen your card and was using it to buy Zen on their account, you can cancel it and that PWE doesn't lose out.

Officially it takes up to 48 hours, personal experience has shown that it usually takes between 30 mins to 2 hours. On the other hand, so long as you use the same details through the same methods in the future, it'll be credited immediately.
  • cutter187cutter187 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    (Once again with the stupid no posting of threads thing. I posted this in a New Thread on the Champions Online board but I will post this here as well just for the added exposure since I play both games.To the OP, I can understand your frustration and frankly some of you should cut the guy some slack insead of accusing him of having mental issues or being a troll. Jornado understood this. What follows is what I posted.)

On 3/10/13, I bought two Zen packages using debit/credit. The purchases entered the review process and have stayed there since. I was told by others that the first time buying Zen using a new card could take a few hours sometimes but a few hours has come and gone. In any event, whatever the reason waiting now more than 24 hours to recieve what I paid for is simply unacceptable. I talked to my bank and they assured me that it's not them. I got a confirmation email from Moneybooker saying the transaction was succesful.

At around noon on 3/11/13, I submitted a ticket on this issue asking about the delay and have also yet to recieve an answer to that ticket. Yes you do indeed say to expect a response in 3-4 days but that too is a length of time that is totally unacceptable in this day and age. This all makes less sense considering it's me who wants to give PWE money, and to the tune of $50 no less.

As a customer, I cannot understand this sort of customer service. Having to wait this length of time with no easy way to comunicate with your company completely saps all good feelings I might have had with making this purchase and enjoying what I bought. Again, it does not matter if this is working as intended from your end. I should not have these problems. I do expect some sort of response to this problem. If all that happens is I eventually get what I paid for with no contact, I will be sorely disappointed and will not make anymore purchases in the future.
    based on your shots, i believe "skrill" is a representative of "moneybookers", one of the payment processors that pwe uses. my understanding is that moneybookers sent the charge to your bank, and your bank released the funds to them...then, there's a window of time (i saw 48 hours in here somewhere earlier, but iirc, it's usually much much faster than that) for moneybookers to review the transaction and give the cardholder a chance to disupte the charge. then, finally, moneybookers releases the cash to pwe, and they credit you your zen almost immediately. so yes, the email was from moneybookers saying "yeah, we successfully charged you this for that on behalf of pwe", not "omg yay money, your zen will be in your wallet yesterday".

i'll also /signed for the fact that i've given pwe a bunch of my money (omg lockbox lottery gets addicting :D ), and have always recieved my zen/lifetime sub within a reasonable timeframe, and have never been extra-charged or anything untowards.

I do understand the frustration, and i don't believe that you have a mental condition, other than perhaps something i'm going to call "online shopping PTSD" from having been bitten by online merchants in the past. Remember that patience is a virtue and your zen will come.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Again, PayPal. Instant, secure, no international fees, a helluva lot better customer service than PWE or any other online company I've dealt with.

I'll say it again. Take the 5 minutes to set up a PayPal account. Use it almost everywhere online without giving up your personal info to everywhere you buy. You can even get a PayPal debit card that will pull from your normal debit/credit card and give you 1% cash back. I get big zen purchases that way, and I believe since its a PayPal card, those too are instant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.