test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shipyard tier 4 costs. Absolutely insane.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just started doing Shipyard tier 4,and one thing it needs is 900,000 dilithium.
yes you read that right. That figure is totally insane,considering this ridiculous dilithium cap is at 8000.
This is another reason the dilithium cap needs to be scrapped,to help us get through the projects.
A cap at 8000,only hinders progress. Where is the fun there?
Devs please wake up and smell the coffee. make this game fun,and not a nightmare.
Scrap the Dil cap,and make this game more fun,worthwhile and with affordable projects.
Big fleet or small fleet,the projects are far too expensive,mainly because of the dilithium cap.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and.....just wondering how many people in your fleet?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wildweasal wrote: »
    and.....just wondering how many people in your fleet?

220 at last count. I know what your thinking though,and that is besides the point.
    These projects are far too expensive. as said 900,000 dil is totally insane,and unrealistic.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just to improve your morale: That's nothing. Just wait.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thers around 300 in my fleet BUT only around 50 that log on once a week for a hour maybe two. and only 3 people that have ever put dilthium into the fleet.

lets face it why put all ur dilthium into a fleet when u can turn it into ec to buy ships box ships and fleet ships.

the leaderboard in my fleet is me and my mate.

im sitting at just uder 4mil fleet credit most of it dilthium inculding MONEY converted into dilthium.

not only have i spent an insane amount of time farming just to fill up projects its also not getting us anywhere as i need millions of dilthium and even if everyone in our fleet poured the dilthium into the fleet. it would still take years to compelte.

im sure most fleets have gave up on the idea of actualy finishing it . oh and now we got REP and embassy to do also.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    220 at last count. I know what your thinking though,and that is besides the point.
    These projects are far too expensive. as said 900,000 dil is totally insane,and unrealistic.
    Now my Fleet is only a few days away from finishing a Tier V Fleet Shipyard project, and were not that large a Fleet...

At 220 Members, your only talking about half of a Dilithium daily production cap per member to contribute for the Tier 4 shipyard costs...
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited March 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Just to improve your morale: That's nothing. Just wait.

Embassy Tier 3= 2,000,000 Dilithium.
    Starbase Tier 5= 3,600,000 Dilithium

Not including all the projects it takes to get the XP to do the upgrades. It's too early for me to do that kind of math.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As already mentioned, the Starbase Tier 5 unlock is 3.6 milliion dilithium alone, so if the 900,000 seems undoable perhaps it's time to slow down or stop entirely to save the heartache.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The cap is there for one reason only, it is a control designed to enhance a revenue stream; pure and simple. There is no logical in game reason for it or functional community one. It is however the single biggest hurdle for small fleets to advance unless the people in them pony up the funds and buy the stuff via a RMT however. It is naked monetization of the community development system.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • pendra3780pendra3780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, is there anyone holding a gun to your head to start that project?

If you want vanity TRIBBLE, prepare to pay the price. The time and money invested will be so worth it when PWE finally pulls the plug and erases this game from the net.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Based on what besides your subjective opinion on the matter? How exactly is the amount of Dilithium unrealistic, what exactly are you basing this on, RL dilithium refining values?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At 220 Members, your only talking about half of a Dilithium daily production cap per member to contribute for the Tier 4 shipyard costs...
    900k dilithium between 220 members (assuming they're all active): ask them to part with one quarter of their daily dilithium refinement cap. 2000 per member yields you 440000 in one day. In two days you're now just 20k short... just ask four other guys to help you by donating another 4k dilithium.
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You need to ask your fleet to contribute then. Fleet Starbases are for a considerable number of people working together to achieve, not 3 people.

At present, all your hard work and contributions are going to a fleet that probably will just use the contributions.

Update your fleet daily message asking people to contribute in some fashion.
  • sven2561sven2561 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think a good idea for fleet star base / embassy projects is auto ticking.

Say 10,000 dilithium per day for each project this will help smaller fleets out a lot, and speed up the projects a little for the larger ones.
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thers around 300 in my fleet BUT only around 50 that log on once a week for a hour maybe two. and only 3 people that have ever put dilthium into the fleet.

lets face it why put all ur dilthium into a fleet when u can turn it into ec to buy ships box ships and fleet ships.

the leaderboard in my fleet is me and my mate.

im sitting at just uder 4mil fleet credit most of it dilthium inculding MONEY converted into dilthium.

We were running into a similar situation in our fleet (350 members around 100 active) where two people were actually spending real money to finish off projects. We were only at tier II at the time, so as a Council, we decided to change our permissions so you need to be rank 3 within the fleet (we called it Fleet Captain) to be able to purchase anything from the fleet stores.

To be promoted to Fleet Captain in our fleet, you have to contribute enough resources to fleet/Embassy projects to aquire 100,000 Fleet Credit on your main character and 50,000 Fleet Credit for each alt you wish to have purchase fleet stores (ships, weapons, armor, ect) after that. If you don't want to buy stuff from the fleet, you don't have to contribute. The other thing we did is put a hold on all special projects until we get the Base/Embassy up to maximum tier. Cryptic has already re-run all the special projects, so you know they will re-run them again. Once we are done, we'll get those after :)

This solution has worked great for us. About half of our population have become Fleet Captains. We have just finished our Tier IV Shipyard last night and started on our Tier IV Industrial Replicator. Also our Embassy has already reached Tier II and is about a quarter of the way to Tier III.

Perhaps something similar will work for your fleet? Talk about it with your fleet leaders :)

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the cost from doing everything from T1-T4 is less than doing everything from T4-t5.

Then you still have to buy everything with Dilithium.

Then you still have provisions that you have to buy with dilithium.

You think it has ever occured to cryptic that this was unfair?

Pro Tip: Don't do T5 now. Do the embassy.
    Convert Dilithium to Zen. Wait until some fleets have nothing more to do and start flooding the market with dilithium. Then the price will be better to convert.

Cryptic will most likely make starbase creation easier in the future.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to wonder what is the purpose of all these 200+ player Fleets if not to combine resources? Are people inviting hundreds of players to their Fleets just to say: "Look at me! I have 300 in my Fleet! Aren't I cool?"

I have over 200 players in my Federation Fleet. I send out monthly Resource requirements. Each player knows exactly what they are required to contribute to the Fleet per month. Asking a player to donate 1 day's earnings per month to the Fleet is not unreasonable.

I certainly give players some leeway. I understand that life comes before hobby, but if you are playing regularly and refusing to contribute to the Fleet you get bounced. Apparently there are thousands of other Fleets out there who will take you and expect you to do nothing. My Fleet is not one of those.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited March 2013

For large fleets, no, that amount of dilithium should be easy.

Even for a fleet of 50, it's only 18,000 dilithium each, which isn't a huge amount to contribute, it starts to get insane when you go down in fleet numbers.
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is answers to your delema. More toons. And you use the exchange to transfer the dilithium to your Fleet toon. This has a double benefit. You can also get more free doffs along the way.

I would create klingon toons and make them Tac only. For more DPS. Plus if you get a KDF toon you start at level 20+ so you can do doff missions right off the bat. Do your doff lissions and mirror universe dailys to level fast. Solve your problem with more toons. I know it is a pian. But you can refine more dilithium this way. And if you save your drops from STFs you can help outfit your new toons. This can be a fun way to explore other races as well. I know leveling KDF is a real pain. But if you stick to Mirro universe and Doff XP you will have a much easier time of it.

And remember. Any ships you buy or have bought from the Cstore are available to all your characters. If you get some of your fleet memebers to create new toons as well. You can get yht Dilithium you so desire.

I do not deny the exspense is way to high. But it may not change because those who have reached tier 5 with the current system. Might cry foul. I would stress the benefits of what leveling a fleet has to offer also. You need to promote your Starbase in order to level it. And do not do a KDF and Fed Starbase at the sam time.

To my knowledge all stuff except fleet points you earn. Are transferrable to either side. You can mail you KDF doffs and items. And transfer dilithium through the exchange. Try using a strategy. And dont give up easily. Stay on target. And others will fall in line. Talk about the benefits of being in a fleet. Also you may want to consider being part of another fleet that does not have as many problems leveling the Starbase and Embassy.

If your fleet is laggin behind. You might consider jumping ship!
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OP, is there ANYthing about STO that you DO like and enjoy? :(
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Inculding MONEY converted into dilthium.

Precisely the intent, also why Cryptic introduced new dil sinks in S7 to crash the price of Zen ;) My advice to you is buy more dilithium with your devalued real world money, it'll be so worth it.

Not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know we all have several toons. SOme players in my fleet have up to 16 toons. This sounds crazy. But if someone is willing to grind that much. There is nothing stopping them from earning all the diluthium they can get. And refining it the same day.
  • wadesantutwadesantut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem here is simple.
    Cryptic requires money to stay in business.
    The game is free to play, so they have to make money elsewhere.
    The boxeses net them some nice cash, but their real money maker is those that will pay real money for in game advancement.
    So they create these rescource drains where we can all pour our gold, and at the bottom is PWE, with a big sack lauging at those who would spend real money on virtual items, or advancement.
    Dont hold your breth on them lowering the requirments on it.
    Cryptic, I would love you to prove me wrong.
    But I doubt you will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I have to wonder what is the purpose of all these 200+ player Fleets if not to combine resources? Are people inviting hundreds of players to their Fleets just to say: "Look at me! I have 300 in my Fleet! Aren't I cool?"

I have over 200 players in my Federation Fleet. I send out monthly Resource requirements. Each player knows exactly what they are required to contribute to the Fleet per month. Asking a player to donate 1 day's earnings per month to the Fleet is not unreasonable.

I certainly give players some leeway. I understand that life comes before hobby, but if you are playing regularly and refusing to contribute to the Fleet you get bounced. Apparently there are thousands of other Fleets out there who will take you and expect you to do nothing. My Fleet is not one of those.

A previous poster mentioned that they have donation requirements to achieve/unlock purchasing power... I was looking at the exact same structure. Then your post also peaked my interest... if you dont mind me asking, how do you track this? using the Overall Contribution tab of the Roster?

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zztoppers wrote: »
    Plus if you get a KDF toon you start at level 20+ so you can do doff missions right off the bat.

You have to be lvl 22 or 23 KDF side before you can do Doff missions. Unless they changed that recently.
    I know leveling KDF is a real pain. But if you stick to Mirro universe and Doff XP you will have a much easier time of it.

There's some fairly decent KDF PvE content, between that, Doff's and other dailies leveling up KDF side is no harder and in some ways easier then it is Fed side.

The advantage of KDF side is you have access to more sources of Dilithium and Contraband, that all can be sent Fed side as needed.

But again, if the OP's fleet is 220 characters, and assuming that not everyone has 20+ alts. There's no reason at all they can't earn that much Dilithium in 2-3 days if everyone actually helps out a bit.

100 people each donating half their daily limit, could fill 900,000 dil in 3 days.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not insane at all ... just challenging.

Patience is a virtue :)
  • epsiloniaepsilonia Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not insane at all ... just challenging.

Patience is a virtue :)

Basically this. Our fleet was one of the first (if not the first) to hit T5 shipyards. It was a long time, but our time was finally here once we finished the upgrade at the end of January. We hit T4 back at the end of September, back when the projects required green tac/sec officers. We were going through a ton of EC a day just making the projects go, and it was a long road getting from there to here. But we did it, because we have faith of the heart.
    Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
    Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
    It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sry i dont see how is 900k a lot for 400+ chars u can have in fleet even if every of them would give 3k dill u would pass 1200000 in one day
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They are pricey, but I wouldn't call them Insane. Our fleet has everything at T4, and we are halfway to get Military to T5. The embassy will be completely finished by mid next week. I though that we would see a slowdown of projects completing, but it is the opposite. We are able to complete a full set of projects each night, so we are progressing at a stead rate. We even limited Special Projects, but there were plenty of members that put their hand up to commit to the Dilithium required. We have 500 members, and are starting to move Alt's to a second Fleet to make room for more recruits :)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You're complaining about that much Dilithium with 220 people? Which equates to little over 4000 Dilithum per person in your fleet (half of a day's Dilithum Intake).

I'm sorry, but guys like me who are in very small fleets (under 5 people) would DIE to see those kinds of deals. Instead we have to grind hard for months to pay for that. So you're very fortunate compared to us.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You guys are making me soooooo glad I'm not in a fleet. :D
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon