test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glitch spots at Earth space dock

log4n227log4n227 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have made a couple of videos showing how to get to glitch Spots while in the Earth space dock Here is the first one that I have Completed. I will be uploading the others as soon as Im done editing them. http://youtu.be/KvaOCdqtavc
Post edited by log4n227 on

Comments

• Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, by all means, alert the devs on the STO forums of these specific "tricks" so they can block people from doing them ever again.

**Sarcasm

Don't think they won't try to "fix" them, either.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't think they'll care too much see how you do have to find some thing in the game to pass the time while you wait for your projects to finish or wait for the next round of STF. Any way heres the next video. http://youtu.be/VJW5nXhpHoo
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't call this a glitch, or an exploit.... more like a cool trick. Now if you could figure out how to get to the hidden rooms in ESD, that would be worth reading about. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't call this a glitch, or an exploit.... more like a cool trick. Now if you could figure out how to get to the hidden rooms in ESD, that would be worth reading about. :D

I am currently working on such a video. I am also work on get to the other side of the glass in the hanger place where you upgrade your ship. I have seen people in both and think that would be a pretty cool tut vid . oh and I might need some help find other places in the game if anyone is interested in helping i'll put your name in the credits on you tube....... oh yeah one more thing the room above club 72.............not this video http://youtu.be/2gfGz-dPnCo
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    log4n227 wrote: »
    I am currently working on such a video. I am also work on get to the other side of the glass in the hanger place where you upgrade your ship. I have seen people in both and think that would be a pretty cool tut vid . oh and I might need some help find other places in the game if anyone is interested in helping i'll put your name in the credits on you tube....... oh yeah one more thing the room above club 72.............not this video http://youtu.be/2gfGz-dPnCo

Quinn is like "GTFO my fish tank and green crystal or I'll demote you" XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I noticed something interesting at 3:15. You can see a peice of floor from a different room sticking out of the wall. :D

Check these out, I made them in Foundry and I'm not sure if there IS a way to get to the in normal gameplay, and they might be part of the old ESD...:
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/the-old-admiral-s-office-in-ESD-336434271?_sid=61040a3e
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/the-private-area-of-the-old-ESD-Club-336433889?_sid=519619e7
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/old-transporter-pad-in-ESD-336433552?_sid=17a1f11d

I'm not sure if this one is even still part of the map:
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/the-old-ESD-shipyard-336434559?_sid=2e6c95b8
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yeah hey thanks for that, there may be something to that. I'll check that out asap and get back to with my finds. Oh and I'm going to be starting a new tut vid series for STF its more of a how to get the maximum reward out of the mission. If anyone would like to help please reply with your in game contact info and I'll add you also if you have a mic use it voip on here isnt the greatest but it works. as a reminder any one who is featured in one of my videos will get credit at the end of the video.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't think they'll care too much see how you do have to find some thing in the game to pass the time while you wait for your projects to finish or wait for the next round of STF. http://youtu.be/VJW5nXhpHoo
    You think that idea is something new? We had things like that in the first 2yrs. They all got "fixed", which why certain things like (for example) exploring the top of Vulcan's main temple, the gardens surrounding Starfleet Academy, exploring the highest mountains on Andoria, and getting atop the tallest crates by the window near the tailor on ESD are no longer possible or accessible.

Now I don't think it's a bad idea for you to do this how-to vid. I think it's a bad idea to post it HERE on the STO forums. There's a reason people have a tendency to say things like "Cryptic likes to nerf fun." Because little things like exploring outside the map get brought to their attention, and they change it up so no can do it anymore. If one day you find these "glitches" have been fixed, please refer to this thread in a forum the devs frequent...

:(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kain9prime wrote: »
    You think that idea is something new? We had things like that in the first 2yrs. They all got "fixed", which why certain things like (for example) exploring the top of Vulcan's main temple, the gardens surrounding Starfleet Academy, exploring the highest mountains on Andoria, and getting atop the tallest crates by the window near the tailor on ESD are no longer possible or accessible.

Now I don't think it's a bad idea for you to do this how-to vid. I think it's a bad idea to post it HERE on the STO forums. There's a reason people have a tendency to say things like "Cryptic likes to nerf fun." Because little things like exploring outside the map get brought to their attention, and they change it up so no can do it anymore. If one day you find these "glitches" have been fixed, please refer to this thread in a forum the devs frequent...

:(

I hear what your saying I do.. But the truth is some of the places you speak of are still not patched, heck the other day I was atop the Vulcans main temple and as for the tallest crates maybe you should try it again or just wait for my video of how to get up there.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The Gardens at academy were NEVER accessible without using a glitch. They were also bugged to heck..... It was possible to get so badly stuck you had to log out of the game completely to fix it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I hear what your saying I do..
    OK, cool. Had to throw it out there for consideration. And I'll be lookin' for that Vulcan tip cuz I can't seem to get to the top of temple since the roll-climb got nerfed.

---

The Gardens at academy were NEVER accessible without using a glitch. They were also bugged to heck..... It was possible to get so badly stuck you had to log out of the game completely to fix it.
    I didn't say they weren't accessible without it, and getting stuck wasn't the point - I mean, it's gonna happen if you fall into the "Underworld". It would seem the OP understands my point, which is that those of us that know where to go to explore - or would like to learn where to explore - would appreciate it if the devs only "fix" things that are truly broken (ability tray, BOff placement bugs, clothing, hair and item clipping on characters, Ker'rat stretchy Borg or Borg that fly around the map like they're trippin' acid, etc.).

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hehe, I remember the chaos and madness of those days. :D It was a lot of fun, but it confused newbies to no end....

My favorite part was walking on the bay, and walking all the way out the the picture of the horizon. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey guy thanks for the views on you tube I'm going to countine to make these videos but in light of me drawing in kids aka trolls I'm going to take a break from this series and focus on making the STF series. I'll post my last video (for the time being) on here once Sony Vegas is done rendering it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My videos are now live at YouTube